Old/New handles

But needed ...

We have too many stickies as it it...

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire
I Think they should put up a point list as well as who has been banned. We should know as well what points people have recieved and why. Discipline is discipline.
Agree with the comments in support of a banned thread. It worked exactly as THN proposed when aspd had it. I don't recall anyone stating it was unfair, but maybe there was something about it that has kept the Eccie staff from adopting something similar.

I know it has been proposed on numerous occasions, to no avail.
I made one assumption when I made the first post I should make clear.

with over 100,000 handles, there is no way the staff has the time to search out banned members multiple handles etc. Especially in a large forum like Dallas. typically its not till they start breaking the rules or a member points them out that they get looked at.

So one of the main points of the post is how do we help the staff remove people from group 2 without infringing on the people in group 1?
I think the mystery/drama factor keeps them from adopting it. As long as there is a sense of mystery behind someone's actions then they are still allowed to do what they have always done and create more drama. Free from any bad history being attached to their name. Must be nice.

As far as points, No shame here: 14 TOTAL since I opened my account on 07/17/2012. Two ad posting violations, unnecessary rudeness (reversed), posting the contents of a PM and making an insulting remark. All have expired except the last one.

I'd love to know how someone gets banned for life and still comes back though. Information exchange and all.
Simple Jamie I was asked to come back after being banned. How dose someone who starts so much crap still get to be on here? So many questions to be answered huh?
I made one assumption when I made the first post I should make clear.

with over 100,000 handles, there is no way the staff has the time to search out banned members multiple handles etc. Especially in a large forum like Dallas. typically its not till they start breaking the rules or a member points them out that they get looked at.

So one of the main points of the post is how do we help the staff remove people from group 2 without infringing on the people in group 1? Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
I still think the banned handle thread assists in this area. It consists of Group 2, and if membership has information that can help mods identify them, then they can look at the list, see the offense, and send an email to staff.
Simple Jamie I was asked too. How dose someone who starts so much crap still get to be on here? So many questions to be answered huh? Originally Posted by Tara Evans
So you asked to be banned for life?? Or you were asked to be banned for life??

Or did you answer the question with the question: "How dose someone who starts so much crap still get to be on here?"
Isn't dose a forbidden topic ?
Tara, you are an exception that makes the rules. you have been banned many times. sometimes for life. but, you made your case to the staff, and you were allowed to come back. the point is your back as Tara not somebody else. you did not try to sneak back on with some other handle. anyone that cares can easily see much of your history on the board. whether you like her or not at least you know its her.

the ones I am more concerned about are those who were banned and continue to cause problems using different handles.. they were not allowed back on the board by the staff.

Lickher is an example of how the staff should not have handled this. he was found out by the staff that he was a banbed member. A staff member decided to give him another chance. but instead of making him use his old handle, they have continued to allow him to post under the handle he used that broke the rules to get back on here.

if he is worthy of a second chance why hide it? I do not know why he was banned before. but I think people deserve to know who they're dealing with when it comes to banned members who are allowed back.
I've got 5 points this yr for thread hijack. So peace I'm out on this one. Its Friday hey happy hour at Sherlocks. Lol
Agreed that Tara does come back as herself. We can all be thankful for that.
Isn't dose a forbidden topic ? Originally Posted by Happyjim63
To or too funny.
Agreed that Tara does come back as herself. We can all be thankful for that. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
And thankful your still same ole Hotnurse.:-)
Tara, you are an exception that makes the rules. you have been banned many times. sometimes for life. but, you made your case to the staff, and you were allowed to come back. the point is your back as Tara not somebody else. you did not try to sneak back on with some other handle. anyone that cares can easily see much of your history on the board. whether you like her or not at least you know its her.

the ones I am more concerned about are those who were banned and continue to cause problems using different handles.. they were not allowed back on the board by the staff.

Lickher is an example of how the staff should not have handled this. he was found out by the staff that he was a banbed member. A staff member decided to give him another chance. but instead of making him use his old handle, they have continued to allow him to post under the handle he used that broke the rules to get back on here.

if he is worthy of a second chance why hide it? I do not know why he was banned before. but I think people deserve to know who they're dealing with when it comes to banned members who are allowed back. Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
Thank you Love!