Question on etiquette

you might not have asked anything weird or breached any etiquette rules by doing so,

but, based on what you posted....
I asked if she was offering any specials at this time. I even said that "I hate to ask, but I gotta..." and was thinking that I might consider a little longer visit if she was having that sort of special. I was fully willing to meet even if she said no, but that was the last I heard from her. Not even a yes or no.
(in another post) I tried to make light of the question.
(in another post) "She didn't list the Special fee amount?" Nope Originally Posted by texasm31
1) the way you phrased it could be what caused her to go silent.
i often say to folks who say something like "i hate to xxxx..." - "well, then dont!"

you could have said it in a much nicer way. like...
"i'm looking forward to meeting you. i did notice in your showcase/ad dated mm/dd that you have some specials. if they involve 1.5 hr or longer appts, i'd appreciate you letting me know what they are."

2) her going silent tells me she doesnt want to visit w/ you. doesnt matter her reason(s), i say just move on.
and if she still went silent after a nice request, then i'd still move on. as TheFlash8 posted "do you really want to go visit a provider that does that to you?"

on several occasions, after researching and then seeing an ad, i've emailed a well known provider about scheduling an appt [provided basic screening info] and gotten absolutely nothing in response (no questions about specials). i waited about a week or so, re-sent the note and still nothing. i moved on.

it happens, so be prepared for it. and dont get worked up.
but do learn from it.
then go meet someone else and have a deliteful time!!!
Luckily, Dallas is not a one horse town. Drop a note again later if you're still itching to see her. Sometimes persistence pays off when you caught her on a bad night.
I usually ask if the donation is the same as on their Web site/ad/etc. I started that because some providers, not many, can have different rates, but it's useful if you want to know about specials. My guess is that wording is the key. Nobody likes to get marked down. And think how you'd feel if once you told them your handle, they marked you UP!
Maybe I should have mentioned taint?

. Originally Posted by Texasm31

It cannot hurt.