The Great ECCIE Chili Debate..

I am not big on adding corn in chili and I have never heard of adding noodles or serving it with noodles. That is a new one and I don't think I would enjoy it.
DallasRain when I am feeling lazy I don't mind just heating up some wolf chili and serving it with rice or making frito pie.
Hark, do you say it isn't chili because of the beans? HOw do you like it?
The question I ask is what is the line between Classic Chili and "something not Chili"?

If you add beans to Chateau Briand , is it still Chateau Briand?

If you add beans to Eggs Benedict , is it still Eggs Benedict.?

If you went to a restaurant and ordered Chateau Briand and/or Eggs Benedict and they had beans incorporated would that be OK?
Should one be required to specify NO BEANS when ordering Eggs Benedict.

You can put Beans in your eggs Benedict recipe but please don't call it eggs benedict.
I like my chili with my balls bouncing on your chin..!
The question I ask is what is the line between Classic Chili and "something not Chili"?

You can put Beans in your eggs Benedict recipe but please don't call it eggs benedict. Originally Posted by harkontume
However, I can put beans in my breakfast taco and it is still a breakfast taco.

What is the line between Classic Breakfast Taco and obviously not a breakfast taco? Probably the tortilla. You at least need a tortilla.

I think chili is more of a general concept rather than a specific recipe. That's why we have chili cook offs and not so many chateaubriand cook offs; to see who's version is the best!

So what is the line between Chili and not-chili? I'd say chili powder and a liquid base of some kind.
Lucy's Fried Chicken and Kerbey Lane are a few of my favorite places to get chili.
  • DMike
  • 05-02-2014, 12:36 PM
I like my chili with my balls bouncing on your chin..! Originally Posted by Okguy99