Would you have cancelled?

• Trey
  • 12-28-2012, 08:01 AM
Mikki,

I see your location is Bissonet and the Beltway, the client should have known that is was all black and really should have been shocked that there was a white girl over there. Originally Posted by golfdude
Mostly blacks, Mexicans, trannys in that area. He wasn't looking for a white chick anyway no need to be shocked.
If he didn't feel comfortable with something about your location or the people nearby he had every right to cancel...

If you out called to his location and there was LE hanging out next door you probably would have cancelled too.

Just saying...
It is racist to just assume that black people are going to rob you. But on the other hand you are statistically much much more likely to get robbed by a black person if you are in an area with let us say 50% black, 50% non black.

Black Americans have to live with this and it is not pretty. Their chances of being robbed or killed by another black are very high. I know there are all sorts of reasons for this high crime rate, but if the black community will not handle it, then no one can do it for them.

That being said, I would not be frightened of entering an area with a lot of Black people, but I would be frightened of any area if it was run down.
I guess my question is about the missing details in this story...

Were these black dudes wearing khakis and drinking coffee or were these black dudes wearing saggy jeans passing a "sweet" back in forth?

I don't think what happened really had much to do with race, obviously this guy didnt feel safe in his surroundings and isn't feeling safe in this hobby a priority?
The hobby is all about the perception or perhaps illusion of safety on everyone's parts. If he felt uncomfortable then he felt uncomfortable. It doesn't matter if the reason is actually grounded in reality. He made the choice he felt was best for him at the time.

Here we go....

Here we go.... Originally Posted by DickEmDown

No shit..........
Mikki,

I see your location is Bissonet and the Beltway, the client should have known that is was all black and really should have been shocked that there was a white girl over there. Originally Posted by golfdude
Do you just have Black neighbors or is this a majority Black area?

I'll be the first to admit that when I hear of a white girl living in a majority Black area in my city I always think that something is wrong with her (crazy, excon, recovering addict, current addict, black cock addict, poor). This may not be the case but it is the stereotype that most people believe.
I did not even see my neighbors outside. When the bozo came by he probably saw a black neighbor unloading his groceries from his car. You know. Normal stuff that people do.

Its also the holidays and some of my neighbors have family visiting. Are they now supposed to go outside? Are they supposed to stay hidden from the world because a white person gets uncomfortable with their presence.

Lots of people go outside their homes. No crime in that.

I have always had black neighbors. I have lived in the Fort Bend, Galleria, Alief, Spring Branch, Montrose and now Sharpstown. If there is an area in Houston that is only white then they are probably discriminating against black applicants and I have no interest in living there anyway.

I guess my question is about the missing details in this story...

Were these black dudes wearing khakis and drinking coffee or were these black dudes wearing saggy jeans passing a "sweet" back in forth?

I don't think what happened really had much to do with race, obviously this guy didnt feel safe in his surroundings and isn't feeling safe in this hobby a priority? Originally Posted by badbowtie
If there is an area in Houston that is only white then they are probably discriminating against black applicants Originally Posted by mikki
Or they don't take Section 8.
Why do you feel so comfortable living in Black areas? I couldn't wait to move the hell away!
When I was looking for a new place I was specifically looking for areas where I would be the only Black on the block.
If he didn't feel comfortable with something about your location or the people nearby he had every right to cancel...

If you out called to his location and there was LE hanging out next door you probably would have cancelled too.

Just saying... Originally Posted by badbowtie
This is interesting. We providers get slaughtered when we back out of something last minute like this due to not feeling comfortable with things.
I have long believed that part of our problem with resolving race issues in America is our inability to accurately name what we are. Aside from the occasional Johnny and Edgar Winter, there are no white people. Any child with a box of crayons can tell you that white people are, in fact, beige. The sickly ones are gray. Following this crayon logic, one can easily see that there are really no black people. They are brown. Or perhaps raw umber. Or maybe burnt sienna.

Frankly, every time I hear someone comment on America's first black president, I can't help thinking, "No, he's not. He's more like caramel." Which is why I think we should all get in the habit of calling each other what we really are. How can you racially slur a man by calling him "beigey" or "umber?" The answer is you can't. Because that's exactly what he is. The melanin doesn't lie. Buy a box of Crayolas and see for yourself.
Aris Rose--It is not a matter of being comfortable in a black area, it is a matter of being comfortable in this area. Are you really that stupid? Do you think that only black people are on Section 8. I am sure the black area that you moved away was happy to see you go too. Lady you don't sound like any prize yourself.

When I was looking for a place I wanted a place that was in my price range, in the city and took big dogs ( I have a pitbull). I also wanted to find a place that would work with someone with a bad rental history.

When I viewed this property, I felt comfortable with the people and the property itself. They were nice to me so I am nice to them. I was not going to shun them because they are black. And by they way I am not white I am Hispanic.

I also do have a some white neighbors living on the property and they are not bothered by having black neighbors either. You missed out on some great poboy sandwiches. The cook was white and he was sharing with his neighbors and yes some of them were black too.

You miss out on meeting some great people if you got a problem with the color of their skin. The lady that takes me to church is black and the church I go to happens to be mostly black. It was the warmth and the kindness of the people that made me want to stay. It had nothing to do with being comfortable with black people.

I am comfortable with kind people. That is normal and a no brainer.
This is interesting. We providers get slaughtered when we back out of something last minute like this due to not feeling comfortable with things. Originally Posted by KatieKatieNYC
Not by me... If something doesn't seem right or your spidey senses tingle I won't hold it against a provider for aborting the mission. Better to be safe than sorry and live to nut another day!
First, let me preface things by saying I am not racist. However, I’m also not politically correct, nor do I sugar coat things. I live in the Orange TX. area, and most times when I come to Houston to see a provider, I may have a general idea of the area, but I don’t know Houston well enough to know whether or not the address is in a high crime area. That being said, here are some of my thoughts.
When I go visit a provider that turns out to live in an upscale neighborhood, and I see a couple of black people around her condo, naturally I don’t have any issues with seeing her. However, on a couple of occasions when I have arrived at the location, the parking lot is full of thugs everywhere I look. I’m not too concerned about my personal safety, I’m the sort of guy that just about never gets fucked with even in the worse neighborhoods, but yeah, I am concerned about my vehicle. I do recall seeing one provider where I spent most of the entire hour wondering if my window was going to be knocked out or if my vehicle would even be there when I was through. Not only that, you have to wonder how many of your neighbors might have an idea of what you do for a living? The last thing you want a bunch of thugs to know is that once you enter the provider’s apartment, they know you are going to be completely distracted for an hour. Bottom line is, a provider should try their best to have their incall located in a neighborhood where a typical client feels reasonably comfortable.
Busty Amy said, “Maybe he didn't have insurance??? Either way, some guys are asses and think they are superior!” Amy, I’m single and I have insurance, this makes no difference to me. Even with insurance, I don’t want to take a few thousand dollar hit if my vehicle gets stolen or broken into. Also, think about your married clients or clients with S.O.’s. Think they want to explain too their S.O. what they were doing in a ghetto during their lunch hour.
Bottom line is, if possible, you want an incall where the client can spend an hour thinking about pussy instead of WTF is going on with his vehicle for an hour.
Whether you like it or not, your neighborhood could be a deal breaker. And not every client will tell you this. He may get to your neighborhood, not feel comfortable, and turn out to be one of your “no show, no call” clients.