Amazon plane crash Houston

Well fuck me running.....I knew that Hurley cap and pair of Nike’s should’ve been here by now.....incompetent pilots...fml.... Originally Posted by Russ38

Dammit man!
I guess they let Alexa drive.
Never get on a plane that does not have a stewards
because the pilots are beginners or dregs from the bottom of the barrel

If they survive to get a couple of thousand hours of flight time then they move on to larger planes
Which is the 2nd Boeing 737 MAX 8 to crash in past 8 months.

The first one was a Lion Air Indonesian airliner.

From an article I've found on the net:

That 737 MAX 8 is also used by U.S. Airliners for short and middle range flights.

They are on Southwest, American, United fleet.

May have to start paying attention to what airplane is assigned to the flight you are reserving and if you see it being a 737, to find a different flight. Originally Posted by CG2014
These airline fleets have many model variations of the 737 not just the max8.
These airline fleets have many model variations of the 737 not just the max8. Originally Posted by bb1961
Yep, just looking at the major US fleets, the Max accounts for less than 10% of the total 737s in service. They'll mostly be used on longer flights since that's what they were designed for.

The 737 has been around a long time and has been pretty damn dependable. In this case the old adage that two is a coincidence but three is a trend might be applicable. That said, if I was hopping a plane to LA or Seattle and saw it was a Max I might be looking to change my flight.
Yep, just looking at the major US fleets, the Max accounts for less than 10% of the total 737s in service. They'll mostly be used on longer flights since that's what they were designed for.

The 737 has been around a long time and has been pretty damn dependable. In this case the old adage that two is a coincidence but three is a trend might be applicable. That said, if I was hopping a plane to LA or Seattle and saw it was a Max I might be looking to change my flight. Originally Posted by boardman
During the 70's if you were taking a domestic flight and you didn't want the 727 most likely you would be fucked..they did have DC-9's and 737's but the 727 dominated.
If this was a retail consumer product (such as the Firestone tires), it would be finished. No one would use it.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ppears-n982386

By Associated Press
DALLAS — A Boeing 767 appears to have hit turbulence a minute before it dropped into a rapid descent and smashed into a Texas bay in February, killing all three people aboard.
The National Transportation Safety Board says "small vertical accelerations" suggest Atlas Air Flight 3591 entered turbulence soon after the pilots had descended to avoid a band of precipitation as they approached a Houston airport.
Seconds after leveling off around 6,200 feet, the cargo plane's engines surged to "maximum thrust" and it briefly pointed its nose 4 degrees up, according to flight data. The jet then rapidly swung to point 49 degrees downward and began its drop toward the muddy bay.
The NTSB does not give a reason for this sharp change in pitch, but says the plane's stick shaker, which warns of an imminent engine stall, did not activate. That means it's unlikely the pilots pointed the nose down to avoid stalling.
The federal agency previously said cockpit audio suggests the pilots lost control while passing over Trinity Bay, about 40 miles east of George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
As the plane dropped, the agency says, it accelerated to 495 mph and gradually pulled up to a 20-degree descent...
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ppears-n982386

By Associated Press
DALLAS — A Boeing 767 appears to have hit turbulence a minute before it dropped into a rapid descent and smashed into a Texas bay in February, killing all three people aboard.
The National Transportation Safety Board says "small vertical accelerations" suggest Atlas Air Flight 3591 entered turbulence soon after the pilots had descended to avoid a band of precipitation as they approached a Houston airport.
Seconds after leveling off around 6,200 feet, the cargo plane's engines surged to "maximum thrust" and it briefly pointed its nose 4 degrees up, according to flight data. The jet then rapidly swung to point 49 degrees downward and began its drop toward the muddy bay.
The NTSB does not give a reason for this sharp change in pitch, but says the plane's stick shaker, which warns of an imminent engine stall, did not activate. That means it's unlikely the pilots pointed the nose down to avoid stalling.
The federal agency previously said cockpit audio suggests the pilots lost control while passing over Trinity Bay, about 40 miles east of George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
As the plane dropped, the agency says, it accelerated to 495 mph and gradually pulled up to a 20-degree descent... Originally Posted by boardman
A 767 in 1990 accidentally deployed a thrust reverser in flight causing it to yaw and nose dive roll over and crash.