Verizon iPhone....

RE: Verizon’s Android based phones – Motorola’s are good. HTC = Junk! Samsung and LG – unknown. Samsung has a decent rep. LG – their TVs aren’t so hot, so why risk it? Any feedback appreciated. Thinking of finally ditching AT&T.
Consider this though... I do have AT&T in Buffalo and it works just fine for me... When Verizon does put their I phone out, It will be operating on a Different Cell platform than the Iphone is actually designed to be used on... Because of this, you will be losing some functionality of the phone, most of multitasking, and some internet connectivity options will be greatly limited as well...

Heres a link to help you distinguish the diffferences a bit more...
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-...m-and-cdma.htm
I got a Droid II on Verizon about 2 months ago its hands down better then my old Blackberry's as far as AT&T there coverage in my part of town Gates is not as good as Verizon
http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/13/tech..._two/index.htm
Brooke this may affect your decision as well.
  • GP
  • 01-14-2011, 02:23 PM
GO DROID! Droid rocks!
Windows...Android...Blackberry ...iOS...WebOS...they'll all get the job done. However, nobody can hang with Apple when it comes to designing hardware. The retina display is amazing. Top quality! You will not be disappointed if you buy an iPhone. However, wait a few more months. iPhone 5 will probably be out in June if they stick to their normal release schedule.
nobody can hang with Apple when it comes to designing hardware. Originally Posted by Chodaboy
One would think that the fact that all their computers are now Intel based would put that lie to rest.
What does the name brand of the processor they put in their computers have anything to do with the "design" and quality of the hardware of their cell phones? What is the lie? Just asking...
The fact that they badmouth PCs when their own computers are in fact PCs is the lie. And their "design" is just out of the box pacific rim components put in pretty little boxes driven by market forces that eminate from teenage girls and suburban trophy brides. Proving once again that no one ever lost a dime underestimating the taste of the American public.
When Apple was Apple they used more USA made IBM HD's than IBM. IBM only used IBM drives in top end PC's and severs. Apple now uses the same HD's as every other PC still being made.

and to topic, I just want to call a few providers. I will keep my current cell phone. just make sure I wash my hands.

and to topic, I just want to call a few providers. I will keep my current cell phone. just make sure I wash my hands. Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
Sounds like a good idea to me as well I think the lady will be thankful that you washed also!! Especially if she finds out what happened to the phone haha

As for my decision, I am going to go with At&T and get the generation 5 iPhone when its out... VZW customer service sucks and they always give you the run around with their "like new" phones! It's too bad, because when I first switched to VZW, I loved it! You called and talked to a competent person who knew their job. Lately you get the run around. I am now the caller that when they pick up I ask isntantly for their supervisor. Seems like they are the only ones that REALLY know their job and how to handle the customer
Did he just call me a teenage girl? Lol. Good stuff and legitimate points. Unfortunately I don't care where the parts come from or who assembles them because I know it isn't in this country. Tell me the name of a phone manufactured in America and I'll buy it!

As far as the Mac vs PC debate goes, we might as well debate evolution vs creation. Nobody will ever convince the other either way. So, I won't try. At least not on this site.
I don't care where the parts come from or who assembles them because I know it isn't in this country. Originally Posted by Chodaboy
There was a recent post on this topic: http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=146198
Mac all the way!
Advantage AT&T with the Iphone is that you can surf the web while on a call. That functionality will not be available on VZW.

It sucks about the customer service, but VZW wireless has a decent footprint in the Rochester area with a few centers, so I try to support the local economy. Do business with people who do business with you! Originally Posted by youngprof1978
How many people really talk and surf? Not many.

VZW's 4G is live and running well in Rochester. Even the next iPhone probably wont have 4G. Check out the Motorola Bionic or HTC Thunderbolt that Verizon has coming soon.. they look awesome. People demand the iPhone and they're getting it but in terms of tech its already old.