Music for Hobbying

Nice list BDS...I like the variety!
I love 80's rock!
my close to the end......... The tide is high.... by Blonde

yes, suggestive, unashamitively
I like smooth music like John Mayer or Norah Jones.

If I'm feeling edgy and kinky I'll play Peaches song "Downtown." Nice and nasty!
I'm a mood-based music lover and since most fellas say "I like it all" when asked for a pref, I usually try to go w/ something that seems to fit the vibe from our correspondence. My personal prefs for mood music:

Poe - love all of her songs! "I'm Not a Virgin Anymore" usually gets a chuckle
Joni Mitchell
Portishead
Steely Dan
Prince
3rd Eye Blind - cuz I have a "Semi-charmed Kinda Life... baby, baby!"
Aerosmith
TOOL
Fleetwood Mac
Al Greene
Marvin Gaye
Barry White
Hooverphonics - New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular! Awesome!
Beck is fun...
Joydrop
even some Drum & Bass tunes on occasion...

I know there's more but there is so much music out there these days! Love it!
  • Mokoa
  • 02-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Some suggestions...

Great songs Kat!
So after posting this yesterday, I started playing around with some music....listening to different songs for a possible new play list.....and after hearing Etta James "At Last" ....now I can't get the image of playing that song to an opening dance at the beginning of an appointment out of my head......Strange the things music leads us to thinking about...
Im an Enigma kinda girl.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F9DxYhqmKw Originally Posted by Hottassamelia
im a mystery. lets get wrapped in each other
+1 On Enigma... Have many fond memories with Enigma playing on the background. We'll need to talk Amelia, I like the way you think, HA!
So after posting this yesterday, I started playing around with some music....listening to different songs for a possible new play list.....and after hearing Etta James "At Last" ....now I can't get the image of playing that song to an opening dance at the beginning of an appointment out of my head......Strange the things music leads us to thinking about... Originally Posted by DTorchia

Oh I just love that song!!!
Some suggestions...

Originally Posted by Mokoa

Mokoa's absolutely right on all of these. One that I would add would be the Erotic Moods CD.
Good choices Amelia & DTorchia! Many have remade "At Last" but few can duplicate the seductive quality Etta gives the song. Even my girl, Christina Aguilera, gets too flowery rather than letting the song stand on its' own merit.

BTW, have you heard about how I "hum" harmonies? *ahem*
Ahmmm, no I have not Kat, lol! Second to Etta James......I like Beyonce's version. She did a good job in the movie "Cadillac Records"..