New technology to keep COG happy...

• CJ7
  • 07-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Can anyone opine as to a good radar/laser detector and whether or not they really work?

Got nailed for a speeder recently and I would like to put an end to that shit. Originally Posted by ExNYer

yeah, they're called speed limit signs, proven to be 100% successful if you pay attention to them and your cars speedo ...
yeah, they're called speed limit signs, proven to be 100% successful if you pay attention to them and your cars speedo ... Originally Posted by CJ7
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

But, actually I asked for a radar detector and/or laser detector and, the last time I checked, a speed limit sign was neither.
This makes me want to have sex. Tempting to strip naked and push play on those videos again. I can already see it, needing that little extra something to prior to orgasm and mentioning this plate. Goodbye tickets in the mail!
Definitely in heaven right now. Originally Posted by PleasantSurprise
Uh, may I volunteer? It's my thread!

Can anyone opine as to a good radar/laser detector and whether or not they really work?

Got nailed for a speeder recently and I would like to put an end to that shit. Originally Posted by ExNYer
How about just letting up on the pedal a little bit, Besides it's cheaper too. Unless of course if you're incontinent go-ahead and get a radar detector, lol.

Jim
How about just letting up on the pedal a little bit, Besides it's cheaper too. Unless of course if you're incontinent go-ahead and get a radar detector, lol. Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
Sitll not going to help.

I don't normally speed and don't get a lot of tickets.

But nobody is perfect and if you drive a lot at night or on weekends when the roads are empty, you tend to go faster. Human nature.

More than anything else, the radar detector will serve as a reminder to check my speed and slow down if necessary every time it beeps.
did that cop try to collect a DNA sample?
did that cop try to collect a DNA sample? Originally Posted by JCM800
Heh. No.
  • CJ7
  • 07-03-2013, 09:58 AM
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

But, actually I asked for a radar detector and/or laser detector and, the last time I checked, a speed limit sign was neither. Originally Posted by ExNYer
lmao ...

last time I checked paying attention to your speed is the best radar detector on the market
lmao ...

last time I checked paying attention to your speed is the best radar detector on the market Originally Posted by CJ7
Uh, no. That comment makes no sense.

Only a radar detector detects radar. All that other stuff is wise advices to avoid speeding in the first place.

But, I'm not looking for blindingly obvious advice.

Since everyone makes mistakes, I would like an ACTUAL radar detector that will beep and alert me, thereby keeping me from going to fast.

The point is to take the human element out of the equation as much as possible and use technology to both help avoid tickets and to remind me to check speed.
  • CJ7
  • 07-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Uh, no. That comment makes no sense.

Only a radar detector detects radar. All that other stuff is wise advices to avoid speeding in the first place.

But, I'm not looking for blindingly obvious advice.

Since everyone makes mistakes, I would like an ACTUAL radar detector that will beep and alert me, thereby keeping me from going to fast.

The point is to take the human element out of the equation as much as possible and use technology to both help avoid tickets and to remind me to check speed. Originally Posted by ExNYer
only the radar in YOUR head -kinda- radar can detect speed limit signs

maybe you do need a sophisticated device on second thought
only the radar in YOUR head -kinda- radar can detect speed limit signs

maybe you do need a sophisticated device on second thought Originally Posted by CJ7
Look, if you have nothing intelligent to contribute in the way of suggesting an actual radar detector, it's OK.

We understand. We forgive.

You don't have to pretend you know something, like Whirly.

Or keep obsessively responding, like IBHankering the Tranny Fucker.

That's bad company to keep.
  • CJ7
  • 07-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Look, if you have nothing intelligent to contribute in the way of suggesting an actual radar detector, it's OK.

We understand. We forgive.

You don't have to pretend you know something, like Whirly.

Or keep obsessively responding, like IBHankering the Tranny Fucker.

That's bad company to keep. Originally Posted by ExNYer

geeze lighten up.

Obviously I picked the wrong sense of humor to respond to
Sitll not going to help.

I don't normally speed and don't get a lot of tickets.

But nobody is perfect and if you drive a lot at night or on weekends when the roads are empty, you tend to go faster. Human nature.

More than anything else, the radar detector will serve as a reminder to check my speed and slow down if necessary every time it beeps. Originally Posted by ExNYer

Could use cruse control ..LOL
  • CJ7
  • 07-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Could use cruse control ..LOL Originally Posted by i'va biggen

nope, need a radar detector !

• CJ7
  • 07-03-2013, 05:27 PM