Dysfunction Modern Liberal Democrats Continue to Screw Up California

Like Palin and her 'bridge to nowhere'? You palinized idiots. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Are you talking about the bridge project that Governor Sarah Palin CANCELLED you moron? That project was initiated before she became Governor. I don't know if you're stupid or just a hack liar.
Are you talking about the bridge project that Governor Sarah Palin CANCELLED you moron? That project was initiated before she became Governor. I don't know if you're stupid or just a hack liar. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Ole Woomby likes to cover ALL his bases, ( like he covers all the glory holes at the town's interstate truck stop ) so I'd say that the lying liberal is BOTH stupid AND a liar.
Why the fuck are we still letting the Chinese build anything important for us? They can't even do dog food safely.

All the cracked wells in the components were done by the Chinese company making some of the bridge parts. According to the article:

"Philip J. Stolarksi, a deputy chief for Caltrans’ Division of Engineering Services, agreed with Merrill. “For the Chinese, the weld standards were ‘suggestions,’ ” the report quoted Stolarski as saying."

Gotta love that. You tell them how to do it, then they just do it their way anyhow.

I thought the Dems in California were all in favor of American workers - especially unionized construction trades? What happened to all that rhetoric about fair wages and labor practices in other countries?

They went for cheap and got burned.
Originally Posted by ExNYer
The Chinese probably "bought" the contract by buying the politicians that were in power to decide who "won" the bid, just like they bought the plans and blue prints to our nuclear weapon's warhead design from Slick Willy and that Al "The Internet Inventor" Gore picked up the cash from said sale some years back at a California Buddhist Monastery out in Mexifornia.
The Chinese probably..... Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
I have a nail hammer made in China with a domed head on it.

It's great for breaking small rocks up.

They have to be laughing at the U.S. consumers .... all the way to the bank.
I don't know if you're stupid or just a hack liar. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
He's a stupid, hack liar.
  • DSK
  • 05-18-2015, 09:13 PM
You can do EXACTLY that. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Cannot!
ThUgs!
Like Palin and her 'bridge to nowhere'? You palinized idiots. Originally Posted by WombRaider
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/bridge-to-nowhere/

"Obama and Biden voted for the big transportation bill that contained it. "

"Biden and Obama vote for the $286.4 billion highway bill, with the Gravina bridge and the other projects included. McCain and only three others vote against it. "

"October 2005: Sen. Tom Coburn proposes an amendment to a bill making appropriations for transportation. The amendment would strip the earmarked funds from the Gravina and Knik Arm bridges and commit them to the rebuilding of the Twin Spans bridge in Louisiana, which was damaged by Hurricane Katrina. Obama and Biden vote against the amendment"

So did you mean like OBAMA and HIS "bridge to nowhere? You Obamaized idiot?

You make this stuff too easy wombatraper.

Care to try again with a bit more research next time?
Are you talking about the bridge project that Governor Sarah Palin CANCELLED you moron? That project was initiated before she became Governor. I don't know if you're stupid or just a hack liar. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
What I am, is a whole fuckload smarter than you, dipshit.

First, she was for the bridge:

While running for governor in September 2006, Palin assured the Ketchikan Chamber of Commerce she was all for the bridge.

This is when she was running for governor, before she'd ever heard the name, John McCain.

And a month later:

"And in a written questionnaire for the Anchorage Daily News the following month, October of 2006, Palin was asked directly, "Would you continue state funding for the proposed Knik Arm and Gravina Island bridges?"

Now, what do you think her answer was, JDJizzyNuts? Are you on the edge of your motherfucking seat? Let's just see what she said, shall we?

"Yes. I would like to see Alaska's infrastructure projects built sooner rather than later. The window is now — while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist."

OMYGOD, she said yes. She's obviously for the bridge at this point. I think we can all agree on that.

Now... she's elected governor and suddenly, she's not such a fan of the project anymore. It's a bad budget move, she says.

She even had the famous words on the campaign trail where she said she told Congress 'thanks, but no thanks' on that bridge to nowhere.

Only thing is, the bill the money was contained in, passed. Alaska got hundreds of millions of transportation dollars. They didn't build a bridge with it. They also didn't say no thanks, and give it back.

I've told you before and I'll say it again, the only thing I'm interested in is the truth. It was initiated before she became governor. She did cancel the project. But she did say she was for it while campaigning and Alaska did not return the money. All I want is the whole story, not your condensed version that is lite on all the facts of the matter.
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/bridge-to-nowhere/

"Obama and Biden voted for the big transportation bill that contained it. "

"Biden and Obama vote for the $286.4 billion highway bill, with the Gravina bridge and the other projects included. McCain and only three others vote against it. "

"October 2005: Sen. Tom Coburn proposes an amendment to a bill making appropriations for transportation. The amendment would strip the earmarked funds from the Gravina and Knik Arm bridges and commit them to the rebuilding of the Twin Spans bridge in Louisiana, which was damaged by Hurricane Katrina. Obama and Biden vote against the amendment"

So did you mean like OBAMA and HIS "bridge to nowhere? You Obamaized idiot?

You make this stuff too easy wombatraper.

Care to try again with a bit more research next time? Originally Posted by RedLeg505
Coburn's amendment was defeated 82-15, so obviously republicans also voted NO on it as well. Where is your indignation for the 80 other democrats AND republicans who vote nay on that bill?
I don't see the relevance.

If you go to Alaska, there is no bridge. It was never built.

That is a big difference in that and having a Bridge built, and then saying "OOPS, we might have some problems with inferior construction and inferior materials", especially when millions cross it very month. Originally Posted by Jackie S
The state still received the money. So it wasn't that they didn't want the money.
Coburn's amendment was defeated 82-15, so obviously republicans also voted NO on it as well. Where is your indignation for the 80 other democrats AND republicans who vote nay on that bill? Originally Posted by WombRaider
In case you didn't understand, the question is requesting your opinion on the votes of Senators Obama and Biden in favor of the bridge to nowhere.