car deals and providers? good or bad idea?

Well, this is the input I was looking for, I know many of you guys have had bad dealings with providers and would not recommend financing cars to them or any other provider. I'm thinking cash cars only, or with big down payments and 6mos payment plans where I won't loose out on the car. I don't think I'm ready to go all out and finance providers just yet. Anyway thanks for the input, it really puts it in prospective. Anyway the only reason I even thought of this is many of the providers I have seen have problems with the cars they have bought at other dealers or are in need of serious repairs and don't have the know how to find a good mechanic. Anyway thanks for the input.
Sounds like you might be better off teaching an auto care and how not to get ripped off at the car lot class for providers, as a community service. And yeah, what Samantha said to a point, but how many guys know or have "domestic" providers who don't know a muffler bearing from a metric crescent wrench? If wimmin don't know how to take care of a car that's somebody's fault and ought to be rectified.
Sounds like you might be better off teaching an auto care and how not to get ripped off at the car lot class for providers, as a community service. And yeah, what Samantha said to a point, but how many guys know or have "domestic" providers who don't know a muffler bearing from a metric crescent wrench? If wimmin don't know how to take care of a car that's somebody's fault and ought to be rectified. Originally Posted by phildo
Its crazy that you mentioned that.

I just had to change out my muffler bearing. And I had to use my metric crescent wrench to do it. My SAE crescent wouldn't roll around to the right size.
Its crazy that you mentioned that.

I just had to change out my muffler bearing. And I had to use my metric crescent wrench to do it. My SAE crescent wouldn't roll around to the right size. Originally Posted by threepeckeredbillygoat
LOL...that sounds like a rocket science to me. I wouldn't attend such class either....I'll just take my car to a professional...or buy a different car!. Hahaha!!
We need throw-away hobby cars. C'mon, Apple....
Some years ago back in Houston it was in the papers that a used car dealer was suing a provider for breach of contract because he had given her a car in exchange for services. She gave him a BJ every week for some months and then he gave her the title to the car on "good faith." After that she failed to deliver any more BJ's. The judge ruled the contract wasn't legal and hence was unenforceable.

Never get your milk at the same place you get your bread and butter.
I'm a provider and I say not only is it a bad idea, it's more like i a REALLY bad f*ck*ing idea.
Some years ago back in Houston it was in the papers that a used car dealer was suing a provider for breach of contract because he had given her a car in exchange for services. She gave him a BJ every week for some months and then he gave her the title to the car on "good faith." After that she failed to deliver any more BJ's. The judge ruled the contract wasn't legal and hence was unenforceable.

Never get your milk at the same place you get your bread and butter. Originally Posted by mark77070
Yea...I never barter anything in this business. I don't understand why some providers want to barter for photos, car repair, TV, etc, etc.
I want to pay for my photos, car, repair, washer dryer, laptop, or any services that I need. And I expect to get paid my rate for my services. It's only fair.
Well I never said anything about bartering services. Again thanks to all for the input .
The key words are "inexpensive" and "cash cars" I deal with tons of cash cars and this is mainly a cash business, so Im sure if you could match the right car with the right provider and the car is "inexpensive" then a cash deal wouldn't be bad at all. I'm sure there are a few providers out there who could benefit from getting a good "cash car" even if its a second form of transportation just for business purposes.
As a provider and talking to you before I would say only cash for the car and title in her name before she drives off with the keys. If she has credit where it can be financed it goes in her name and she is left to pay the note and everything that goes with owning a car. Having a car is nice but like with anything a person has to be responsible. The person getting the car from you has to understand it is their problem if it needs tires, oil changes, gas, insurance and etc with owning a car. Cash only or no car is the best bet for you.
i agree with truly passion, as long as its cash only i dont see it as a bad idea, but long term financing hell no. or if they want a car over 10k to avoid irs issues i would agree that they would have to pay a huge down payment under 10k and then pay off in under 6 months ...