GOP alternatives to ObamaCare

The fallacy is that Obamacare was needed. Why replace something that was not wanted or needed. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Fucking idiot.
Timmie you are such a lying little weasel. The GOP has put forth many alternatives but Obama didn't want to listen and Reid doesn't want to vote. Your own party is fucking you and more than allow it, you love it. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
OK, JDIdiot, it's LINK time.

Please show us your favorites of the "many alternatives" that Obama refused to consider. Links and cites.
Actually they have put forth 17 different proposals. I can't cite the source though. Originally Posted by LovingKayla
Then how do you know there were 17 different proposals, HK?
Hey I wanted to pop in on this and tell you guys that my experience so far with insurance in general is AWFUL. We are dealing with fucking cancer now and how the hell is a CT scan covered but a PET scan AT THE SAME HOSPITAL FROM THE SAME DOCTOR not covered? How does that even happen?

Here's the really messed up part. The PET scan is 6000 bucks. Our share would have been 1500 if it had been covered. They billed us like we had no insurance and it was 1200. W. T. F. ?

I mean it doesn't count against the deductible but who cares this late in the year.

I'm so frustrated and so mad at the entire system right now. I just want to save my family members life. That's it. I don't care what it takes, and the F@*king insurance companies KNOW that. .

It is my one sided opinion that the entire insurance debacle should be trashed and redone. I mean that for the current situation, not even obamacare.
Yssup, my apologies, I didn't see your question.

I was reading news like I always do and that number jumped out at me for some reason. But since I can't cite a source I understand reluctance in believing me. No problem. However, the RiNOs have actually really and truly out forth many and they have all been rejected. I thought everyone knew that?
  • CJ7
  • 11-20-2013, 10:43 AM
OK, JDIdiot, it's LINK time.

Please show us your favorites of the "many alternatives" that Obama refused to consider. Links and cites. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

he's got nothing ... only a slight vibration from the right, and that was after congress got busy shutting down the government .. wonder if the professor will find and post the link that says the right hasn't approached healthcare reform since 09 ... I did.
From Breibart, quoting CBS. I don't know how to copy the link in Safari on my iPad.

A fascinating number in Wednesday's CBS poll is that only 7% of the American public want ObamaCare "kept in place." A full 93% either believe that changes are needed to the law (48%) or want a full repeal (43%). This pits President Obama and Democrat lawmakers -- who thus far have refused to make any meaningful changes -- against 93% of the American people and 72% of Democrats.
Moreover, only 12% of Democrats want ObamaCare "kept as is." Another 12% want it repealed.
If only 12% of Democrats want nothing changed with ObamaCare, there is no question that Democrat lawmakers and the president are defying their own base with this ongoing refusal to make any real changes to the law. Furthermore, they are blocking proposed changes, including changes proposed by fellow Democrats.
The growing narrative from the media and ObamaCare champions is that Democrats need to "stay the course." Analyzing the Democrats' political options, ABC's Rick Klein writes today:
Lost in the Democratic angst over Obamacare is a simple fact of 2014 politics: They don’t really have any choice but to own it. … No quantity of votes on “fixes” now will matter in the broad messaging wars later; no lawmaker, and virtually no Democratic challenger, will be able to seal him or herself off from potential political damage.
Klein is not alone with this advice. But how exactly is that a smart play when 84% of Democrats disagree?
A fair question to ask is, "What kind of changes do Democrat voters want?" A poll released by ABC News yesterday showed that two-thirds of Americans oppose ObamaCare's individual mandate. There are definitely some Democrats in that group.
It is also safe to guess that a whole lot of Democrat voters would like to see laws passed that ensure people don’t lose the insurance Obama repeatedly promised they could keep. But those are legislative changes the president has threatened to veto and Democrat leaders refuse to even put to a vote.
As the 2014 midterms loom large late next year, ObamaCare is almost certain to have begun its rampage through the lives of the 95% of Americans who are insured through group and employer plans. The administration itself predicts that tens of millions will lose their insurance as the new employer mandate kicks in. For obvious reasons, the media is covering this fact up. But cover-ups can't stop reality from becoming reality.
By this time next year, "stay the course" is probably going to look like a suicide pact.

Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC

Nobody wants Obamacare anymore.
  • CJ7
  • 11-20-2013, 10:38 PM
From Breibart, quoting CBS. I don't know how to copy the link in Safari on my iPad.

A fascinating number in Wednesday's CBS poll is that only 7% of the American public want ObamaCare "kept in place." A full 93% either believe that changes are needed to the law (48%) or want a full repeal (43%). This pits President Obama and Democrat lawmakers -- who thus far have refused to make any meaningful changes -- against 93% of the American people and 72% of Democrats.
Moreover, only 12% of Democrats want ObamaCare "kept as is." Another 12% want it repealed.
If only 12% of Democrats want nothing changed with ObamaCare, there is no question that Democrat lawmakers and the president are defying their own base with this ongoing refusal to make any real changes to the law. Furthermore, they are blocking proposed changes, including changes proposed by fellow Democrats.
The growing narrative from the media and ObamaCare champions is that Democrats need to "stay the course." Analyzing the Democrats' political options, ABC's Rick Klein writes today:
Lost in the Democratic angst over Obamacare is a simple fact of 2014 politics: They don’t really have any choice but to own it. … No quantity of votes on “fixes” now will matter in the broad messaging wars later; no lawmaker, and virtually no Democratic challenger, will be able to seal him or herself off from potential political damage.
Klein is not alone with this advice. But how exactly is that a smart play when 84% of Democrats disagree?
A fair question to ask is, "What kind of changes do Democrat voters want?" A poll released by ABC News yesterday showed that two-thirds of Americans oppose ObamaCare's individual mandate. There are definitely some Democrats in that group.
It is also safe to guess that a whole lot of Democrat voters would like to see laws passed that ensure people don’t lose the insurance Obama repeatedly promised they could keep. But those are legislative changes the president has threatened to veto and Democrat leaders refuse to even put to a vote.
As the 2014 midterms loom large late next year, ObamaCare is almost certain to have begun its rampage through the lives of the 95% of Americans who are insured through group and employer plans. The administration itself predicts that tens of millions will lose their insurance as the new employer mandate kicks in. For obvious reasons, the media is covering this fact up. But cover-ups can't stop reality from becoming reality.
By this time next year, "stay the course" is probably going to look like a suicide pact.

Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC

Nobody wants Obamacare anymore. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Nobody wants Obamacare anymore .... you just lied

apparently 48% want to change the law .. your post not mine

unless of course 48% is nobody by your logic.
  • CJ7
  • 11-20-2013, 10:48 PM
A full 93% either believe that changes are needed to the law (48%) or want a full repeal (43%)

48+43 = a full 93 ... Beerfart cant add ... don't cha hate it when it's like that?

snort
That pesky math shit... really fucks up the facts, doesn't it?
  • CJ7
  • 11-20-2013, 11:07 PM
That pesky math shit... really fucks up the facts, doesn't it? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

didn't fuck up COF's lie
Hmmm . . . 93% say change it or drop it. The remaining 7% say leave it alone. Ok. Most people want it either changed or gone. The Obamatons here are all in the 7%. Only 7%.
Sorry Professor, but you're the liar. All of the "alternatives" came with conditions that were never going to be acceptable to the President or the Democratic controlled senate and the republicans knew that when they made the offers. The "alternatives" were thrown out there for purely political reasons....so idiot conservabots (like you) could make the argument that idiot conservabots (like you) are making right now. The GOP knew the shutdown was going to be a political disaster for them and their silly, meaningless "offers" were designed to allow them to be able to say "Oh, look. We offered a deal to avert the disaster we are creating and Obama wouldn't take it. So, the disaster is his fault."

It's idiotic and so are you. Anything else? Originally Posted by timpage
Oh, the standard is that it is acceptable to the democrats and the White House....but not good for the country. Timmie you just hung yourself but I bet you don't get it. Your standard is what is good for the democratic party and not what is good for the people and the country. You are a turd.