texting

Might I suggest you pick a personal attribute of a person that puts an image of them in you head, store that instead of their name, then you know who's texting if they are not a brand new client. It's what many of your fellow providers do.
I doubt that many people contacting you are going to read this thread.
Hi everyone, new to the hobby. Don't use my personal phone and they recently did an audit on my work phone which I used sparingly but it did make me nervous. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive phone to get for hobby use only.

Thanks in advance for any help. SammiieB Originally Posted by SammieB
This seems to come up about once a month. Recently:
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1279517
I really hate that! And I hate it even more when it's at 2am or 4am.
Also there are guys that have impersonated eccie and p411 members via text or phone in the past so i would require a pm to verify anyway.[/QUOTE]

The safest and quickest way to verify I have found:

1. Prescreen through P411, or PM's through this site. If they like my profile, referrals, etc..., the provider usually sends me a "Hey, this is ________. Can't wait to see you" type of text. I put her in contacts.

2. When I'm ready to set up a date, I send request through P411 and/or pm through ECCIE with date and time request with hobby phone number and handle. Then I send a "Hey Babe, it's Muscleup. I can't to see you. I'm sooo excited to meet you finally" type message. I usually give 24 to 48 hour window of time between request and date time.

3. Then wait to see if provider responds. Once response is received, plans are made accordingly. If no response say within 24 hours, I go to next on the "to do" list or see if a regular is available. The NR goes back to the bottom of "to do" list.
Texting should be used to confirm appointment times and give directions. Should not be an alternative to messaging on here or P411. Mainly because you don't know what the provider is doing at the time. She could be with her SO, kids, etc. and doesn't want her phone constantly going off in front of those people....sending a message through Eccie first respects her time. As we all know, providers have lives outside of the hobby.
I really hate that! And I hate it even more when it's at 2am or 4am. Originally Posted by Slim.
You sure those aren't your normal non-hobby booty calls?
2-4am are your typical just left the club/bar and need some booty.

Google voice! You can turn it off at night and turn it on in the morning.
I can't tell you how many times a provider has asked me to text her my handle. I understand her need for security, but I have rules, as well. I never text my handle or pm my phone number. During our correspondence, she should easily be able to make the connection. But she will have to be willing to use her pm box. I can get into my mail on my phone; is there some reason providers are not comfortable with pm's?
Texting should be used to confirm appointment times and give directions. Should not be an alternative to messaging on here or P411. Mainly because you don't know what the provider is doing at the time. She could be with her SO, kids, etc. and doesn't want her phone constantly going off in front of those people....sending a message through Eccie first respects her time. As we all know, providers have lives outside of the hobby. Originally Posted by Slim.
You are aware of the switch to turn off sound on your phone?
I always PM first then call, never text, it's too dangerous while driving and too easy to for others to see. Unless someone is taping the conversation, when it's done it's gone, not so with texts, even erased ones from what I understand.
I'm all for pming but I don't seem to be able to get providers to respond or even acknowledge my messages. I'm also wondering if the messaging service is a little buggy, as one pm I sent this week shows up in my sent folder but didn't generate either a confirm or unconfirmed pm receipt. I've tried texting and gotten no replies. The only time I've gotten through to a provider is by calling, but it seems like a lot of them don't answer their phones (at least not today) even when their eccie profile says they are online. I'm pretty new to the hobby so maybe I'm doing something wrong, but so far this has been more frustrating than dating.
You are aware of the switch to turn off sound on your phone? Originally Posted by rockerrick
gee whiz, I haven't thought of that! Actually, I do turn the sound off on my phone when I am with my family or am just not up for taking dates.
Then whatcha bitchin' bout?
Don't worry one day it'll eventually stop ringing.
Not bitchin'. Just saying.
I just love it when someone gets offended when I text back May I ask whose number this is? Sometimes I don't get a response at all or "well never mind if you don't remember me"
Lol but most guys are cool about it and some are pleasantly surprised when I do know who they are.
I just love it when someone gets offended when I text back May I ask whose number this is? Sometimes I don't get a response at all or "well never mind if you don't remember me"
Lol but most guys are cool about it and some are pleasantly surprised when I do know who they are. Originally Posted by Raquel de Milo

I laugh when I hear about this shit, it's like people think think this shit is match for com or something.
I've gotten plenty of hey come see met text so I prefer it if they don't remember my number sometimes.