It's possibly not racist Mayor Eric Adams, but it danged sure ain't brilliant either

It seems our left leaning “Biden Buddies” will defend a Democrat to any length.

“Blame the messenger” seems to be in play.
This entire thread appears slightly racist to me. Originally Posted by txdot-guy
Seems to be a pattern with some posters.

At least he isn’t speaking the vernacular…

“Blame the messenger” seems to be in play. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Jackie you're a Trump guy, you defended Adams. You posted that he was using deductive reasoning. If you swim across the "Rio Grande" river to get across the border you must be able to swim well. There are guys on here who think that someone who looks like Adams can't use deductive reasoning, they don't have enough synapses in the brain.
According to the Mayor of NYC, they are here illegally and are great swimmers. That's pretty much all he said at the time. To me, that sounds extremely racist and stereotyping and a few other things. But ya know, NYC voted for it, so I guess the whole of NYC is racist by your measure. So your saying it is, pretty much confirms that he is. But in my book, I think he's just a moron who doesn't know any better and does't have the sense to give a hoot. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do

You don't even know know if he was referring to illegal immigrants. It's in the opening. C'mon! Please.

And what does that make someone who starts a thread about it? Originally Posted by txdot-guy
The racist. Duh.

“Blame the messenger” seems to be in play. Originally Posted by Jackie S

You have it wrong. You want want it to seem that way. Typical.
Will work for Visa (green card).

I'm with Tiny. There is no way to know who "they" are that are not given the right to work. Unless the OP is racist, it's only what you see.

That's what you get. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
Yeah, He'll carve him up real nice for a Green Card, lol.
The only practical way I can see the Biden Butt Buddy sycophants saying it is not racist is by acknowledging that illegals from 164 countries, out of the total of 194 countries, are swimming across the Rio Grande. Ironically, that also is true.

The Biden irony: When you gots you a pig in a poke, you gots you one poked pig.
Jackie you're a Trump guy, you defended Adams. You posted that he was using deductive reasoning. If you swim across the "Rio Grande" river to get across the border you must be able to swim well. There are guys on here who think that someone who looks like Adams can't use deductive reasoning, they don't have enough synapses in the brain. Originally Posted by adav8s28
Neither the OP nor even Mayor Adams said nutt'n about the Rio Grande river or even the Southern boarder. I'll give you best out of three guesses who said "Rio Grande" first. Yet some one of those three guesses deduced that Mayor Adams' Sherlock Holmes like reasoning concluded as such.

Well... It's possibly not racist, but it danged sure ain't brilliant either.
Neither the OP nor even Mayor Adams said nutt'n about the Rio Grande river or even the Southern boarder. I'll give you best out of three guesses who said "Rio Grande" first. Yet some one of those three guesses deduced that Mayor Adams' Sherlock Holmes like reasoning concluded as such.

Well... It's possibly not racist, but it danged sure ain't brilliant either. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
I would be willing to say that taken as it is without any other context it’s just a little bit racist. However the Mayor is not wrong. Putting these people to work is better than leaving them to live off the dole. Given the aging of our population and the need for more workers leaving a large labor force out of the economy doesn’t seem to be the brightest idea.
I would be willing to say that taken as it is without any other context it’s just a little bit racist. However the Mayor is not wrong. Putting these people to work is better than leaving them to live off the dole. Given the aging of our population and the need for more workers leaving a large labor force out of the economy doesn’t seem to be the brightest idea. Originally Posted by txdot-guy
That sounds a lot like The Roman Empire somewhere around 500 AD.
  • Tiny
  • 05-17-2024, 08:47 PM
I'm with Tiny. There is no way to know who "they" are that are not given the right to work. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
Eccieuser, What some of our fellow board members fail to appreciate is what the effect on the U.S. economy would be of depriving all illegal immigrants of jobs. They're 5% of the labor force. Given we're at full employment, we'd have labor shortages. Things wouldn't get done. There would be upward pressure on prices, especially if combined with the higher tariffs that Trump's proposing to impose.

I would strongly prefer a guest worker program to what we have now. Make legals out of illegals, without bestowing citizenship on them. Give people from Cuba and Venezuela long term visas, and hopefully in 10 years or so their countries won't be so fucked up. My belief from extensive conversations with Cuban strippers is that they'd just as soon or rather live in Havana as the U.S., if they had money, and if Cuba weren't currently undergoing extreme economic hardship. I imagine many would like to make money in the USA and retire back to their countries.

Guest worker programs have worked out well for places like the United Arab Emirates and Singapore. It's been a win-win for those countries and the Indians and others that work there. It would work here too.

And it's not just the economy. What would Un Dia sin Mexicanos be like? Well, there's a movie about that and it's not pretty. It's kind of like War of the Worlds, only it doesn't have a happy ending:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYJcfhxMkrQ
Eccieuser, What some of our fellow board members fail to appreciate is what the effect on the U.S. economy would be of depriving all illegal immigrants of jobs. They're 5% of the labor force. Given we're at full employment, we'd have labor shortages. Things wouldn't get done. There would be upward pressure on prices, especially if combined with the higher tariffs that Trump's proposing to impose.

I would strongly prefer a guest worker program to what we have now. Make legals out of illegals, without bestowing citizenship on them. Give people from Cuba and Venezuela long term visas, and hopefully in 10 years or so their countries won't be so fucked up. My belief from extensive conversations with Cuban strippers is that they'd just as soon or rather live in Havana as the U.S., if they had money, and if Cuba weren't currently undergoing extreme economic hardship. I imagine many would like to make money in the USA and retire back to their countries.

Guest worker programs have worked out well for places like the United Arab Emirates and Singapore. It's been a win-win for those countries and the Indians and others that work there. It would work here too.

And it's not just the economy. What would Un Dia sin Mexicanos be like? Well, there's a movie about that and it's not pretty. It's kind of like War of the Worlds, only it doesn't have a happy ending:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYJcfhxMkrQ Originally Posted by Tiny

Thank you. And here's one for you, sir. Sometimes we agree. Other's we clash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYJcfhxMkrQ?si=jsulDjgcLFPOl2V Z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRZhrty37U4?si=gIlVwPMRHemjYGU q