Anyone have the over/under on another Hostage situation in A-stan?

I saw a mention in news clips this AM that there were ~10,000 US Citizens at the Kabul Airport yesterday.

Chung - I think you underestimate the bargaining power that 1000's of US citizens would give the Taliban... especially with Joey Puddins and his not ready for primetime cabinet. Shit we will be paying them for decades..
I saw a mention in news clips this AM that there were ~10,000 US Citizens at the Kabul Airport yesterday.

Chung - I think you underestimate the bargaining power that 1000's of US citizens would give the Taliban... especially with Joey Puddins and his not ready for primetime cabinet. Shit we will be paying them for decades.. Originally Posted by texassapper
I don't know how they got to the airport. It has been surrounded.

The report I heard was the Taliban are rounding them up in "house-to-house" operations ... along with the Afghans who have assisted the U.S. military and contractors over the years.

That was done in Vietnam and Korea. The U.S. government knew who they are and turned their back on them. Some made it out alive, most didn't. The ones who got out only had the clothes on their backs.
We gonna have to shoot are way out so 50/50 ,,,, in that its worst then Saigon Hmm Pudden had no plan
Joe Bunker had a plan. It just wasn't good or not followed. So he went with the backup plan: Blame Trump.

Again, I'm not seeing these 5000 US troops nor am I seeing actual air traffic at the Kabul airport.

Have all our US air bases in Afghan been abandoned?

We have a problem with our govt. It appears its being operated by a bunch of gender studies graduates. Even the senior democrats appear tired of it.
Joe Bunker had a plan. It just wasn't good or not followed. So he went with the backup plan: Blame Trump.

Again, I'm not seeing these 5000 US troops nor am I seeing actual air traffic at the Kabul airport.

Have all our US air bases in Afghan been abandoned?

We have a problem with our govt. It appears its being operated by a bunch of gender studies graduates. Even the senior democrats appear tired of it. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Yup Kabul was the only fixed wing runway we had under our control...with its single strip... Heh talk about planning to fail...
It is being reported this morning that the Taliban are going "house-to-house" searching for U.S. citizens and those Afghans who assisted the U.S. Bitten/Kumola are going to let them die and do nothing about it. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I'm not buying the "it is being reported" nonsense.

Got links to actual new reports?

Got links to actual new reports? Originally Posted by pfunkdenver
Saw screen caps of conversations between terps and former officers trying to get them stateside reporting the same. Don't care if you believe it, I'm not going to fo find them again just for your edification. You'll either be proven right or wrong in the coming days and weeks.
Saw screen caps of conversations between terps and former officers trying to get them stateside reporting the same. Don't care if you believe it, I'm not going to fo find them again just for your edification. You'll either be proven right or wrong in the coming days and weeks. Originally Posted by texassapper
So...you could have just made it all up?

You expect us to trust you?
Let me get this straight , We ( puddens) knew it was a bad plan ( blame on Big T ) but for 6 months we did nothing , Then we Pulled the plug overnight ( and its the Intell bad) . And of couse the agfeans fault
At lease Biggie T s plan was to evac non-combatants first not after the fall ???????

And we believe this narrative
So...you could have just made it all up?
You expect us to trust you? Originally Posted by pfunkdenver
You're short on reading comprehension aren't you? IDGAF if you believe me or not... EXACTLY as I wrote. I'm not in the habit of making shit up. If you want independent verification, go look online and you can see them just as I did.

Regardless, what I wrote will be borne out over the next few days and weeks and likely even months. Then you'll have verification that I'm not lying. But it won't matter at that point because you'll have moved on to disbelieving other truths.
Y'all assume much blood shedding is imminent, with hostages, but so far? Nothing. Why kill and take hostages? Trump, Biden, and Ghani all said ''here you go, take it (Afghanistan)''. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
If you say so!!!!!

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...iban?_amp=true

Nothing to see here!!!!!
  • oeb11
  • 08-18-2021, 09:44 AM
You're short on reading comprehension aren't you? IDGAF if you believe me or not... EXACTLY as I wrote. I'm not in the habit of making shit up. If you want independent verification, go look online and you can see them just as I did.

Regardless, what I wrote will be borne out over the next few days and weeks and likely even months. Then you'll have verification that I'm not lying. But it won't matter at that point because you'll have moved on to disbelieving other truths. Originally Posted by texassapper

ta - teh communist DPSTs live on altering posts and posting Lies.

Don't let them get your BP up - it is their purpose with their Lies and Distortions .

Facts - Truth - History- Integrity - honesty - all discarded concepts for the Communist revolution and marxist idology in the indoctrinated DPST minions minds.

Got links to actual new reports? Originally Posted by pfunkdenver
I'm at least skeptical. There will naturally be wild inflated tales during crisis situations like this one. Trump made some good points on Hannity last night, but he ultimately collapsed into extreme narcissism and hyperbole, as is his usual.

Why not bring our Troops to the ''checkpoints'', to ensure the Taliban doesn't block legitimate folks trying to leave? Engage them with fire, if the Taliban resists?
  • oeb11
  • 08-18-2021, 10:03 AM
Well - CT - After all - your favored Taliban terrorist pets of eh Communist DPST party are above any and all reproach from teh Communist side of teh debate

Aren't they.
They would never behead, torture, burn alive, throw people off buildings, imprison women for appearing in public without male accompaniment, and certainly not let women vote, or go door to door to find Ameerican peoples or those who assisted America to execute against bloody walls.

you do love the communist manifesto and ideology and Lies of your LSM!

No - your taliban would never consider doing such a thing

And - after all - as you in your Trump hatred adn TDS point out - It is all Trump's Fault.

Groupthink and doublespeak.
Let me get this straight , We ( puddens) knew it was a bad plan ( blame on Big T ) but for 6 months we did nothing , Then we Pulled the plug overnight ( and its the Intell bad) . And of couse the agfeans fault
At lease Biggie T s plan was to evac non-combatants first not after the fall ???????

And we believe this narrative Originally Posted by rexdutchman
it appears that the generals tried to pull the same stunt on Trump and then on Biden with the delay game. it didn't work with biden.

both the generals and biden are to blame for this fiasco.