Closed Again

I do follow a few buck girls. Looks like on their socials everything is normal. Lol I sure as hell not telling these Cubans and columbians to shut down.
  • motor
  • 07-25-2020, 05:47 PM
As I sit here at the bar at Bucks Cab in Dallas doing a few shots with a Cubana and bimbo blonde, I am 100% they are open!!
As I sit here at the bar at Bucks Cab in Dallas doing a few shots with a Cubana and bimbo blonde, I am 100% they are open!! Originally Posted by motor
Good to hear it - I hope that TMC is also open.
Talked to one of the dancers at BDD. They plan (as of last night-Saturday) to stay open and fight it. At least that’s what the managers are telling dancers
BDD is open today, Sunday.
Tom,
BDD is open today, Sunday. Originally Posted by TomCollins
Can you please name some of the dancers that are working?

Thanks.

netman
Talked to one of the dancers at BDD. They plan (as of last night-Saturday) to stay open and fight it. At least that’s what the managers are telling dancers Originally Posted by oklohomaJoe

Funny that they are fighting being told to shut down again since it only happened because they wouldn't follow the rules laid out that would have prevented the judge from having to step in and tell them to shut back down.
I went fairly early. The names I can think of, Sayuri, Patricia, Ana, Jasmine, Ava, Valentina, and several other latinas I don’t know. It was not a racially diverse set of dancers to say the least.
Talked to one of the dancers at BDD. They plan (as of last night-Saturday) to stay open and fight it. At least that’s what the managers are telling dancers Originally Posted by oklohomaJoe
Pretty bold strategy - I am glad they are pushing back.
I went fairly early. The names I can think of, Sayuri, Patricia, Ana, Jasmine, Ava, Valentina, and several other latinas I don’t know. It was not a racially diverse set of dancers to say the least. Originally Posted by TomCollins
Looks like BDD has gone the route of lots Latina/Cuban girls. It may be the pandemic or the other ladies do not come in until later. Buck's Dallas is usually like that and that was before the covid-19 hit.
Pretty bold strategy - I am glad they are pushing back. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Bold yes, smart I don't know. Unless the clubs are just really banking being open, I doubt it is really worth the consequences that will follow. Think about it. Ok let's say they win in court, that doesn't mean you won't have pissed off local officials. End of the day these local officials can make life pretty miserable for the clubs in the future. Also even with a court win, I would say being open against local public health orders will be more than enough to get their SOB licenses reviewed in the future.

I am far from a COVID doomsday person, but if you had to ask me one business that probably be shut down in the current COVID situation, it is strip clubs and night clubs. I don't see this ending well for the clubs when all is said and done. Remember if the clubs are punished or persecuted in the future for this, there will be no protestors, etc coming to their defense. Strip club clientele likes to act like they are upstanding members of society, and would never stand up for these clubs in public. The public is never outraged about a SOB being shut down.
Bold yes, smart I don't know. Unless the clubs are just really banking being open, I doubt it is really worth the consequences that will follow. Think about it. Ok let's say they win in court, that doesn't mean you won't have pissed off local officials. End of the day these local officials can make life pretty miserable for the clubs in the future. Also even with a court win, I would say being open against local public health orders will be more than enough to get their SOB licenses reviewed in the future.

I am far from a COVID doomsday person, but if you had to ask me one business that probably be shut down in the current COVID situation, it is strip clubs and night clubs. I don't see this ending well for the clubs when all is said and done. Remember if the clubs are punished or persecuted in the future for this, there will be no protestors, etc coming to their defense. Strip club clientele likes to act like they are upstanding members of society, and would never stand up for these clubs in public. The public is never outraged about a SOB being shut down. Originally Posted by SmokeMonster
The other problem is the SC will never return to the pre Covid levels of profitability until we don't have to wear masks in the club and the economy comes all the way back, whatever that will look like. Fighting to just stay open seems like cutting off the nose to spite the face. Yes, there is some money to be made, but it's not what it was and won't be for a while. If Burch is really profitable I would think he'd pick his battles a bit better and not just try to openly defy city ordinances at this stage of the pandemic.

I have to question how profitable he really is given just last year he tried to keep the club open a couple days when there was no electricity. IMO that sounds like a guy that needs every dime of revenue possible.

I am far from a COVID doomsday person, but if you had to ask me one business that probably be shut down in the current COVID situation, it is strip clubs and night clubs. I don't see this ending well for the clubs when all is said and done. Remember if the clubs are punished or persecuted in the future for this, there will be no protestors, etc coming to their defense. Strip club clientele likes to act like they are upstanding members of society, and would never stand up for these clubs in public. The public is never outraged about a SOB being shut down. Originally Posted by SmokeMonster
Very good points - I guess we should find out soon.
Smoke Monster, you nailed it. These are not businesses that need to be poking the bear so to speak. If the wrong person in county/city government gets pissed off over this, they could make things very tough for any club that gets on their radar.

To be fair to the clubs though, I don’t see any scenario that would result in them getting an “all clear” for months. I don’t think we will see material declines in cases soon.

I think they should be open, but ban sitting at the bars. Unless a drink is in a customers hand, a mask must be covering mouth and nose. I mean there should be some set of rules that can let the clubs be open and people earn a living, but also satisfy the health authorities that this isn’t any worse than a restaurant.
I drove by Bdd Saturday afternoon and noticed they were opened. Was kind of surprised. Parking lot was empty.