Hobby Phone

Its used to verify that this is a real person not a spambot creating random accounts. However, I didn't think you could remove the phone number. Anyway, if you didn't have it forwarded to some real phone how would you receive or make calls??? That is after all the point of the service. Originally Posted by GoAheadMkMyDay
As long as I have a data connection when I dial a number, my phone asks me if I want to make the call via my phone, or via Google Voice. If by Google voice, it uses VoIP.
As long as I have a data connection when I dial a number, my phone asks me if I want to make the call via my phone, or via Google Voice. If by Google voice, it uses VoIP. Originally Posted by corona
Did you look at your bill for a call log? You will have a little surprise. If someone calls your GV number, they call google, than in turn calls your cell (no VOIP) with the caller id of the caller. You should see these google strange numbers in your bill's call log.

Same is true when you call someone.

That is trail I don't need.

Talkatone is true VOIP.
Damn, people, Google tracks every fucking move you make, breath you take, call you make or take, every website you hit and ip you use and then sells that shit to net marketers. Stop trying to polish a turd, reinvent the wheel or play Magyver and make science out of used gum and an empty Dr Pepper can...get a tracphone for cash at your choice of location, keep it somewhere hidden and off until you need it, top it off every 90 days, clear it and donate it to a women's shelter once a year, rinse and repeat.

Or be single, widowed or divorced and use your regular phone.

And that sticky suggestion. Amen.
Google voice leaves too many traces. Consider using talkatone. Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
I agree with Luke. Too many ways to trace back to you. A simple subpoena and your done.

I have a NET10 phone and paid cash. I've never had anyone ask for personal info. Now I just pick up a card for $25 a month. It's a cheap POC but does the job. Texting is a pain. I'm sure several of the providers I've worked with consider me a text-tard. ;-)

I wished I would have gotten something a little higher quality. It is truly a pain to text.

I take it a step further. I use a TOR browser. My I.P. address never shows up and my origination point is bounced all over the world. And of course use a fake everything. The browser is on a thumb drive. It's stored no where on a computer. It can be a little complicated to get started and a pain to run but worth it to me.

Some tech savy providers will mention that the timelines on emails make no since. Also it may show French or German peripherals. It does spook a few providers who notice. It takes the occasional explanation.
A thousand thank yous to all. I now have a plan of attack!!
Track phone:$15
1 year plan with 800 minutes:$99
You also get double minute for life
3 months free when you activate.
No reg.
I have never run out of minutes and get a new phone and number yearly. Works great.
Sean