Simple Question Yes or No are the only available answers. Discussion of course is welcome.

Ladies, you already have a real time availability posting place. Just put it in your showcase.

Strangely enough, despite all the complaining, most ladies don't bother to put today's availability info there. Most don't even bother to put general availability info there, such as "M-F 8AM-6PM." Many who do list it don't bother to keep the info up to date.

I believe you can list your availability in your signature line. Mods, please correct me if I'm wrong. It's NOT listed as forbidden in the site rules announcement.

This will update your signature in all your existing posts.

Guys, put the ladies you're interested in into your buddies list. Then you'll at least know they're logged in in the list to the left side on the forums.

However, I wouldn't be opposed to some sort of short term availability thread. However, I don't have to police it either.

Maybe there are some other good ideas here. Perhaps a thread where ladies can post "I'm available today. Here are my hours."

One of the problems I have is ladies who post their weekly ad, maybe even list availability, but you have no idea whether they're feeling lazy don't want to work today, or if they're eager to work today, or if they're asleep, doing something else or otherwise impaired and not available. Or even if they're all booked up.

Presumably if the lady took the time to post in the thread, there's probably a good chance she might return your call.

There could even be some sort of additional software where the lady could check in and check off boxes for "I'm working today in Austin, Hours from x to y." Then the board software would show a clickable list of ladies who have checked in today for Austin. Maybe even color coded with "available now" or "available later in the day."

Make it so you have to log in and enter the information today, otherwise, some ladies would just list "I'm always available," even if they have no intention of working today.

We also have to realize that this isn't just up to the local mods. The board management has a say as well.
So basically you think us women are incapable of following simple rules, especially after a warning. That's funny. Originally Posted by Tracy Auburn
Unfortunately, a significant number of ladies on this board ARE incapable or unwilling to follow simple rules, even after being warned many times.

Doubly unfortunately, the same can be said for the guys.
So GG, while you stand on your soap box preaching to everyone, I have a question? Do you always follow all traffic laws? I seriously doubt that you do! You're aware that when you preach to all about following the rules, while breaking other rules, it's called being a hypocrite.

I believe you can list your availability in your signature line. Mods, please correct me if I'm wrong. It's NOT listed as forbidden in the site rules announcement.

This will update your signature in all your existing posts.

Guys, put the ladies you're interested in into your buddies list. Then you'll at least know they're logged in in the list to the left side on the forums.

Originally Posted by GneissGuy
I've checked the rules before and it's fine:

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=12655

Using the signature lines could in conjunction with the "buddies list" or some other feature that would notify you of a specific lady's availability, it'll save the guys the trouble of having to browse through a long list of providers they aren't interested in.
It's been proven FACT that they can't 3 or 4 times already. So maybe instead of Sydh, you should be using it to read before posting? Originally Posted by Twisted Into Form
Excuse you, I've only been warned once regarding a short notice violation.

Again, it works fine for other cities. So it seems to be this one that either can't follow directions or are too lazy to moderate effectively.
Excuse you, I've only been warned once regarding a short notice violation.

Again, it works fine for other cities. So it seems to be this one that either can't follow directions or are too lazy to moderate effectively. Originally Posted by Tracy Auburn
Once again before posting READ before looking ignorant!

"So basically you think us women are incapable of following simple rules, especially after a warning. That's funny."

Are you incapable of reading? Nobody said jackshit about you. It failed in Houston and Austin. It's the lack of moderation that keeps it going in San Antonio, or as most people call it ThreADland! And I'm sure telling the mods they're lazy will get it done here. Even though they have expressly said it will not be happening in Austin AGAIN!

But understanding that would require READING.
Ladies, you already have a real time availability posting place. Just put it in your showcase.

Strangely enough, despite all the complaining, most ladies don't bother to put today's availability info there. Most don't even bother to put general availability info there, such as "M-F 8AM-6PM." Many who do list it don't bother to keep the info up to date.

This will update your signature in all your existing posts. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
^^^ True!

BUT
....then 95% of the guys don't look or pay attention to none of that either.

^^^ True!

BUT....then 95% of the guys don't look or pay attention to none of that either.

Originally Posted by KiaraKutie

This is so true, I have all info in my showcase including Donations but I still get asked how much is donation is even with the ads up that they just read, rules of my do's and donts and I still get people that try to cross my rules or try to talk me into doing what ever it is that they want, and the sentence that says " I dont answer calls and dont like messages, texting or pms or emails preferred" but I get calls every day, I have my times available but get calls at 3 am or 6 am. So I dont think it really matters what we put in our showcase, people do what they are going to do regardless. I dont get mad or upset about it anymore lol I just deal with it, I guess its part of the job description lol
This is so true, I have all info in my showcase including Donations but I still get asked how much is donation is even with the ads up that they just read, rules of my do's and donts and I still get people that try to cross my rules or try to talk me into doing what ever it is that they want, and the sentence that says " I dont answer calls and dont like messages, texting or pms or emails preferred" but I get calls every day, I have my times available but get calls at 3 am or 6 am. So I dont think it really matters what we put in our showcase, people do what they are going to do regardless. I dont get mad or upset about it anymore lol I just deal with it, I guess its part of the job description lol Originally Posted by shayla84
Do you think not giving out the information or keeping it up to date makes the situation better?
I will offer an opinion based on my experience with the situation in San Antonio...

Basically the short-notice thread is useless. I've tried on six occasions to schedule with providers who had posted within the last 3 hours. In every case I either got no response from the supposedly available providers I was interested in, or they said they were unavailable. WTF? Then I start getting the PM's and texts asking about other possible times. I'm not alone in this opinion, we even have a thread on this subject in the SA forums.

The only upside to the short-notice thread is it does tend to gather a number of the threAds in one place where they can easily be ignored.

I did watch the SA mods attempt to enforce the rules the ladies agreed to. They failed, both because of short-term memory issues, and new ladies that don't read the rules. I think the mods have given up on moderating that particular thread allowing it to remain the useless cesspool of worthless information it was destined to be in the beginning.

A personal admission: I would be supportive of threAds if they had a positive effect on my ability to contact providers who interest me, but I haven't found that to be true at this point.
There needs to be an "available now" button in our profile that we can click (and unclick) just like on Slixa. Fuck the threads. Adding it to a signature line is also pointless because some people (myself included) mostly use the mobile site. And as for updating the showcase? Also pointless because no one ever fucking reads it. If we had an "available now" that showed up under our handles (when we've clicked it, of course), that would solve the problem; at least until a bunch of providers forget to unclick it when someone books.
There needs to be an "available now" button in our profile that we can click (and unclick) just like on Slixa. Fuck the threads. Adding it to a signature line is also pointless because some people (myself included) mostly use the mobile site. And as for updating the showcase? Also pointless because no one ever fucking reads it. If we had an "available now" that showed up under our handles (when we've clicked it, of course), that would solve the problem; at least until a bunch of providers forget to unclick it when someone books. Originally Posted by Claire She Blows
Some of us do read the showcase and other sources of info.

What makes you think those who don't read the existing info sources now would pay attention to a different source of information?

Again, it works fine for other cities. So it seems to be this one that either can't follow directions or are too lazy to moderate effectively. Originally Posted by Tracy Auburn
I didn't feel too lazy today. I thought I would log in and moderate a little. Not sure if its effective though, it is Christmas. Oh well, back to the things that truly matter like family and being lazy...

sixx
Some of us do read the showcase and other sources of info.

What makes you think those who don't read the existing info sources now would pay attention to a different source of information? Originally Posted by GneissGuy
Because it would be directly under a handle or maybe the picture "available now" and therefore impossible to miss.
yea, some sort of available now might work, but like claire said you'll still have someone who'll forget to turn it off.

maybe local chat? don't think that would work

I know if I send a pm or request on a site and see that the provider is online or has gone online after, and I don't receive a response it's a not a good sign.

SAT-works for some, free advertising for some, confusing at times. Some providers use all the time, some sometimes, some rarely, some never. Some hobbyist use same way.

Like anything else it's how you use it