Providers Who Really Need Business

Of all my deficiencies as a man, I do not go bargain shopping for companionship. That just taint right. Originally Posted by pyramider
Pyramider, though honestly sometimes I think your 'taint' posts are rather annoying, once in a while, you post something so brilliant that I had to double check who posted it. LOL. Good job, Pyramider!
My hobbying is not budget constrained, but I'm sure I'm more the exception than the rule. And while I understand that the ladies have to weigh competing considerations before they put the word out that their business is slow or offer a reduced rate, I see nothing at all wrong with a thread like this. It serves a valuable purpose for members of the board in both categories.

As to the response, "Well, just go look in the ads," I think that is a poor reply. The ad forum is grossly disorganized, doesn't have easily assessable rate information, and is completely broken. I don't even read it any more. I think at thread like this is far more user friendly. As for concerns that this will become simply an "advertising thread," well yes, it will. But, so what. If people don't wish to read the advertising, they can simply skip over it.
I agree TTH. If the ad section was done properly, there would not be a need for a thread like this. Some post their rates in ad section, some on their web site. I'm not chasing sites for a ladies rate. I'm not necessarily on a budget either but I am also not apposed to shopping sales in all aspects of my life. It's funny, this site does not like a provider posting a discount rate but they do not seem to mind a lady posting a "poor me, please give me money for nothing" thread.
It is just naive to think that the twisted and sinister among us do not gravitate to desperation.
And the hobby as well as society is not as civilized as one would hope.

Welcome And Introductions should adopt this for a header.
Pyramider, though honestly sometimes I think your 'taint' posts are rather annoying, once in a while, you post something so brilliant that I had to double check who posted it. LOL. Good job, Pyramider! Originally Posted by samantha thom
You are becoming tainted. Its okay ... come to the tainted side. Hey, I bet I have five or six thought provoking posts on icky.
SweetAterPie,
I agree with what you are saying, thus strengthening my logic. Wouldn't a lady rather drop her name into a thread like this, than come on the board asking for help directly? Giving us details of whatever problem, either real or BS that led her to this financial crisis. And from my point of view as a hobbyist, I would like to have one place to look where I might find ladies that are negotiable on their rates. Rather than sending PM's or an email to a provider to discuss possible discounts. While helping the lady pay her rent, or make a car payment. Some may suggest the notion, that if one has a limited hobby budget, he needs to find another outlet to satisfy his needs. And they are entitled to their opinions. We as hobbyists have a lot more options now, than were available years ago. And, Dallas has changed a lot, in the thirty years since I found the hobby. Back before Amber founded ASPD, my first hobby experience was with a lady named Diana of Dallas. I'm sure some folks remember those days. Ladies on Harry Hines from Mockingbird to Royal Lane. Anyway........ Ladies and gents, if you don't find this thread useful....... Sorry Perhaps someone can create a better alternative.

Crzy
You are becoming tainted. Its okay ... come to the tainted side. Hey, I bet I have five or six thought provoking posts on icky. Originally Posted by pyramider
Sir,
Would you believe four?
As a big fan of taint, I give you 16,000
I understand the OP's kind intentions, but honestly, it would not be in the best interest of any provider to respond to this and acknowledge she "especially" needs money. We ladies ALL need business, but you have to recognize that sometimes a provider expressing dire straights will appear unsuccessful and gentlemen will wonder why, or she will be seen as pathetic, complaining, playing on sympathy, or not managing her money well, any one of which is a turn-off.

In this image-oriented biz, public relations are nearly as important as private relations.
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels

One word: MarisaofDallas
You are becoming tainted. Its okay ... come to the tainted side. Hey, I bet I have five or six thought provoking posts on icky. Originally Posted by pyramider
It's six. I counted.
To be clear, I wasn't making any insult to any lady here, and yes, stuff happens and we all need help from time to time. I've had some pretty rough patches where I've been tempted to lay it all out and hope for a positive response, but as some of you know, my Irish pride usually slaps me upside the head. However, emotional support can be very uplifting, too, so sharing a story isn't a bad thing, depending on how it's presented. Sometimes that can have an unexpectedly beneficial result.

But no one can argue that perception isn't critical in any income-producing pursuit. I was repeating how other gentlemen have indicated THEY have/would/might think.
A thread like your are proposing is completly unneeded. If a lady needs more business, run an ad; market yourseIf. If lowering your prices, IE: "Specials" does not get the desired results, think outside the box and change your advertising and your offers till you find what works. Do you need new pictures? Change your menu? Have you posted in the ladies forums that you could use some advise on how to better market yourself? Do you have any especialy nice, repeat customers who you could ask how to increase your business?

You should not say your desperate or that business is bad. We hear that all the time. Sometimes true, sometimes not. And it will draw those who are willing to take advantage of ladies in distress. Post questions in a postive way designed to get attention from those who are willing to help.

Are my pictures honest and helping me draw customers?
Are my rates inline with others of my looks and menu?
If I advertise specials, what kind are most likely to get a good response?
Have I asked my regulars if it is OK for me to contact them when I am offering specials?
Do I have recent, postive reviews? If not, have I contacted those I have seen recently asking if there was any issue or if they could do a review?
Is my incall safe, in a decent part of town? Is it neat, clean, and put my clients at ease when they walk in?
Should I share an incall to help control costs?
Have I eliminated or cut back on unneed spending?
How about education? Are there other skills I can develop, like massage or a 2ed language, that might make time with me more attractive?
Do I advertsie and appeal to my prefered client base? IE: What is common about the customers I see? Especialy repeat customers?

Do I need to go to the gym more? New hair style? Clothing sytle?

And so on.

Be willing to hear that you need to change things without taking offense. Sometimes truth hurts. If your honest and the person your asking is honest, you can gain usefull insight and improve business.
For what it's worth, I agree with your post. But one could argue that for a woman in this business there is no room for pride. There is nothing wrong with going through a rough patch, and asking for help. Double your advertising efforts, offer a short term special, or ask a trusted client to meet you outside of your normal schedule.

But the problem for the most part, the ISO's have gotten just a bit more crude. They were once about certain body types or ladies willing to do certain activities. Now it's about who can do them at the lowest price point. I agree with what you said about desperation. Answering an ad for a short notice $50 date should not be the answers to your problem. What it says is you don't turn down a quarter, and your thought process is one of live for today with no regards for the future.

But hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...

Mr. Oldbutstillgoing hit it on the money.
As far as business advice goes, this place a gem as long as you do your research. She should not have to ask a client for any advice concerning her business. But then again, I would be seriously worried about a lady who sees that her business is not going well enough to make ends meet and does nothing to change it.
I think it's safe to assume any lady that runs an ad on any particular day REALLY needs the business. Find 4 you like and call them, guarantee at least 2 will be willing to work with you on specials.