Hobbying prices

So I’ve only really been in the hobby since 2018, but I’ve noticed since then prices have skyrocketed… not to try and start any political arguments, but does anyone think this is somewhat related to the massive inflation we are seeing?

Or is it just that girls are deciding to ask for more because they know we are all suckers? Originally Posted by NCooper
I don’t think it’s either. If you look back over the last 6 or 7 years, the price of pretty everything has increased, restaurant menus prices have increased, real estate prices have increased, college tuition has increased, salaries have increased especially for high earners.

Hobbyists, myself included have a tough time excepting that the days of 80/100 Hhr and 150/200hr rates are a thing of the past for a lot of providers . It’s not just a recent phenomenon driven by inflation, this has been in works for awhile. A bigger issue might be that a some cases the quality of the services provided has decreased, while the prices for those services have increased.
I don’t think it’s either. If you look back over the last 6 or 7 years, the price of pretty everything has increased, restaurant menus prices have increased, real estate prices have increased, college tuition has increased, salaries have increased especially for high earners.

Hobbyists, myself included have a tough time excepting that the days of 80/100 Hhr and 150/200hr rates are a thing of the past for a lot of providers . It’s not just a recent phenomenon driven by inflation, this has been in works for awhile. A bigger issue might be that a some cases the quality of the services provided has decreased, while the prices for those services have increased. Originally Posted by Golden Man

I don't think anyone whose mental faculties are functioning efficiently is going to pay more for diminished service. When I see a girl who might be pretty, but offers lousy service, that is a one trick pony. She can take her $500, leave, and try to live off $500 for the rest of her life. I would certainly hope other guys who would choose to see her would only see her one time as well, and not repeat. Ideally not see her at all, but alas she's holding all the power of references if I leave her a bad but accurate review. I would certainly hope anyone who is charging a lot of money for something lacking in value has great difficulty securing new business, but that may just be wishful thinking on my part.

Hobbyists, myself included have a tough time excepting that the days of 80/100 Hhr and 150/200hr rates are a thing of the past for a lot of providers . It’s not just a recent phenomenon driven by inflation, this has been in works for awhile. A bigger issue might be that a some cases the quality of the services provided has decreased, while the prices for those services have increased. Originally Posted by Golden Man
With the current market conditions of the average price going up, in increase in a providers rate should come with no expectations that service will also increase. Look at grocery prices. I pay more for a lb of hamburger, but the the quality of the hamburger does not change.

Now, if a provider should change her rates higher than the overall market is going up,I would expect more or better service. Otherwise, get over it. Everything costs more
The uniqueness of the provider in this industry is the fact that they do not have to be charge a higher donation price and same if not less service. So, instead of comparing providers to goods you would get at the grocery store and be satisfied with that, most hobbyists would agree that the ladies need to step up their service if they raise their donation.

Sure, providers will get guys contacting them for appointments, but remember, the inflation elsewhere has affected the hobbyists as well. It is true that there are many providers who will skimp on services yet charge the same donation if not more. If you are satisfied with one time clients, great, but the ladies who have stepped up their service (TCB and BCD) to go along with the rate hikes are the ones who have the repeat regulars.
I don't think most SW raised their rates due to inflation or cost of living. Originally Posted by Pangolier
If their bills go up (because of inflation) how do you think they afford to pay their bills? Add more hours to their day? No... just like every other business entity they pass along increased costs to their customers...

It's simple economics.
So, instead of comparing providers to goods you would get at the grocery store and be satisfied with that, most hobbyists would agree that the ladies need to step up their service if they raise their donation. Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote
Historical prices prove you wrong. What did FS Greek cost 20 years ago? You could probably get that for 250-300 USD. What does it go for now? 300-400?

A BNG was $50 5-6 years ago... now they are $80 sometimes $100. Did BJs change somehow? You can still find them for $50 on List Crawler... but you're gonna be in a bad part of town to get that price... Because inflationary pressure means that a better part of town REQUIRES a higher price on the services.

The quality of service is always important and distinguishes providers who are in the same pricing band, but inflation has definitely affected prices over time.
Historical prices prove you wrong. What did FS Greek cost 20 years ago? You could probably get that for 250-300 USD. What does it go for now? 300-400?

A BNG was $50 5-6 years ago... now they are $80 sometimes $100. Did BJs change somehow? You can still find them for $50 on List Crawler... but you're gonna be in a bad part of town to get that price... Because inflationary pressure means that a better part of town REQUIRES a higher price on the services.

The quality of service is always important and distinguishes providers who are in the same pricing band, but inflation has definitely affected prices over time. Originally Posted by texassapper
I agreed that prices are up with inflation, but what I am talking about is instead of comparing a provider with a grocery store item, she is unique in the fact she can give better service for that higher donation. The ones that give the same or you see drop off in services for the higher rate are going to not get as many repeat regulars as the ones that increase their service with the higher donation.

If you disagree with that, then you probably do not care because you are a one and done guy anyway, just looking to get a nut with a different lady each time, instead of trying to have regulars you repeat with because of the quality of the service.
If their bills go up (because of inflation) how do you think they afford to pay their bills? Add more hours to their day? No... just like every other business entity they pass along increased costs to their customers...

It's simple economics. Originally Posted by texassapper

If you are making 200K tax free, which most of these girls don't pay their taxes, then you don't care if you living expenses go up by 3K per year if they collectively were only 50K to begin with. That still leaves you with a 147K surplus each year.

If you went by that logic, then 100% of sex workers in the USA would have to have their cost of living go up proportionately to their income. The girls who were making money tantamount to a middle class worker might have raised their rates based on this principle, either that or because they saw other providers doing it and jumped on the band wagon. The girls that are bringing in over 20K per month don't give a shit if the electric bill goes up by $50 a month because that amount is negligible. They raised their rates because they saw an opportunity to take advantage of the situation. That got passed along to guys asking for 1 hour appointments. The guys booking them for weekend trips out of the country or 10K monthly exclusively arrangements weren't effected because they have more money than they know what to do with and don't care if prices go up.
If you are making 200K tax free, which most of these girls don't pay their taxes, then you don't care if you living expenses go up by 3K per year if they collectively were only 50K to begin with. That still leaves you with a 147K surplus each year.

If you went by that logic, then 100% of sex workers in the USA would have to have their cost of living go up proportionately to their income. The girls who were making money tantamount to a middle class worker might have raised their rates based on this principle, either that or because they saw other providers doing it and jumped on the band wagon. The girls that are bringing in over 20K per month don't give a shit if the electric bill goes up by $50 a month because that amount is negligible. They raised their rates because they saw an opportunity to take advantage of the situation. That got passed along to guys asking for 1 hour appointments. The guys booking them for weekend trips out of the country or 10K monthly exclusively arrangements weren't effected because they have more money than they know what to do with and don't care if prices go up. Originally Posted by Pangolier
I agree.

I am not going to guess how much providers make a year, but I will say, the expenses they have for as a provider as well as their personal expenses are negligible compared to the money they should be making. If the ladies are struggling, then my guess is either she does not have enough clients (because her service is sub par or she has a shit attitude with guys pre-appointment so they do not set) or trying to sell getting boob jobs, butt cheek implants, buying gucci bags/purses, ect. is have to haves to live.
The uniqueness of the provider in this industry is the fact that they do not have to be charge a higher donation price and same if not less service. So, instead of comparing providers to goods you would get at the grocery store and be satisfied with that, most hobbyists would agree that the ladies need to step up their service if they raise their donation
Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote
If you think industry wide increases should equate to better/ more service, your are so out of touch with the real world. There is not a service industry in the world that this would be true. Inflation makes everything more expensive. There are plenty of providers in all price ranges. Hell, you want a raise every year. Why should providers be any different? What about providers already offering anything a guy wants. Are you saying they cannot raise their rates because they cannot get better than they already are?

Providers raise there prices all the time. Good for them. If the experience they provide does not match the cost, their business suffers. If not,good for them. They should get every dime they can for what they do.

Just because you seem to suffer so much from YMMV so much does not mean everyone does. If you experience YMMV and poor TCB as much as you claim,you really need to consider the common element in those encounters.

Nor do you speak for most guys. Unless, of course you can provide the poll results to support you being the mouthpiece of hobbyists everywhere
I agree.

I am not going to guess how much providers make a year, but I will say, the expenses they have for as a provider as well as their personal expenses are negligible compared to the money they should be making. If the ladies are struggling, then my guess is either she does not have enough clients (because her service is sub par or she has a shit attitude with guys pre-appointment so they do not set) or trying to sell getting boob jobs, butt cheek implants, buying gucci bags/purses, ect. is have to haves to live. Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote
So once again, your vast knowledge of the provider side of the business gives you such insight, you can make Definitive statements like this.

It does not matter. Why should a provider eat the increases to their costs over the long hall? Many providets, like other businesses, will eat those cost increases until until they cannot afford it any more..Go tell your employer not to give you a raise because you make so much you don't care if the cost of living and costs to make you better at your job are skyrocketing.
If you think industry wide increases should equate to better/ more service, your are so out of touch with the real world. There is not a service industry in the world that this would be true. Inflation makes everything more expensive. There are plenty of providers in all price ranges. Hell, you want a raise every year. Why should providers be any different? What about providers already offering anything a guy wants. Are you saying they cannot raise their rates because they cannot get better than they already are?

Providers raise there prices all the time. Good for them. If the experience they provide does not match the cost, their business suffers. If not,good for them. They should get every dime they can for what they do.
Originally Posted by oldbutstillgoing
There was a member her a long time ago that said "Providers who charge more for their service are definitely going to be better at their service skills than a provider who charges less" aka, they charge more money, expect better service. Wait, that was you who said that! This probably one of the many times you go down different roads on the same subject just so you can disagree with someone.

As I said the provider business is unlike any other in that the service they provide for the money can be regulated by their mood, how turned on they are, ect. as opposed to a tire shop employee's service of changing tires or fixing flats.

To make a comparison, if the provider just gets naked, goes through the motions and you get your nut, she gets all her money and many times giving true but negative intel on your experience with that provider can prove costly. That cost could be visits with other providers are nixxed by those other providers, the provider posts fake vendetta alerts about you due to her lost business citing your intel as the culprit and of course the WK bashing from guys who per their opinion, had a good experience with her. In the tire repair, if the repair person did not fix the flat, the tire will not inflate. If the new tires that were put on fall off going down the road because the serviceman was having a bad day or did not think the customer was cute enough, and did not want to tighten the lug nuts, not only would the tire shop probably get sued, but also the service person would not have a job any longer. The ONLY parallelism that would be accurate is if they both did a great job, they would be getting a return customer as well as referrals. I do not see any other similarities when you compare the two services.

You think providers should go higher in rates every year? Providers make damn good money considering the actual time they spend with a client and always have been. If they flounder the money, it is their own fault (see my post above yours). Maybe you should tell that to strip clubs as dances have be $20 per song for decades and decades. But, I am sure if you do let the ladies know, the dancers would be more than happy to charge you more money for their lap dances because you think they deserve it. And since they deserve every dime they can get, then why do you brag about providers, dancers, ect. you see all the time that all you have to pay for with them is the cost of the dinner when they go out with you? If you feel so strong about ladies making more money, then pay them what you claim you think they are worth (well on second thought, maybe you are!).

So once again, your vast knowledge of the provider side of the business gives you such insight, you can make Definitive statements like this.

It does not matter. Why should a provider eat the increases to their costs over the long hall? Many providets, like other businesses, will eat those cost increases until until they cannot afford it any more..Go tell your employer not to give you a raise because you make so much you don't care if the cost of living and costs to make you better at your job are skyrocketing. Originally Posted by oldbutstillgoing
Since you know so much about provider expenses during inflation, do you mind telling me why a provider has grandfather rates that never go up on regulars? Yet, the cost of living is continually climbing anyway. With your logic, I guess those ladies are homeless or behind on their mortgage , cannot get a full tank of gas for their vehicle and cannot eat due to that, right? So when they see a newbie to them so they can charge them full retail, now she can afford to catch up on the house note, eat more than Top Ramen for dinner and able to fill her gas tank, yea!!
The cost of hotels, car rentals and gas definitely have an effect on all of the providers I would think. I’m not a provider and it has effected me.
Had a regular from 2021 reach out to me as I quit seeing her because she cancels and changes every appointment.

She went back to being a waitress but said tips were horrible and business is slow except for the lunch crowd on certain days.

She offered me a special rate and promised not to cancel the appointment if I would prepay.

Told her NO WAY.....finally had to block her she kept blowing up my phone with offers.

It must be rough hustling out there now days.
  • L1A2D
  • 06-25-2022, 09:54 AM
Very few providers are with what they charge these days. There are quite a few with GPS and lousy service.
But there are some true gems out there that are worth what they ask for and give great service. They tend to be the more experienced gals and rarely the young ones that will just be in. The hobby for a few months to a year or so.