Are “deposits” an ABSOLUTE scam?

Just do a quick search on Winter Kay and Kat Vega to see why I don't buy into the 'reputable providers' argument. They were both well known and highly regarded (including by me as I had seen them myself) until they started fleecing men all over the country.

It's not always a scam, but all too often it is. Even a lady you think you can trust might one day just ghost you after getting the funds. And for all the other reasons above, CASH IS KING!
I’ve been out of the game for a while and used to peruse the risky sites for providers. I’m in a bit more cautious place and want to see reviews. Talked to a lot of girls lately and most of them, save for a couple, ask for half to secure my date. I haven’t pulled the trigger on it because it seems fishy, as does the whole gift card thing.
Not sure what all to trust other than just come in here and look for providers that are reviewed. I did find one that seemed legit on LC , had pics of a few reviews from there but I go to find the actual reviews and nothing is there. Boom, another bust.
I DO see a lot of girls that are reviewed on here that have ads found on LC, so I’m trying to figure out how to trust the ones I find myself on there? Some of the providers seem to get pissy when you ask for other reviews. What gives? Originally Posted by Phoff2435

A lot of guys on this site are opposed to deposits. Some girls requiring them are legit, others are scammers. If you are concerned about losing your money the safest way to play it is sign up for a cashapp account, link an Amex card to it, and if the girl rips you off just file a chargeback, saying the "therapist" owed you a massage and bailed on it. Amex is best at handling chargebacks, but if you go this route you may lose access to Cashapp forever if you file a chargeback, unless you are able to register for a new account using different info. So it's essentially a "one time" solution for you to test the deposit waters.
I was victim of deposit 3 times.. yes, I'm a little dumb ass and thought with other head when posting deposit. Never ever put deposit!!! Any ladies asking for deposit will not have pleasure of my dollar again. I have enough references, p411, reviews on eccie, oh2.. wtf would you ask me for a deposit other than to scam me?
Prepaying a deposit greatly increases the odds that the provider will have a family emergency, her phone will fall in the toilet, she will fall asleep, and other incredibly unbelievable issues. Plus, if you ever get your session that provider will have already spent your money and feel like they are working for free, and the odds of you having a great session decrease.
ESPECIALLY if the guy has a record of no call no show, or last minute cancellations: I will require a deposit before making the drive to my incall.

Sometimes if the person has contacted me in the past , or asking too many questions(like they are shopping around and not ready to commit) I will require a deposit. I have actually sent it back in the past if the guy gave me creepy vibes and I decided to cancel.
If there's a gent that is reaching out to me and has a bad reputation for no shows, time wasters etc.

In my opinion deposits are created for those types of gents and you bet I will ask for one.

If you are a gent that uses manners and has a great reputation then no deposit.

Remember the deposit goes towards the donation. Originally Posted by R.M.
Exactly.
Is OH2 still not working?
jan 7--oh2 still not working..been out for past 3 weeks,and probably be out for a long while--IF it ever returns at all--BUT THERE ARE PLENTY OF GIRLS ON ECCIE--
Let me check my notes..... Yes. Deposits are a scam
A lot of guys on this site are opposed to deposits. Some girls requiring them are legit, others are scammers. If you are concerned about losing your money the safest way to play it is sign up for a cashapp account, link an Amex card to it, and if the girl rips you off just file a chargeback, saying the "therapist" owed you a massage and bailed on it. Amex is best at handling chargebacks, but if you go this route you may lose access to Cashapp forever if you file a chargeback, unless you are able to register for a new account using different info. So it's essentially a "one time" solution for you to test the deposit waters. Originally Posted by Pangolier
Yea, great idea, sign up for cashapp. Create an electronic record of your activities that could be used against you, either blackmail or LE. Also increase your likelihood of identity theft. Did you know cashapp has more complaints about funds disappearing from bank accounts than you would ever Imagin. Thanks but no thanks. Also I know several people that have had fraudulent chargers in their AMEX ( et al) from the data in their Cashapp Accounts. There just is NOT a safe way to give deposits, using electronic app like this one. Probably the safest way is to use gift cards, of course you have no recourse with them, once they have the numbers, they have the money. My advice is tell them you will meet them and bring them cash for the deposit. You will be amazed at the answers you will get to this idea ....LOL
Exactly. Originally Posted by DallasBella
why book someone that you know is unreliable to start with. Yes, you pick up a deposit, but you then subject yourself to complains about your cancelling and keeping the deposit ... in other words, get accused of being a scammer ( I know for a fact that you are not a scammer Bella, but hopefully you get my point.
Be smart, don’t do it. 95% of the time it’s a scam, even when it’s not it could be grounds for felony here in Texas now… even with reputable women as they can easily work with LE
and then you’re screwed the moment you send that dough.
Use the Puffin browser it’s working on it.
why book someone that you know is unreliable to start with. Yes, you pick up a deposit, but you then subject yourself to complains about your cancelling and keeping the deposit ... in other words, get accused of being a scammer ( I know for a fact that you are not a scammer Bella, but hopefully you get my point. Originally Posted by Gandalf4301
If I can’t make the appointment, or choose not to based on your attitude, I will return the deposit. The only time it’s not given back is if you don’t show up or cancel last minute.….In that case, I will be happy to share my evidence with the Admins.
LMFAO