Should we be talking about Egypt?

IB got it right! Real politik would mean supporting the Egyptian military against our long term enemies. That's not too hard to understand but Obama and WTF (and the usual gang of idiots) don't get it. Yes, Senator "leaky" Leahy spoke out in the last 48 hours http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3782739.html
We fucked up the whole situation, both sides hate us now.
IB got it right! Real politik would mean supporting the Egyptian military against our long term enemies. That's not too hard to understand but Obama and WTF (and the usual gang of idiots) don't get it. Yes, Senator "leaky" Leahy spoke out in the last 48 hours http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3782739.html Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

Looks like you have flip flopped on the issue already.
Obama failed to support the revolution when it almost came to Iran. Obama supported the Muslim Brotherhood when the revolution came to Egypt. We know the MB supports terrorism and hates U.S. Now the military, trained by the U.S., throws out the MB almost bloodlessly and Obama remains silent on vacation. The MB starts trouble and by trouble I mean sniping at people, executing policemen, killing foreign cameramen, killing Christians, and burning churches that are thousands of years old. What does Barry do (this ought to rile them fools up)? He tells the military to calm down. The military? Not the guys shooting 10 year old girls on the way to church but the millitay. We have the story, unproven so far but the source is a US congressman, that while talking shit Obama is cutting funding from the "good" guys. If this guy (Obama) is not a muslim then he is the closest thing to it.

How does he respond to the latest violence???

In a related story Hillary got a replacement for her deceased dog

Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
We should cut the whole shitty country loose. We have little influence there anyway and Egypt hasn't been our most important friend in the ME in a long time.

Egypt's military is operating a coup government that is perpetrating massacres of Egyptian civilians in the streets. We can't support that.
  • CJ7
  • 08-21-2013, 12:17 PM
apparently we can ... we supported them with 150 billion taxpayer dollars last year year
  • WTF
  • 08-21-2013, 12:18 PM
We can support the military by not supporting the military. That would cause even more turmoil against us and the military. But that is to hard for JD to understand.JD acts as if Obama has instituted a no fly zone to protect the MB. You learn your lying ass version of patriotism from Sara Palin?
Obama is handling Egypt just right - by staying the fuck out of that shit hole.

Some poster above blamed us for everything and said both sides hate us now.

That's bullshit.

They are fucked up people to begin with. There is nothing we can do to mollify them. They follow a hate-filled authoritarian religion.

That are burning Christian churches and one report I read state that the MB paraded around some Christian nuns as prisoners of war. And those Christians are fellow Egyptians whose religion has been practiced in Egypt longer than Islam has been.

STAY OUT. Let them bleed each other white.
Correct. They are going to hate us no matter what we do. Shit, this gives us a good opportunity to cut them loose. Once things settle down, if it is in our best interests, we can reestablish whatever type of support, if any, that is appropriate at that time. The only thing we really give a shit about in relation to Egypt is their status with Israel and that has been stable for decades now.....and the Suez of course. What are they going to do? Shut that down? Never happen, it is a gigantic source of income for them.

It's difficult to understand how we can support what the Egyptian military is doing right now and still be taken seriously at all regarding what is happening in Syria.

Obama is handling Egypt just right - by staying the fuck out of that shit hole.

Some poster above blamed us for everything and said both sides hate us now.

That's bullshit.

They are fucked up people to begin with. There is nothing we can do to mollify them. They follow a hate-filled authoritarian religion.

That are burning Christian churches and one report I read state that the MB paraded around some Christian nuns as prisoners of war. And those Christians are fellow Egyptians whose religion has been practiced in Egypt longer than Islam has been.

STAY OUT. Let them bleed each other white. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Correct. They are going to hate us no matter what we do. Shit, this gives us a good opportunity to cut them loose. Once things settle down, if it is in our best interests, we can reestablish whatever type of support, if any, that is appropriate at that time. The only thing we really give a shit about in relation to Egypt is their status with Israel and that has been stable for decades now.....and the Suez of course. What are they going to do? Shut that down? Never happen, it is a gigantic source of income for them.

It's difficult to understand how we can support what the Egyptian military is doing right now and still be taken seriously at all regarding what is happening in Syria. Originally Posted by timpage
Odumbo ignorantly supported the Muslim Brotherhood's rise to power when Mubarak was over thrown. Now Odumbo is publically and ignorantly chastising those who have removed the Muslim Brotherhood from power. And you, Little Timmy, are ignorantly stupid if you believe that bunch of religious clowns, the Muslim Brotherhood, will not shut down the Suez Canal: they don't care about commercial revenue! They're perfectly content with returning to a 12th century, religiously-dominated economy.

Further, the U.S. shouldn't be doing anything in Syria except maybe prolong the agony. That situation is "lose - lose" for the U.S. Odumbo and Hildabeast missed their chance to get in front of that situation almost two years ago. If you cannot see the difference between Egypt and Syria, you're ignorantly blind.
Dumb ass post from our resident dumb ass. so many errors I will pass. Keep on what you do best IB On your knees with your ass up.
Dumb ass post from our resident dumb ass. so many errors I will pass. Keep on what you do best IB On your knees with your ass up. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Ignore. You no longer have to waste time reading the stupid incoherent shit the posts.
The Military "Junta", or what ever you wish to call it, is doing something we all wish more had the balls to do. They are killing Muslims who want to institute a radical theocracy in a Country that would rather have a secular Government.

President Obama is doing the prudent thing by keeping the hell out.

People who say that the people of Egypt had an election, and we should honor it, fail to realize that in the early '30's, Germany also had an election, elected a man who would become one of the true faces of evil. Look what it finally took to rid the World of that scourge.

There is no doubt that sooner or later, The Muslim Brotherhood would have instituted a Government based solely on the tenants of Islam, which is contrary to freedom of speech, free expression, and of course, choosing what deity you wish to worship, or not to if that is your choice.

Trading a dictatorship where the leader can put you against the wall for not doing as they say is no different than being under a religious theocracy that can put you against the wall for not believing the way they tell you to.
Ignore. You no longer have to waste time reading the stupid incoherent shit the posts. Originally Posted by timpage
There's nothing "incoherent" about the post, Little Timmy, and your attempt at deflection is nothing less than you admitting you are stupidly illiterate. Odumbo ignorantly supported the Muslim Brotherhood when he should have been supporting the status quo.

Dumb ass post from our resident dumb ass. so many errors I will pass. Keep on what you do best IB On your knees with your ass up. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Ekim the Inbred Chimp, you have once again admitted you are wholly incapable of cogently understanding or arguing any point.

The Military "Junta", or what ever you wish to call it, is doing something we all wish more had the balls to do. They are killing Muslims who want to institute a radical theocracy in a Country that would rather have a secular Government.

President Obama is doing the prudent thing by keeping the hell out.

People who say that the people of Egypt had an election, and we should honor it, fail to realize hat in the early '30's, Germany also had an election, elected a man who would become one of the true faces of evil.

There is no doubt that sooner or later, The Muslim Brotherhood would have instituted a Government based solely on the tenants of Islam, which is contrary to freedom of speech, free expression, and of course, choosing what deity you wish to worship, or not to if that is your choice.

Trading a dictatorship where the leader can put you against the wall for not doing as they say is no different than being under a religious theocracy that can put you against the wall for not believing the way they tell you to. Originally Posted by Jackie S
+1
[QUOTE=I B Hankering;1053727740]There's nothing "incoherent" about the post, Little Timmy, and your attempt at deflection is nothing less than you admitting you are stupidly illiterate. Odumbo ignorantly supported the Muslim Brotherhood when he should have been supporting the status quo.

Ekim the Inbred Chimp, you have once again admitted you are wholly incapable of cogently understanding or arguing any point.

Dumber than fuck In Bred Hankering think if you can he supported a free election who the Muslim Brotherhood won. Your inane rants support the fact you are just a Obie hater and will try to spin anything. Stupid dipshit stick to getting your fudge packed it has fucked up you childish thought process.
Dumber than fuck In Bred Hankering think if you can he supported a free election who the Muslim Brotherhood won.Your inane rants support the fact you are just a Obie hater and will try to spin anything. Stupid dipshit stick to getting your fudge packed it has fucked up you childish thought process. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Ekim the Inbred Chimp, you have once again demonstrated that you are wholly incapable of cogently understanding or arguing any point, and you have reaffirmed your habitual infatuation with homoerotic fantasies and your delusional support for Odumbo.