What to do in New Orleans

Fast Gun must have a brother named winkerman1.
Heh...trolling isn't negative...trolling is about getting attention...that's what made your real identity so obvious...

Keep trying... Originally Posted by Wakeup

I didn't realize attention is a finite resource that has to be guarded and rationed.

This is a discussion board. I post whatever comes to mind. People can either ignore or respond.

By posting in a thread that you claim is an attention-seeking ploy, aren't you in fact piggy-backing off of that attention?
Heh...I hardly need you to get attention...especially since I know who you really are...
Wasn't Wicker supposed to die? If it rains hard in New Orleans swimming would be a good activity.
Wasn't Wicker supposed to die? If it rains hard in New Orleans swimming would be a good activity. Originally Posted by pyramider
Now, be nice to the gators, pyramider. They shouldn't eat junk food.

NOLA is a great city for entertainment to feed all diverse tastes. I suggest that any gentleman visitor find a reputable female companion in the local forums, go for a drink at Pat O'Brien's, stroll Bourbon Street and listen to the music, find a nice little restaurant to have a bite, then take your date back to your hotel room for dessert. Powdered sugar can be sprinkled on her beignets.

Hey, gators dispose of human waste pretty quickly.
.....Powdered sugar can be sprinkled on her beignets.

Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
That's funny.
Now, be nice to the gators, pyramider. They shouldn't eat junk food.

NOLA is a great city for entertainment to feed all diverse tastes. I suggest that any gentleman visitor find a reputable female companion in the local forums, go for a drink at Pat O'Brien's, stroll Bourbon Street and listen to the music, find a nice little restaurant to have a bite, then take your date back to your hotel room for dessert. Powdered sugar can be sprinkled on her beignets.

Originally Posted by Fancyinheels

What hotel do you recommend?
I prefer to stay at the Omni Royal Orleans, very close to bourbon street but on a quiet stretch of the French Quarter. The restaurant and bar there, The Rib Room, is worth a look also.

http://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/new...-royal-orleans
I prefer to stay at the Omni Royal Orleans, very close to bourbon street but on a quiet stretch of the French Quarter. The restaurant and bar there, The Rib Room, is worth a look also.

http://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/new...-royal-orleans Originally Posted by SpiceItUp

Thanks. I will be back.
It is an absolute moral imperative to see some good live music, theres really no excuse not to. Don't be afraid of venturing out of the French Quarter either- as long as you aren't absurdly over dressed, flashing a wad of cash, or dabbling in narcotics you don't have too much to worry about. Not to mention most of the best live music venues are outside the Quarter but not too far removed. Frenchman Street is a safe bet. Several clubs there.

I'll list a few random establishments around the city to check out-
Bullet's Sports bar on A P Tureaud Ave- Kermit Ruffins plays there every Tues night.
The Maple Leaf on Oak st- Grammy award winning Rebirth Brass Band plays every Tues night.
The Howlin Wolf on S St Peters St.
The Blue Nile on Frenchman St.
Tipitina's- an institution
Preservation Hall- the building dates back to the late 1700s, the band has been around some 50 odd years,
The Avenue Pub- perfect place to have some really good beer and awesome food.
Stein's Market and Deli- a Beer nerd's dream. A mecca for rare, exotic, or otherwise hard to come by craft beer.

Last but not least, keep an eye out for a Second Line parade, on the off chance you see one it's your duty as an American to fall in and dance your ass off.
And don't forget Snug Harbor on Frenchman St. I saw Harry Connick there one night.
Did you get some pussy while you were there???