More global warming

You seem to like the Asian AMP slave girls, my ducky friend.
You found one guy. Hell, I can find one guy to defend just about any position.
  • Seedy
  • 03-21-2015, 08:31 AM
What JD posted on post 12 is exactly correct as far as plants requiring certain levels of CO2. Those are facts not fiction, and growing plants has been my area of expertise for 37 years. Many greenhouses operations do inject additional quantities of CO2 into the greenhouses to maximize yeald.
Again, you're confusing weather and climate. They aren't the same thing. But please, continue on in ignorance, if that is what you choose to do.

here, let a black man school you, if you can stomach it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBdxDFpDp_k Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
Yes, climate and weather are independent of one another. This, of course, is why the Caribbean gets frequent snow storms for no apparent reason. It is also why I usually put my ice trays in the stove when I want to make ice. Because, of course everyone knows that when things heat up, water freezes.

Now, does anyone remember their geology classes? Anyone remember the Mesozoic Era? It spans roughly 160 million years, and is divided into three periods: the Triasic, Jurasic, and Cretaceous Periods.

Does anyone remember what is unique about this era? Yes, it was the era of the dinosaurs, when Earth supported some of the largest species in its entire history. Anyone know why dinosaurs flourished and grew to such prodigious size? Because this is also the period in Earth's history when temperatures were at their highest - no polar ice caps at all throughout most of this era. Because of the warm temperatures, Earth supported some of the most verdant growth of its history as well, providing ample fodder for massive herbivores which then provided ample prey for massive carnivores. Nifty huh?

Hence, my skepticism of some of the ridiculously dire predictions that accompany the global warming cultists. None of them can explain why two growing seasons all the way up the middle latitudes is a terrible thing. Nor can they explain why an overabundance of water caused by melting ice caps would result in massive stretches of desert conditions. Kind of like they can't explain why rising temperatures results in bitterly cold winters. Oh wait, I know, because climate does not affect the weather. Better tell the Jamaicans to bundle up for the next snow storm.
Trust me, UC, he isn't who he wants you to believe him to be. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Didn't JL also live in Dallas?
Yes, climate and weather are independent of one another. This, of course, is why the Caribbean gets frequent snow storms for no apparent reason. It is also why I usually put my ice trays in the stove when I want to make ice. Because, of course everyone knows that when things heat up, water freezes.

Now, does anyone remember their geology classes? Anyone remember the Mesozoic Era? It spans roughly 160 million years, and is divided into three periods: the Triasic, Jurasic, and Cretaceous Periods.

Does anyone remember what is unique about this era? Yes, it was the era of the dinosaurs, when Earth supported some of the largest species in its entire history. Anyone know why dinosaurs flourished and grew to such prodigious size? Because this is also the period in Earth's history when temperatures were at their highest - no polar ice caps at all throughout most of this era. Because of the warm temperatures, Earth supported some of the most verdant growth of its history as well, providing ample fodder for massive herbivores which then provided ample prey for massive carnivores. Nifty huh?

Hence, my skepticism of some of the ridiculously dire predictions that accompany the global warming cultists. None of them can explain why two growing seasons all the way up the middle latitudes is a terrible thing. Nor can they explain why an overabundance of water caused by melting ice caps would result in massive stretches of desert conditions. Kind of like they can't explain why rising temperatures results in bitterly cold winters. Oh wait, I know, because climate does not affect the weather. Better tell the Jamaicans to bundle up for the next snow storm. Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
Jesup Christ. I've heard it all now.
Florida has banned the term "Climate Change".

http://www.livescience.com/50085-sta...te-change.html
  • Old-T
  • 03-21-2015, 11:17 AM
Sorry to intrude with some data, but ....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/top...n?ocid=DELLDHP

And some day the idiots who point to snow and say "look, this disproves global warming" will wake up and comprehend basic physics: more energy leads to more evaporation which, when cold air is encountered, leads to more snow. Just as the significant increase in the number of high-energy storms is a symptom of MORE atmospheric energy.
  • Old-T
  • 03-21-2015, 11:20 AM
Florida has banned the term "Climate Change".

http://www.livescience.com/50085-sta...te-change.html Originally Posted by gnadfly
Now THAT is intelligent. I am sure FL wouldn't want to scare away tourist $$$$, and what is a little moderation of reality if it means the $$$$ keeps flowing?

"Earlier this year, scientists at NOAA and NASA announced that 2014 was the hottest year since record keeping began in 1880. Their report showed that every continent set heat records last year, with temperatures over land and oceans breaking the previous records set in 2005 and 2010."
Sorry to intrude with some data, but ....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/top...n?ocid=DELLDHP

And some day the idiots who point to snow and say "look, this disproves global warming" will wake up and comprehend basic physics: more energy leads to more evaporation which, when cold air is encountered, leads to more snow. Just as the significant increase in the number of high-energy storms is a symptom of MORE atmospheric energy. Originally Posted by Old-T
Their knuckles drag the ground. What do you expect. Like that idiot that brought a snowball into the Senate as proof that global warming is crap. Those are our leaders
Now THAT is intelligent. I am sure FL wouldn't want to scare away tourist $$$$, and what is a little moderation of reality if it means the $$$$ keeps flowing?

"Earlier this year, scientists at NOAA and NASA announced that 2014 was the hottest year since record keeping began in 1880. Their report showed that every continent set heat records last year, with temperatures over land and oceans breaking the previous records set in 2005 and 2010." Originally Posted by Old-T
That little factoid has been refuted. Most of the temperature monitoring stations around the planet (and they only cover a small part) have been overtaken by civilization. What was forest 30 years ago is now next to a parking lot or gravel road. Doing it right does not help their cause so they have not corrected.

PS, I wonder if they counted all that snow for the winter of 2014.
Nice talking points from all, but until a leader emerges that is willing to take on the rest of the world it is absolutely stupid to punish Americans while the rest of the world prospers, if it is even a problem.

And Obama's a big ole pussy and afraid of everyone so you know he isn't the one. Maybe '16
West coast will agree with climate change. they would welcome six more inches of snow. The only "shovel ready" jobs are removing the shit you spread. Originally Posted by i'va biggen

Abre su boca por mi caca !
Again, you're confusing weather and climate. They aren't the same thing. But please, continue on in ignorance, if that is what you choose to do.

here, let a black man school you, if you can stomach it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBdxDFpDp_k Originally Posted by UnderConstruction

I don,t care what color you are, I don't buy into bullshit.
Didn't JL also live in Dallas? Originally Posted by bigtex
Nahhh, Tel Aviv, remember?

Before that, Highland Park was the advertised "location" of the notorious Uncle Han.