GODZILLA 2014

Elisabeth - a group of my friends went and people were falling asleep during the action parts... did not impress anyone. Wait for it on dvd. Originally Posted by ~Ze~
A lot of what people are complaining about is actually quite intentional. Music, lack of screen time, fight sequences, etc. There are some hidden gems in the movie - little Easter eggs: cameos (though one is a deleted scene), Mothra, Rodan, etc. Don't go into the movie thinking it's 100% cannon, it's not, by design. Very similar to the 1994 one-off plot. Which, this movie is meant to be a one-off.

That said, good for a one-time viewing in the theater. Originally Posted by FunInDFW
Best one yet. Go see it in 3D. Make your own decision. Masterfully done. Originally Posted by crashkopf
Now, I just don't know what to do! Grin.
If you're not worried about spoilers, I would suggest reading IMDB's trivia about the movie. It often gives insight about little nuances and directional choices.

Criticism about lack of monster fighting is legitimate if that's what you're hoping to see, don't get me wrong; but if you see why the director chose to do something, you might appreciate the lack of a bit more.
You're thinking if Jean Reno, Elizabeth and if you like him I'm sure you're also a fan of "Leon: The Professional."

I think those who complain of not enough screen time for the monsters underestimate how quickly that type of sequence can get monotonous. I thought the director was right to do some teasing and work towards the climactic fight scene. They just didn't have interesting characters to pave the way.
Glad to see that I wasn't the only one who thought it was "meh." I didn't think it totally sucked but I don't think it was that good either.

Looking forward to X-Men this weekend.
X-Men this weekend??

Almost went to see Godzilla today...

Will wait to download it....

Yes, I'm Asian...

Magnito is aces! I'm Jewish so I would fancy the characters background.

Wish they'd somehow bring back the silver-surfer.
I liked it but there should have been more Godzilla time!!!
Saw it in 3d Xd Hd enjoyed it.Its not your typical Godzilla movie with the people screaming Godzilla!!!
The monster fights reminded me of pro wrestling with the 2 mutos double teaming Godzilla but fortunately things turned out ok-lol BTW,a sequel is already in the works
Saw it in 3d Xd Hd enjoyed it.Its not your typical Godzilla movie with the people screaming Godzilla!!!
The monster fights reminded me of pro wrestling with the 2 mutos double teaming Godzilla but fortunately things turned out ok-lol BTW,a sequel is already in the works Originally Posted by lefty55
Ugh, unfortunately
Maybe this will help some of you feel better.

Hey Muffin! What are they saying in the middle of the song??

I thought it was amusing in the Japanese film "Godzilla: Final Wars" that they took a moment onscreen to have their original Godzilla kick the American Godzilla's ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIcExdpsEcQ
  • annoe
  • 05-22-2014, 03:04 PM
So for you ladies, if your man knew giant radioactive monsters and nuclear warheads were converging on your home town, would it upset you if his instructions were "wait right there until I come get you" rather than "take the kid and get the hell out of there now"?
I thought it was boring but I saw it days after Captain America the winter soldier. Most movies are boring after Captain America.
I liked it but there should have been more Godzilla time!!! Originally Posted by juanu_90
I agree with you. I saw the first day that come out and it was a loooong movie
Because of this thread, I suggested to see Neighbors last night rather than Godzilla. Thank you ECCIE people.

(Neighbors was effin hilarious btw )