Psycho Client Stole my Phone

Hate being picky, but if this guy took your phone that makes him a thief, not a psycho. I think the term "psycho" is reserved for people like the man in Tucson. Just saying...
I downloaded that app to my new blackberry I just got today. Wish I knew about this before! lol Originally Posted by Katie Foxx

BTW, the "PM for the name of an app" wasn't just meant for katie -- *anyone* with a smartphone, young lady or hobbyist with a smartphone feel free to contact.
If you had a prepaid phone it probably makes no difference. If it was you are billed monthly if you haven't already call and cancel your service so the guy does not run up your bill. Also depending on who your phone is with, I know Sprint if you buy their insurance they will replace it the next day and activate your number immediately.

I hope your luck improves but your in a nasty business with many AHs, be safe, I would hope if the guy was a P411 member you notified Gina, His account should be disabled both her and there, but it probably will not be!
If you had a prepaid phone it probably makes no difference. Originally Posted by ruletwister
My own experience with prepaid providers is limited, but I don't know any who offer a BlackBerry.

And her concern was more the data than the use of the phone (please correct me if I'm wrong here, taters,) which was disabled at the very least when she activated her new one with the same number.
My own experience with prepaid providers is limited, but I don't know any who offer a BlackBerry.

And her concern was more the data than the use of the phone (please correct me if I'm wrong here, taters,) which was disabled at the very least when she activated her new one with the same number. Originally Posted by OldTimeBuddie
Boost carries the Blackberry Curve:

http://www.boostmobilestore.com/bpdi...view&id=BB8530
I sit corrected, geekette.

But the rest of my point still stands.
Katie there are some crazy men out there. I have some pictures of me on the mantle when you walk into my place. As the man was leaving he grabbed my 8 by 10 photo that was in a nice frame and just said I am taking this. Walked out of my apartment and that was it. I was like okay sir. Originally Posted by Tara Evans
Wow, thats crazy, I don't know what I would say if someone did that. I'd be like "umm...no...can you give me that back..." lol

My guess is, he wanted the pic/vids on your phone. Originally Posted by Jasser

And her concern was more the data than the use of the phone (please correct me if I'm wrong here, taters,) which was disabled at the very least when she activated her new one with the same number. Originally Posted by OldTimeBuddie
It wasn't a prepaid phone, it was my personal phone that I also have google voice on. Yeah I think it was probably the pictures, videos, and texts that he wanted. That's more what I was worried about than him using the phone. I suspended the account as soon as he turned it off so it couldn't be tracked. I don't really want him to have my personal info and contacts. It was password protected but I'm sure there are ways around that if he knows what he's doing at all. I think he'll be disappointed with my pics and videos, 90 percent of it was of my pets lol.
I may be mistaken, but if it's a blackberry, with password protection, the only way around it is to set the phone to factory defaults, which would erase your information.
Well, there are ways, and there are ways

But if you had it locked at the time, hunni, I don't think *he'd* be able to do more than brick it -- that's a fairly ... let's call it specialized skill, and not something one could casually pick up off the Interwebz.

OTOH, a four digit password, limited to numbers (as I believe the BB is) is "only" 10,000 combinations, and on average a "brute force" attack will be successful no more than two thirds of the way thru -- less if the hacker knows the target and can make some intelligent guesses about what it *might* be. This is why it should be random, but then it's harder to remember. Information security is a trade off between secure and convenient, always.

So locking your phone is like locking your front door -- it's going to deter the amateurs, but if someone is *determined*, they have learned to pick the lock, or aren't afraid to just break it down.

That's why I recommend smartphones that can be remotely tracked and remotely wiped clean for anyone dealing with information that is in the least sensitive or is concerned about their personal privacy.