Do reference checks actually happen?

Ditto....

I sometimes not call providers for reference check if he has reviews on the board with providers that are well known and always on the board to recognize a false review Originally Posted by Super Head 713
I prefer p411 its take all of the bullshit out of the way. Gina does not stand for any bullshit. I have seen some ladies who dont ask for anything. In fairness, they may have done some things behind the scenes Ladies I do not recommend you use board rep or glancing at reviews as your sole source for screening ijs. Let's call a spade some gents do write fake reviews and it is easy to post " You're so pretty " threads and send pm's stating I think your hot and some thoughts. But in reality the gent might be really crazy ijs
It's almost like going back to the old ways of screening.

But with all that's been said in this thread, none of it is completely foolproof. Originally Posted by kerwil62
Considering the downside of a hostile meeting...not only is it not foolproof, it is foolish.
Guys...read the instructions on the board..

Items to consider go off the page.
Both the provider and the hobbiest face 3 major issues.
1 Ripoffs
2 Violence
3 Busts

Presenting your personal information to someone in the hobby can be a life changing decision.
As a hobbiest, if your personal info gets out...what could you lose..
Job, House, Family, Friends, business, ability to work, investments in education...years of your life gone simply because she gave your info to her pimp.

As a provider, if your personal info gets out....Oh wait a minute...
He doesn't even know your real name... He knows where you work though...right...NOT.!

He's got a cell number and thats it...maybe a hotel room where you stayed under someone elses name...

Guess your pretty safe on that trade...
This is not to make light of the provider safety issues...they are huge.!

Anyone that wants your personal info...just pass...

ijs
L8r
r9
I look at reviews, post activity and how the post activity is spread out - if I see he suddenly became active posting with no reviews - hmmm. Also I do call the references so I can get a HUMAN BEING confirmation , along with P411, Date Check, and my WOMANLY INTUITION. References, if answered are one of the best.
I usually just tell providers to look at my reviews and knock themselves out. I'm not hiding anything.

If they need additional references of people I haven't reviewed (which is far more than I have) then I'll happily provide those as well.

I think the more comfortable the lady is the better off I am. I'm not trying to fool anybody.

I am curious about how many do check, though. Most of the time I'm "referenced" in a matter of minutes. But maybe it's because I've been around so long. I dunno. Has worked out so far. Originally Posted by linux
Very true about the comfortable part.

I use provider references first. I like to make sure that no one is a newbie. I don't accept providers who are on BP or providers who barely have any status. Most of the time the girls reply back. That's why I think p411 is way better because I just see who gives okays and if things look okay then I go for it. p411 is so much easier and safer than screening someone who isn't on it in my opinion...just saying.
Very true about the comfortable part.

... p411 is so much easier and safer than screening someone who isn't on it in my opinion...just saying. Originally Posted by Jemma Martin
For the hobbyist also ...