Why would you vote for Joanne Marie Jorgensen (Libertarian)?

• Tiny
  • 10-01-2020, 12:28 PM
I’ve changed my mind. Contributors like papadee, eccieuser, and oeb who “Get It” may post here.
  • Tiny
  • 10-01-2020, 12:30 PM
This must be all negatives. You are not allowed to say anything or mention Jorgensen. You can't say, she is a goddess. No, your reasoning must be about what makes Trump and Biden not just candidates but worse choices as president. Originally Posted by Tiny
Since the rules have changed, I’ll reply to my OP, "Why would you vote for Joanne Marie Jorgensen."

1. Because she’s not Joe Biden
2. Because she’s not Donald Trump
  • Tiny
  • 10-01-2020, 12:33 PM
9500- is advised not to read as advocating personal freedoms is likely to make DPST heads 'splody" -and include j, 1b1,and garter snake in the list of those supplicants for 'reparations money" from white slavers! Originally Posted by oeb11
You used to see Ron Paul, a Libertarian congressman, and Dennis Kucinich, a leftist Democratic congressman working together on social issues that the major parties wanted to ignore. I suspect eccieuser wholeheartedly agrees with about 50% of the Libertarian Platform, the parts related to individual freedoms. I used to call WTF (may he RIP), another left-of-center poster, a “three-quarters Libertarian.” WTF agrees with Libertarians on deficits as well, and he voted for the Libertarian presidential candidate, Gary Johnson, in the last election.

You and I are bigger believers in mainstream Libertarianism than they are, but we reject parts of the platform too. For example, you don’t believe in open borders. I don’t either, although I’d like to see us promoting immigration of scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs and the like. I believe in a social safety net, although it should be run more efficiently than what we’ve got now. And my enthusiasm for the health care and pension system in Singapore would put me at odds with many hard-core Libertarians.

However, Libertarians, if they could get elected to office, aren’t going to be able to implement so called radical policies, because they’ll never be the majority. Look at Gary Johnson when he was a two-term governor of New Mexico. The majority of people in New Mexico, Democrats and Republicans, thought he did a good job. He was the first governor to be elected to two terms.

The Libertarian Party is head and shoulders above the Democrats and Republicans when it comes to issues like legalization of prostitution, legalization of marijuana, deficits, and a smaller military that would avoid foreign entanglements. The bozos who hold office aren’t going to do the right thing on these issues. Libertarians would.
  • Tiny
  • 10-01-2020, 12:39 PM
I said her platform.. not the party platform. I mean-- I would think I wouldn't need to defend my stance considering Jo herself is for...fully open trade without tarriffs. That alone should send the average Republican running for the hills. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Free trade with no or low tariffs -- That's one of the main reasons Chile's economy outperformed the rest of Latin America's for a long while. And why Singapore today has the highest GDP per capita (adjusted for purchasing power) of any country in the world if you kick out the petro states and a couple of tiny places like Liechtenstein and one petro state (Qatar).
  • oeb11
  • 10-01-2020, 01:17 PM
Tiny - I agree with most all you wrote in the posts above.

Exception - forcing political forum posters to follow 'rules" is next to impossible - even for Mods with power to 'Band"!
other exception -if 'eccieuser' -refers to 9500- his/her/its/ beliefs are much more inline with Stalinist marxism than Libertarianism.

anyone endorsing Maduro - and 9500 does - is clearly out of the mainstream of rational political thought in this world.

IMHO.
Listen chumps, CAN YOU READ? In my OP, I said, “You are not allowed to say anything.” You violated my instructions with your first keystroke. Please leave. Originally Posted by Tiny

Ay!!

Its a SHMB forum, not a dick-- you don't have to take it so hard.
Its a SHMB forum, not a dick-- you don't have to take it so hard. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Ha,
And for that amusing comment, I'll pick up your bar tab at Milliways.
Ha,
And for that amusing comment, I'll pick up your bar tab at Milliways. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter

Cheap bastage-- everyone knows I don't drink
  • Tiny
  • 10-01-2020, 03:04 PM

Exception - forcing political forum posters to follow 'rules" is next to impossible - even for Mods with power to 'Band"! Originally Posted by oeb11
I'm a Libertarian oeb, I don't believe in rules. And this thread was meant as a parody.

Ay!!

Its a SHMB forum, not a dick-- you don't have to take it so hard. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Please check your PM's, for a very sincere apology made to you and Dilbert BEFORE I wrote the offending post. If you look at the original posts in the "Why would you vote for Joe Biden" and "Why would you vote for Donald Trump" threads you'll understand. You've had some of the best posts in the political forum in recent weeks and I enjoy reading them, wherever you decide to post them.
I'm a Libertarian oeb, I don't believe in rules. And this thread was meant as a parody.

Please check your PM's, for a very sincere apology made to you and Dilbert BEFORE I wrote the offending post. If you look at the original posts in the "Why would you vote for Joe Biden" and "Why would you vote for Donald Trump" threads you'll understand. You've had some of the best posts in the political forum in recent weeks and I enjoy reading them, wherever you decide to post them. Originally Posted by Tiny

I read your PM before I posted... if you follow me outside of the political forum, you'll find I have a tendency towards sarcasm and jokes
Where does one apply for membership or is it by invitation only? What are the annual dues? Got any Club perks or a two drink minimum? How's the food in this joint?

I’ve changed my mind. Contributors like papadee, eccieuser, and oeb who “Get It” may post here. Originally Posted by Tiny
  • oeb11
  • 10-01-2020, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11

Exception - forcing political forum posters to follow 'rules" is next to impossible - even for Mods with power to 'Band"!

Tiny - I'm a Libertarian oeb, I don't believe in rules. And this thread was meant as a parody.

oeb11- Understood, I tend to be a 'literalist" at times. Even Libertarians do have some Rules - how to express - perhaps the basic 10 commandments????
I suspect eccieuser wholeheartedly agrees with about 50% of the Libertarian Platform, the parts related to individual freedoms.

The bozos who hold office aren’t going to do the right thing on these issues. Libertarians would. Originally Posted by Tiny

Please check your PM's, for a very sincere apology made to you and Dilbert BEFORE I wrote the offending post.

You've had some of the best posts in the political forum in recent weeks and I enjoy reading them, wherever you decide to post them. Originally Posted by Tiny

I read your PM before I posted... if you follow me outside of the political forum, you'll find I have a tendency towards sarcasm and jokes Originally Posted by Grace Preston
There there . . . .

I've had to check my PMS with Tiny too.

Got any Club perks or a two drink minimum? How's the food in this joint? Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
You're already a member. No two drink minimum perk. (Who asks for perks for the bare minimum?) Tiny is too tight. The food? It's half bad.

Two for Grace.

Tiny, work on your humor.

She's a princess, DAMN IT!
Nonsense-- haven't you read my user title? I'm a patron saint....
Nonsense-- haven't you read my user title? I'm a patron saint.... Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Self appointed?

If she wasn't Jewish, the process would have just been a formality.

Patron saints and how they're chosen

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/98153016

From the earliest days of the Catholic Church, groups of the faithful have chosen particularly holy deceased people to intercede with God on their behalf. Although individuals can still pray directly to God, praying to a patron saint as well is like asking a friend to speak on your behalf.
Please pray for my taint my feiend. I'm having spicy wings watching a surprizingly decent Thursday Night game.

I'd vote for half of J M Jorgy.

Her bottom half.