Here In Texas...

<<<<< staunch Libertarian. Small Government. Free will and The Free Hand.

Libertarian and Conservative are two entirely different beasts Originally Posted by thathottnurse
THN just gets hotter and hotter and righter and righter by the minute.

Those so-called "Conservative" Talk show and News Channel hosts are too freakin' scared of the religious right to mention stupid drug laws and S*X!

And don't even get me started on MADD!

...besides...what would they do if they lost THEIR revenue stream from all of the above!

The conservative right-wingers believe that the gubment should stay out of bidness. You should be free to run your bidness like you see fit.
They do like to legislate morality though.
The conservative right-wingers believe that the gubment should stay out of bidness. You should be free to run your bidness like you see fit.
They do like to legislate morality though. Originally Posted by TheWanderer
And I don't call that being "Conservative". Legislating morality isn't limited/small government by any means. The right wingers are really more fascist than anything.
Political scholars on a hooker board ... Sweet
Political scholars on a hooker board ... Sweet Originally Posted by pyramider
Who else would be here? Remember, the ones who write the law buy more pussy than anybody.
When I was in class for my concealed carry permit I spoke with one of the legislators that helped the concealed carry law in Texas. He told me open carry wasn't considered because
.... the aim was to deter criminals, and if they could see you carrying they would merely choose someone that wasn't carrying.
As far as prostitution being legal....Our state government reflected the social mores or morality or social preferences of the majority of the citizens......White, Southern Baptists and their preferences/sensitivities or ethos. Even though the good church members may be hobbyists, it was kept strictly on the down low, and hush hush.
Texas for a long time was a Blue state.....if memory serves me correctly Bill Clements was the first Republican Governor around 1983
They do like to legislate morality though. Originally Posted by TheWanderer
Politicians will legislate anything they can. It doesn't matter what side of the fence they are on anymore. Democrats legislate their moral agendas like gay marriage and nationalized healthcare while Republicans legistale their moral agendas like the second amendment rights and abortion. They both do it. All of them do it. A politicians main goal these days is job security, to make themselves more necessary.

Thank god they can all agree on prostitution though, eh?