I Won't Be Watching The NFL If This Keeps Up...

The booing during the "moment of unity" was quite telling.

The Miami Dolphins going for the "wokest team" in football, lambasted the NFL, for "empty gestures" and even composed a poem about it. They decided to stay in the locker room to protest, good. Don't take your cryin' asses onto the field until you are ready to play football.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/n...245642920.html

Miami Dolphins players revealed Thursday evening how they will add their voice to the conversation on racial justice and police brutality:
By staying inside the locker room during the national anthem and the playing of “Lift Every Voice And Sing” — the black national anthem — before Sunday’s game against the Patriots.
They did so in a moving video that featured Dolphins players reciting a powerful poem, pointing out injustices in the world and their view of the league’s inadequate response, calling it “fluff and empty gestures.”
The poem, which included verses spoken by team leaders Bobby McCain, Kyle Van Noy, Ted Karras, Christian Wilkins and others — including Dolphins coach Brian Flores:
It is authentic? That’s the mystery.

Or is it just another symbolic victory?
Now there’s two anthems. Do we kneel do we stand.
If we could just right our wrongs we wouldn’t need two songs.
We don’t need another publicity parade.
So we’ll just stay inside until it’s time to play the game. That ought to show them, right?

Whatever happened to the funds that were promised. All of a sudden we got a collapsed pocket?
The bottom line should not be the net profit. You can’t open your heart when it’s controlled by your wallet.
Decals and patches. Fireworks and trumpets. We’re not puppets. Don’t publicize false budgets.
Ask the pundits and we shouldn’t have a say. If you speak up for change, then I’ll shut up and play.
If we remain silent, that would just be selfish. Since they don’t have a voice, we’re speaking up for the helpless.

It’s not enough to act like you care for the troops. Millions for pregame patriotism. You get paid to salute.
Lift every voice and sing? It’s just a way to save face. Lose the mask and stop hiding the real game face.
So if my dad was a soldier, but the cops killed my brother, do I stand for one anthem, and then kneel for the other?
This attempt to unify only creates more divide. So we’ll skip the song and dance. And as a team we’ll stay inside.
We need changed hearts. Not just a response to pressure. Enough. No more fluff and empty gestures.

I know, you are about ready to throw up, right? Go ahead guys, threaten to call off the season if you don't get what you want which is what exactly?

I actually liked this verse:

"So if my dad was a soldier, but the cops killed my brother, do I stand for one anthem, and then kneel for the other?
This attempt to unify only creates more divide. So we’ll skip the song and dance. And as a team we’ll stay inside."

I don't care for the politics, of course, but the public seems to be coalescing around the idea that politics should stay out of sports.
https://deadline.com/2020/09/nfl-rat...bc-1234575251/

Ratings down 16%

Yeah, looks like football is missing some of us.

Folks have asked some pointed questions in this thread. I'm not seeing the some of the usual folks attempting a specific answer.
The booing during the "moment of unity" was quite telling.

Originally Posted by gfejunkie
Totally agree. If they had stood in unity to fight breast cancer, no one would’ve booed. Stand against racism and for equality, white folks boo. That says a lot I think.
  • oeb11
  • 09-11-2020, 03:14 PM
1b1 says 'white folks boo' - how does it know??
that is racism itself - and black privilege on display - 1b1!

another welfare baby waiting for the 'reparations' train to hop on

Grow up - and realize the DPST racist marxists have you enslaved on the racia lidentity plantation.

'social justice' is a SCAM without any substance to improve america.

It is about keeping black peoples enslaved on the DPST political plantation.
Quote where I’ve ever asked or suggested anything about reparations. I’m pretty sure I’ve not used the term social justice either but feel free to find a quote.
1b1, if you are not pro Trump, you are just going to get called names to fit their narrative. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Anyway, I'll be watching my NBA, NFL and college football games like I have always done since I was a kid.
It's great to have football back but all the race virtue signaling and back slapping during last nights Texan/Chiefs game was just nauseating. Every free moment there was some type of "end racism" message. The announcers stressed it (fuck Collingsworth), the NFL commercials stressed it, and they even showed messages on the players helmets and around the stadium.

The average white fan is tired of being called a racist. It's like a few years ago when Ray Rice knocked his wife out, how everyone got tired of being called a "wife abuser." Bullshit. Ray Rice knocked his wife out, not me. I don't need to be reminded every 7 minutes how domestic abuse is wrong by Peyton Manning.

So what team is Colin Kapernick on? What are the demands other than "end systemic racism?" How is that going to be achieved?Let's start by looking at the boards of your advertisers. Please trot out the BoD of Apple and Google first.

About 25 years ago there was a tremendous push in corporate America for "Diversity." All types of programs where I worked. It mainly benefited white women and gays/lesbians. These programs should have matriculated up blacks and other minorities by now. What happend?

Why should the NFL care? Because a few criminals were killed by white cops and it was captured on camera? Are we going to stop the season every time there is a police shooting? It appears some are even reviewing shootings from months and years past.

Does anyone know that one biracial player recently signed a HALF A BILLION dollar contract? Don't get me wrong, I'm not crying for a bunch of rich white owners who conned local govts to build monstrously expensive stadiums to be used 10-12 times a year. I'm glad to see their team's value go down hundreds of millions of dollars.

I watch the NFL to be entertained, not to be lectured or sent on some guilt trip. Stop the crap and play ball. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Don’t watch it and stop your whining. I’m sure the NFL will do fine without you racist bigots. It’s you that’s the problem together with that hate monger in the WH. He hates the NFL too after the owners blocked him buying a NFL team. They didn’t want him Or any of his criminal element in their group.
Totally agree. If they had stood in unity to fight breast cancer, no one would’ve booed. Stand against racism and for equality, white folks boo. That says a lot I think. Originally Posted by 1blackman1

so all of these blacks were completely innocent, right? jacob black wasn't a suspect in a sexual assault? didn't violate a restraining order? wasn't suspected of car theft? didn't resist arrest?

is that your opinion? notice i'm not claiming it's your opinion, but i will ask you if it is.
  • oeb11
  • 09-11-2020, 06:31 PM
Black privilege and reparations - the OBLM narrative!
And - Marxism and gay communes.

what would MLK Jr think of them????
Totally agree. If they had stood in unity to fight breast cancer, no one would’ve booed. Stand against racism and for equality, white folks boo. That says a lot I think. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
They want much more than just equality. They want special considerations, apologies, and revenge.
so all of these blacks were completely innocent, right? jacob black wasn't a suspect in a sexual assault? didn't violate a restraining order? wasn't suspected of car theft? didn't resist arrest?

is that your opinion? notice i'm not claiming it's your opinion, but i will ask you if it is. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Nothing you’re asking has anything at all to do with white people booing at a football game where people people are standing United against racism.
They want much more than just equality. They want special considerations, apologies, and revenge. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Who is They? I’m sure football players would be satisfied with equality. They’re rich so revenge, special considerations and all the other Fox News Breitbart OANN foolery many of you are stuck on is likely nonexistent for them.

The real issue is that many of you and others like you can’t even accept that blacks in the US are subject to discrimination. It’s easier for you to believe whites are discriminated against.
This is gonna be a great 20 weeks of football. Blacks and whites standing together against racism. Signs all over with constant reminders that blacks after centuries in the country stil lack equality. The right of players to protest inequality, police brutality unabridged. I’ll enjoy every game I get to watch.

Hopefully they’ll carry it through to college football as well.

Will make doe some good weekends.