Tom Cotten wants to boycott the Olympics coming up in China

I think it is evident that our local Liberal Faction is all in for China. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Wrong. In for just one Chinese woman who said "me too".
We're living Idiocy the movie I'm done
In my mind ( such as it is ) the best solution would be to encourage Americans to stop buying Chinese products that don't interfere with our national security interests. If China takes Taiwan, we won't have much choice as to who we buy computer chips and rare earth minerals from but we sure as hell don't need to be buying toys and tee-shirts etc. and we don't need to travel to China to look at a stone wall.

We are literally sending money to China to support their military and economic ambitions to destroy America. Just how stupid are we?

I support the decision of the WTA ( Women's Tennis Association ) saying they will not be sending their athletes to China and losing millions of dollars in the process. If only the NBA had the balls of the WTA.

No more of this, let's play nice with China bullshit but leave government out of it as much as possible. Leave it to the people with a good deal of information and encouragement not to help China destroy America.
What we have is a state sponsored economic war. China is ahead of the game. Folks whining about other issues are sadly missing the boat.

Omg, did I just agree with HF?
What we have is a state sponsored economic war. China is ahead of the game. Folks whining about other issues are sadly missing the boat.

Omg, did I just agree with HF? Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter

It's called "seeing the light" or for the more religious, a "come to Jesus moment". Sorry, couldn't resist but it does suggest that THIS is a subject we should all agree on if we all have common sense and are paying attention but one day on this board, one day in the real world suggest we have a long way to go to get to this common ground on such an easy topic.
  • WTF
  • 12-03-2021, 11:22 AM
I think it is evident that our local Liberal Faction is all in for China. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I'm all in for free trade.

I do not want our government telling me what I can and can not buy.

I have no problem with education and changing views but some then call that government control.

Adam Smith. Invisible Hand. My vote.

Evidently many of you have never run a business or sold good in this country...the majority of shoppers gravitate to lower prices all things being equal.

So this pollyanna view that "Hopefully our consumers will magically start buying expensive American made goods for the "common good" sounds like a pipe dream and frankly anti capitalism.
I'm all in for free trade.

I do not want our government telling me what I can and can not buy.

I have no problem with education and changing views but some then call that government control.

Adam Smith. Invisible Hand. My vote.

Evidently many of you have never run a business or sold good in this country...the majority of shoppers gravitate to lower prices all things being equal.

So this pollyanna view that "Hopefully our consumers will magically start buying expensive American made goods for the "common good" sounds like a pipe dream and frankly anti capitalism. Originally Posted by WTF
Like I said before. We have sold our integrity as a Democratic Republic for cheap I Phones.

I think we should let Countries like Taiwan defend themselves. It wouldn’t hurt to furnish them with a few weapons, say around eleven 1 megaton Nukes, and the means to deliver them.

They can just tell President for Life Xi that when he decides to bring his troops across the sea, he can expect to have several of China’s largest cities turned into ash and rubble.

There should be some small price to pay for furthering Chairman Mao’s dream of a United Thugocracy, uh, sorry, I meant to say China.
  • WTF
  • 12-03-2021, 02:07 PM
Like I said before. We have sold our integrity as a Democratic Republic for cheap I Phones.

I think we should let Countries like Taiwan defend themselves. It wouldn’t hurt to furnish them with a few weapons, say around eleven 1 megaton Nukes, and the means to deliver them.

They can just tell President for Life Xi that when he decides to bring his troops across the sea, he can expect to have several of China’s largest cities turned into ash and rubble.

There should be some small price to pay for furthering Chairman Mao’s dream of a United Thugocracy, uh, sorry, I meant to say China. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Now you know what Saddam wanted them!

Should we just give them to all countries so others countries would mind their own business and borders?
People think inflation is too high in our country now. What the fuck do you think it would be like if we didn't have China to make so many of our products here in the states and everything was made in America. Do you think the producers are going to pay for that increase in labor and material costs themselves or do you think they are going to pass that burden onto the consumers to keep their margins steady?

Bitch all you want about China, but we need them just as much (if not more) than they need us. They know it and so do the powers that be here in the states know it as well. I haven't bothered to look at any of the labels of anything in my house, but I would bet every cent that I have that most of that shit was made in China - from my phones, computers, clothes, TVs, Covid (sorry, had to jokingly include that) and anything else you can think of all the way down to my sneakers.
.... Don't forget your soul...

### Salty
People think inflation is too high in our country now. What the fuck do you think it would be like if we didn't have China to make so many of our products here in the states and everything was made in America. Do you think the producers are going to pay for that increase in labor and material costs themselves or do you think they are going to pass that burden onto the consumers to keep their margins steady?

Bitch all you want about China, but we need them just as much (if not more) than they need us. They know it and so do the powers that be here in the states know it as well. I haven't bothered to look at any of the labels of anything in my house, but I would bet every cent that I have that most of that shit was made in China - from my phones, computers, clothes, TVs, Covid (sorry, had to jokingly include that) and anything else you can think of all the way down to my sneakers. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain

So sneakers trump ( no pun intended ) genocide and the likelihood that in the coming years China will dominate the world both economically and militarily.

Those must be some damn good sneakers. And yeah, I'll continue to bitch about China to my last breath.
  • WTF
  • 12-03-2021, 04:48 PM
.... Don't forget your soul...

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
I do not understand how buying the most efficient product made...is selling your soul.

I'm just asking.

Not being a smartass
So HF, you are in support of higher prices for just about everything. Someone like me isn’t bothered by the increases that would come but if I understand about 11 threads in this forum from the last 2-3 months, inflation has sent people to the poor house paying for gas and groceries and ruined Christmas. If we boycott China, we can really see prices skyrocket.

You know as well as I that even supporting that on more than paper and in rhetoric would be political suicide. If you think otherwise, I’ll await politicians leading the charge.
Fuck the boycott.

Nuke those bastards! Let a few nukes "MISS" their target? snick and hit north korea! oops

Bitch all you want about China, but we need them just as much (if not more) than they need us. They know it and so do the powers that be here in the states know it as well. I haven't bothered to look at any of the labels of anything in my house, but I would bet every cent that I have that most of that shit was made in China - from my phones, computers, clothes, TVs, Covid (sorry, had to jokingly include that) and anything else you can think of all the way down to my sneakers. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
We can all shine each other’s shoes or flip each other’s hamburgers.

That is just the kids with college degrees. Those that have real skills will be doing jobs that you can’t farm out to the China Man.

https://eccie.net/attachment.php?att...1&d=1638579269
Attached Images File Type: jpeg 0B4670EB-313E-4000-B75C-6CE2BE41BB35.jpeg (108.7 KB, 21 views)