Any chance the rules will be relaxed now?

Me thinks people worry too much about nothing.
Ask someone who is gone... Originally Posted by Wakeup
Oh ...so then he can PM a person who is currently banned and ask him?

There’s nothing in the rules that answer it. I thought it was a reasonable question.
He is certainly free to send a banned member a PM and ask them...when he receives a response to that PM might answer his question. Otherwise, there are always other ways to contact a member here other than via PM.

You’re correct, the published guidelines say nothing about this situation...and that matters how?
Just because it doesn’t matter to you doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter to someone else. After all the question was asked.

And my follow up remarks were also helpful. I’ve been here for years and I didn’t know that a banned member still had PM privileges. That is good to know and like you said there isn’t anything in the rules that cover it.

I personally would like to contact a banned member just to see why he/she was banned, learn from it, find out when they’re coming back, and to just ask how they’re doing.

Blah blah blah
Just because it doesn’t matter to you doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter to someone else. After all the question was asked.

And my follow up remarks were also helpful. I’ve been here for years and I didn’t know that a banned member still had PM privileges. That is good to know and like you said there isn’t anything in the rules that cover it.

I personally would like to contact a banned member just to see why he/she was banned, learn from it, find out when they’re coming back, and to just ask how they’re doing.

Blah blah blah Originally Posted by TheDaliLama

Don't know how a banned member would reply to you as they can't log in.
Don't know how a banned member would reply to you as they can't log in. Originally Posted by bamscram
Did the days that the site was down count towards your suspension?
I’ve been here for years and I didn’t know that a banned member still had PM privileges. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
I’ve been here for years and I still don’t know that...in fact I know exactly the opposite.

I personally would like to contact a banned member just to see why he/she was banned, learn from it, find out when they’re coming back, and to just ask how they’re doing. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Feel free. I’m sure you’ll get answers to all your questions...at some time...
I’ve been here for years and I still don’t know that...in fact I know exactly the opposite.

Feel free. I’m sure you’ll get answers to all your questions...at some time... Originally Posted by Wakeup
You spend more time not answering a question than you would have if you just answering it.
“Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime”

Unfortunately, “You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.”
“Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime”

Unfortunately, “You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.” Originally Posted by Wakeup
That's really deep. Can I use that?
Why do you need my permission? Is there some reason you think you couldn’t?
Ask someone who is gone... Originally Posted by Wakeup
I don't know how to contact them.
That very much sounds like a personal problem...

Blah blah blah Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
That sounds sensible to me.
That sounds sensible to me. Originally Posted by friendly fred
“You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.”