What was the best tip or gift you ever gave or received?

A hobbyist of mine made me the best butter chicken ever. I'm kind of like a man that way... Way to my heart is through my stomach.
Being a collector of Marilyn Monroe items, a client brought me a bottle of 1999 Marilyn Merlot to add to my wine collection.
Gave a former ATF a $700.00 diamond tennis bracelet, not bragging just the facts.
The best and only gift that matters is each and every time one graces me with their presence. Thank you Gentlemen! (Ladies too!)

Love & Light,

MaryMagdalene
I guess I'm the only one that bought a few cars for different ladies. I'm kidding but I was expecting something like that.
A hobbyist of mine made me the best butter chicken ever. I'm kind of like a man that way... Way to my heart is through my stomach. Originally Posted by Shayla

Hmm what is butter chicken?
Best tip ever:

I once told a provider "don't smoke in bed"!!
Best tip ever:

I once told a provider "don't smoke in bed"!! Originally Posted by Ed Highlight
Hmm what is butter chicken? Originally Posted by rrabbit6926
Probably the most popular east indian dish ever. If you're not a curry/spice fan I don't recommend it.
Probably the most popular east indian dish ever. If you're not a curry/spice fan I don't recommend it. Originally Posted by Shayla
I love curried/spicy dishes from the region of the world. My aunt spent several years in (what is now) Bangladesh, and to this day, when I visit, will cook it like the natives.
The best non-monetary tip? I can't say whether it was "the best" or not but in '03 I spent Christmas Eve afternoon with a lady. I knew her well enough to know that she had small children and during the afternoon, as we discussed gifts and wrapping and assembling toys, etc. she mentioned that she hadn't had time to go to the grocery store. I sent over an order of holiday groceries that evening from a service. She seemed to be very grateful. (I'm sure the kids were since nearly everything I sent was loaded with sugar!) Originally Posted by JDNorthface

That's so thoughtful! It reminds of when I was at a hotel to visit a client which is miles from anywhere to shop (for food) and they turned up with enjoyable, useful things like fruit and a 12 pack of water (Dallas Galleria).
Leah, that is one thing I miss from being a provider! I had a beautiful wine cellar donated by some very generous clients. I loved sharing my bottles with good friends.

biggeorge, that is very generous.... my main digital body I still shoot with was gifted from a regular right before I retired. He told me to have fun with it and make some money with it..... I still use it on a weekly basis.

JD, that is awesome that you could help be "Santa" as well as spend some quality time.

I have never forgotten the generosity of others in this little world.... Originally Posted by RevivalPinups
Yes it makes all the difference. Gosh, I never thought of having a whole wine cellar, I just have a few bottles here and there! Maybe it'd be too tempting anyhow.

Personally I would love a gift of a more advanced digital camera, is that what started you off as a photographer?
  • Old-T
  • 01-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Amazing how well received a little thoughtfulness can be
... I'm kind of like a man that way... Way to my heart is through my stomach. Originally Posted by Shayla
OK, but only in that way, right?
I take providers at their word: tips are never required but always appreciated.

I generally tip. My tip generally reflects what the average discount is from those who do give discounts. But I do not like to give cash, so the lady gets an item I bought specifically for her. She probably doesn't care, though, because I'm getting a pig in a poke. I've never met the lady, so I have no idea about her likes and dislikes. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I guess that's where preferences on a website could come in useful.

I did have one (regular) client who paid me partly in gift cards once, I thought that was really cheeky of him to do. But that was just before the Xmas before the last and I gave the Barnes and Noble card to a friend I particularly appreciated (and I would have loved to have used that one myself), and kept the American Express one for myself.

So to get to the point - I do think gift cards could be a fun way to gift someone you don't know too well.

I've usually mentioned on my websites that I love good wine and champagne so it's been easy to please me that way.