How do we fix the economy?

You know what I hate, I hate it when one side accuses the other of waste, fraud and abuse. I know that LM was responding to this because JG said conservatives are against waste, fraud and abuse, but you see these statements all the time and its really pretty stupid. For every Republican who is guilty of one of these issues there is a Democrat, none worse than the other, both parties equally guilty. How can we expect our government to work in a bi-partison manner if we cannot even do it in our discussions. You know, sometimes, Democrats have good ideas and sometimes Republicans do as well. Isnt it time to begin judging the idea on its merrits, rather than its political oritentation. I have some ideas which would be considered very conservative, I also have ideas which would be considered ultra liberal. Which one does that make me? Isnt it time we stopped basing our political ideologies against the back drop of Sean Hanity, Rush Linbuagh, Chris Matthews, Keith Oberman, CNN and FOX news, why do we allow them to dictate what a conservative is or what a liberal is. Isnt it time for reasonable men to make reasonable decisions based on the needs of the country, rather than making our decisions fall within the "box" of ideology that is dicated to us by the self proclaimed leaders of the conservative or liberal movements.

Well I am done with my rant, this is not the America I knew when I was growing up, in some ways this is good (improved racial equality) and in someways its bad (increased intolerance, anger and selfishness) a key part of the American dream is gone and that is the part where people were willing to sacrafice their own beliefs for the good of America as a whole.
You know, sometimes, Democrats have good ideas and sometimes Republicans do as well....I have some ideas which would be considered very conservative, I also have ideas which would be considered ultra liberal. Which one does that make me? Originally Posted by dirty dog
DD, I would like your opinion on those ideas that Democrats have that you believe are good ideas; I would also like to hear your opinion on those ideas that Republicans have that you believe are good ideas. I would also like to know your own ideas as well. Several of us have expressed our opinions regarding the ideas of both sides, but at least we all stand for something. All we have heard from you are lamentations as a Rodney King wanna be.

Express your ideas...be part of the solution.
Well first Mr. Fritz, I would state that I was speaking in generalities with regard to ideas and not specifically directed toward the economy. Are you telling me that no democrat has ever had a good idea, nor any republicans, your problem is you are so boxed in by your ideology you refuse to look at any idea other than yours as right. As for my ideas on the economy, I expressed them very early in the thread, its about jobs and job creation. You dont stand for anything other than to represent an opposit view, just as they dont. You know you dont have to be a fascist to have a conservative view point, nor do you have to be a left wing tree hugger to be a liberal to suggest otherwise is just a representation of the level of ignorence from which you are coming from. Your comment about Rodney king should at least be funny, it wasnt, it was however an example of just how silly your position has become. In closing your the only person who has expressed disagreement with what I have stated, could it be the left is not as far gone as you ultra rightwing zealots, from your example of the GOP you would like to see:

Makes fun of dead people
Thinks having "Fuck you Obama" in your tag line is appropriate.
Believes that no democrat has ever had a good idea
Expresses a viewpoint of intolerance

If these are the examples of what a good conservative should be, then I would rather not be one. You know I grow tired of arguing with you regarding politics. You can hate Obama and all you believe he stands for until it warms you to the soul, this intolerate mindset of the conservative party is what got the one you hate so much elected. See the difference between you and me is I want to see whats best for this country, not a party. You are willing to sacrafice Americans future for a win right now. The fact that you are willing to disregard any idea before the ideas merrits have been investigated simple because an idea comes from a Democrat is the same mindset we have now on bothsides, how is that working for ya, I will tell you for me, it does not appear its working so hot. I am done with this topic, we can agree to disagree. The fact that you think being willing to listen to the othersides ideas makes me a man with nothing I am willing to stand for is in itself ignorent and not worthy of further discussion.
I guess some people can't understand the difference between conservatives and republicans.

Bang! Kill that straw man...
Errr...the United States has two major political parties. The one that could be described as conservative is the Republican party. As a self-described conservative that claims to be somehow different than a Republican, the issue can be settled by answering the question, "Who did you vote for?" in the last few elections. Did you vote for Obama? Did you vote for Bill Clinton? I doubt it. I doubt that you voted for many independent or third party candidates, either. My guess is you voted a Republican line ticket every time.

So claim to be a Tea Partiest, independent, conservative, libertarian, or whatever...but we all know that you voted for George W. Bush and Dick Cheney TWICE! You're a Republican.
Errr...the United States has two major political parties. The one that could be described as conservative is the Republican party. As a self-described conservative that claims to be somehow different than a Republican, the issue can be settled by answering the question, "Who did you vote for?" in the last few elections. Did you vote for Obama? Did you vote for Bill Clinton? I doubt it. I doubt that you voted for many independent or third party candidates, either. My guess is you voted a Republican line ticket every time.

So claim to be a Tea Partiest, independent, conservative, libertarian, or whatever...but we all know that you voted for George W. Bush and Dick Cheney TWICE! You're a Republican. Originally Posted by Longermonger
Who is this directed to?