The Winter Olympics: Comedy or Tragedy?

At least we officically declare the Olympics.
Really, the US Olympic team is not of interest to the country? Is that what you're really saying? Consider how much has been squandered on "green" energy, you know, tax payer money. It would cost so little to protect our people and there is a history of it. What happened (B.O. before Obama) when a country went down the drain? Why the US military showed up to protect any citizen and help them leave the country. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
GodDAMN, dipshit. It's a fucking snowboard. It's a fucking figure skating show! It's women in spandex with perfect asses sweating heavily on a cross country course!

Lighten the fuck up for once and enjoy sports!

Next!
On a side note, why didn't anyone think to rent a couple of Princess Cruise ships to port in Sochi to provide housing for the athletes and their families? Too far outside the box? Sure make security easier with undercover Delta and Seals providing security. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Not possible for athletes, they are required to stay in the Village. Families sure. However how do you plan on getting the Delta and Seals equipment and guns into Russia? Russians might have something to say about that.

Note that it is normal for countries that take this serious to have their own food and water lockers for their athletes.
For anyone who doesn't remember....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_...hostage_crisis

The Beslan school hostage crisis (also referred to as the Beslan school siege or Beslan massacre)[2][3][4] started the first of September 2004, lasted three days and involved the capture of over 1,100 people as hostages (including 777 children),[5] ending with the death of over 380 people. The crisis began when a group of armed Islamic separatist militants, mostly Ingush and Chechen, occupied School Number One (SNO) in the town of Beslan, North Ossetia (an autonomous republic in the North Caucasus region of the Russian Federation) on 1 September 2004. The hostage-takers were the Riyadus-Salikhin Battalion, sent by the Chechen separatist warlord Shamil Basayev, who demanded recognition of the independence of Chechnya at the UN and Russian withdrawal from Chechnya. On the third day of the standoff, Russian security forces entered the building with the use of tanks, incendiary rockets and other heavy weapons.[6] At least 334 hostages were killed as a result of the crisis, including 186 children,[7][8] with a significant number of people injured and reported missing.

The event led to security and political repercussions in Russia; most notably it contributed to a series of federal government reforms consolidating power in the Kremlin and strengthening of the powers of the President of Russia.[9] As of 2011, aspects of the crisis in relation to the militants remain contentious: Questions remain regarding how many militants were involved, the nature of their preparations and whether a section of the group had escaped. Questions about the Russian government's management of the crisis have also persisted, including allegations of disinformation and censorship in news media, whether the journalists who were present at Beslan were allowed to freely report on the crisis,[10] the nature and content of negotiations with the militants, allocation of responsibility for the eventual outcome, and perceptions that excessive force was used.

Putin/Clinton 2016!
Not possible for athletes, they are required to stay in the Village. Families sure. However how do you plan on getting the Delta and Seals equipment and guns into Russia? Russians might have something to say about that.

Note that it is normal for countries that take this serious to have their own food and water lockers for their athletes. Originally Posted by BigLouie

You don't think very clearly do you? Security stays on the ship. This is not a vacation but an assignment. They would also not be in a standard US military uniform. However, if the shit did hit the fan and the Russians needed help, they would have the equipment. Since they stay on the ship, the weapons are not in Russia.

So you do have some sense about the food and water. So why not a ship. That is a real big storage locker. Maybe you're just afraid of the water.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...104556137.html

Olympic bobsledder does what he has to do.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

What the fuck is wrong with you JDIdiot?

Again, what's the point? That you HATE everything? I can't remember any Olympics going by the book. If you think this is a clusterfuck, wait until Rio.

Let the fuckers ski, for Christ's sake! You want a war with Russia? With TEARISTS? With the badass figure skaters from Andorra?

What a fucking idiot!
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...104556137.html

Olympic bobsledder does what he has to do.

Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
What would you have done JD? Sat in there and cried till someone rescued you?
I'm more of an engineer. The hinges are on the inside. They would be my target, if that failed, then I have the upper body strength to challenge a Russian door.
I'm more of an engineer. The hinges are on the inside. They would be my target, if that failed, then I have the upper body strength to challenge a Russian door. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
YOU ARE THE OLYMPIC IDEAL!

Jesus Christ on a crutch, JDIdiot. You should be leading our Olympic delegation!

I'm more of an engineer. The hinges are on the inside. They would be my target, if that failed, then I have the upper body strength to challenge a Russian door. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Your scoffing reminds me of the ship's store. Standing in line the operator suddenly shut the place down and closed the folding gate. When he came back I had pulled the hinge pins and folded the door back open with just the tools I had in my pockets.
what a fucking man you are. Or is that, are you fucking men, what?
Boring................

Anyone notice how NBC is ignoring the total failure of the games so far ?????

Unsold tickets, empty seats, poor venues, overall dismal facilities....

A good reason to move the games to once every 7 years......