Any Diabetics in the house?

Most diabetics (and other unhealthy lifestyles) are Democrats. Personal responsibility is a conservative ideology. Those who practice it are less likely to have health problems, including diabetes. Sure, there are unhealthy people on the right. But most unhealthy people are on the left who practice unhealthy lifestyles and rely on their doctor for big pharma meds whenever they get sick. It's a downward spiral that most will never break free of.
Most diabetics (and other unhealthy lifestyles) are Democrats. Personal responsibility is a conservative ideology. Those who practice it are less likely to have health problems, including diabetes. Sure, there are unhealthy people on the right. But most unhealthy people are on the left who practice unhealthy lifestyles and rely on their doctor for big pharma meds whenever they get sick. It's a downward spiral that most will never break free of. Originally Posted by Cheap Charlie
That’s some real crazy bullshit there, CC.

Never seen Diabetes couched in those terms, and I’ve read a little bit about the disease. OK maybe more than a little bit.

I’ll leave the point by point clarification to others, but for now, I applaud your creativity! You have found a way to cut through the din of this forum and ascended to a whole new level of je ne c’est quoi.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahats off!
Most diabetics (and other unhealthy lifestyles) are Democrats. Personal responsibility is a conservative ideology. Those who practice it are less likely to have health problems, including diabetes. Sure, there are unhealthy people on the right. But most unhealthy people are on the left who practice unhealthy lifestyles and rely on their doctor for big pharma meds whenever they get sick. It's a downward spiral that most will never break free of. Originally Posted by Cheap Charlie
Yeah, Republicans are definitely less susceptible to get diabetes than Democrats. They have much better eating habits and are more likely to be healthy and physically fit. As you can see below, those are definitely blue states so sucks for them for having a higher probability of getting diabetes per capita and needing insulin than red states. Oh wait, my bad. Sometimes I get red and blue mixed up. LOL

Here are the 10 states with the highest rates of obesity:

Mississippi (40.80%)
West Virginia (39.70%)
Arkansas (37.40%)
Oklahoma (36.80%)
Kentucky (36.50%)
Tennessee (36.50%)
Alabama (36.10%)
Michigan (36.00%)
Louisiana (35.90%)
South Carolina (35.40%)
Wonder who’ll be the first to support/defend your position, Charlie?

LMAO!
Yeah, Republicans are definitely less susceptible to get diabetes than Democrats. They have much better eating habits and are more likely to be healthy and physically fit. As you can see below, those are definitely blue states so sucks for them for having a higher probability of getting diabetes per capita and needing insulin than red states. Oh wait, my bad. Sometimes I get red and blue mixed up. LOL

Here are the 10 states with the highest rates of obesity:

Mississippi (40.80%)
West Virginia (39.70%)
Arkansas (37.40%)
Oklahoma (36.80%)
Kentucky (36.50%)
Tennessee (36.50%)
Alabama (36.10%)
Michigan (36.00%)
Louisiana (35.90%)
South Carolina (35.40%) Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
Those are also the states with the lowest percentage of GMO clot shot participants. So yeah, they will outlive everyone else. You know a southern man gotta put some bacon grease in everything. Gives it flavor. I bet the rifleman put a little bacon grease in his cuisine. You know he did.
To answer the OP’s question……..loaded with pork.
Wrong.
It's not about member's personal health.
Since this is a thread about member's personal health issues, I expect the OP to get a sanction for every response. He violated the rules, don't you know. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
To answer the OP’s question……..loaded with pork. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Anything specific?

Or did you just spin a wheel and come up with a conservative talking point?
It looks like Rick Scott is trying to do something about this:

https://twitter.com/SenRickScott/sta...07921413005312

Why won't Democrats vote on this issue in a standalone bill? Originally Posted by Tiny
FAIRNESS
Drug companies CANNOT charge American consumers more for prescription drugs than they charge consumers in other industrialized nations like Great Britain, Canada or Germany. There is no reason why U.S. pharmaceutical companies sell drugs to people in foreign countries far cheaper than what they charge Americans. This provision would sunset after 5 years.

That’s the only part of what Rick proposed that’d make any difference. Has he put this forth as legislation. This issue existed when Republicans were in control, was it proposed then? See that’s the thing about politics, posting something on your website and actually writing legislation are two different things. Rick Scott has never and likely will never put pen to paper and write legislation that accomplishes this simple goal. He should and it should be voted on, but he won’t and it won’t. And why sunset such a provision.

But Tiny you know this already. So I guess your question was rhetorical.

7 Repubs voted with Dems but not enough of them.
It wasn't about pork.
It wasn't about green.

"A proposal that limits the monthly cost of insulin to $35 for Medicare patients was left untouched. But using a parliamentary rule, GOP lawmakers were able to jettison the part of the proposal that would apply to privately insured patients.

The states with the highest mortality rates;
West Virginia
Mississippi
Louisiana
Arkansas
Oklahoma
Anything specific?

Or did you just spin a wheel and come up with a conservative talking point? Originally Posted by Mistershark
Understanding that Bills are always loaded with pork is not a conservative or liberal issue.

Both parties do it.

Complaints arise when it goes over the top or steps on somebodies toes.
Since this is a thread about member's personal health issues, I expect the OP to get a sanction for every response. He violated the rules, don't you know. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
What a reach, even for you JD.

You know what to do, if you haven’t already done so.

Your accusation is wrong, no rules weee broken and you’ve leveled another uncalled for rude attack on another member.

Talk about violations! You seem to be collecting them these days, eh?

HAHAHAHAHAHSSHSHSHSHAHSHAG
  • Tiny
  • 08-10-2022, 05:08 PM
FAIRNESS
Drug companies CANNOT charge American consumers more for prescription drugs than they charge consumers in other industrialized nations like Great Britain, Canada or Germany. There is no reason why U.S. pharmaceutical companies sell drugs to people in foreign countries far cheaper than what they charge Americans. This provision would sunset after 5 years.

That’s the only part of what Rick proposed that’d make any difference. Has he put this forth as legislation. This issue existed when Republicans were in control, was it proposed then? See that’s the thing about politics, posting something on your website and actually writing legislation are two different things. Rick Scott has never and likely will never put pen to paper and write legislation that accomplishes this simple goal. He should and it should be voted on, but he won’t and it won’t. And why sunset such a provision.

But Tiny you know this already. So I guess your question was rhetorical. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
Damn I spent about 20 minutes trying to shred your argument. But I just Googled "insulin" and see that apparently the GOP did block lower prices. Looks like I'm eating crow.
I think the notion of keeping pharma prices high to encourage more R&D is about as far away from “America First” as it could be.

The US is currently paying for that R&D by overpaying compared with the rest of the world’s health systems. Not to mention seven figure salaries for pharmacy Execs.

How could any conservative oppose something that puts America first?

BTW — Type 1 Diabetes = insulin. Not related to lifestyle choices.

Type 2 Diabetes = medications like SGLT2 inhibitors. Not insulin. And influenced by lifestyle.

The difference is huge.
Wrong.
It's not about member's personal health.
Originally Posted by VerySkeptical
I'm a diabetic and it is about my personal health. I expect the moderator to do his (or her) duty.