Who Makes a Killer Margarita on The West Side?

Since you are from South Texas, I'm sure you must have had the real thing at Trevino's in Reynosa. Originally Posted by Oralist
Yes and ritas and frog legs from Blancos in Progresso.

IIRC, There was a fountain on the patio at Trevino's of a boy (angel?)....with the water streaming from his penis. Do you remember that? Or was I too drunk.

In my earlier years, I was allowed to have "1" and I would have the same drink as my grandfather. He drank vodka collins and also IIRC they added the red liquid from the cherry jar to make it red and cherry like. You could upgrade the vodka to the stronger of the Oso brands. I remember collecting the bears from the necklace on the bottles.

When he was not on the trip, I had a rita....same as my mother.
edit: double post due to slow interwebs.
You weren't too drunk. Yes, patio in the back. I only had frog legs at the original Cadillac Bar in Laredo (Long gone). My Dad used to have the Valley as his sales territory. Introduced me to Trevino's. Great margaritas and tequila sours.
You weren't too drunk. Yes, patio in the back. I only had frog legs at the original Cadillac Bar in Laredo (Long gone). My Dad used to have the Valley as his sales territory. Introduced me to Trevino's. Great margaritas and tequila sours. Originally Posted by Oralist
Yes....the patio in the back. We sat back there always....I remember the inside to be as dark as a dungeon. For those who don't know....you couldn't see out of the patio.... IIRC. It too was dungeon....but with sunshine.

Now that you say it. My first rita was likely at the Cadillac Bar.....along with an order of very simple but perfectly toasted cheese nachos....on a thick plate. Fresh tortillas with the old-timey pats of butter that were shipped sandwiched between two squares of wax paper.

I'm hungry.....and thirsty. I'm heading to the street.

I haven't had a margarita since...... last night.
Molinas.

Oralist has the right recipe. Making one now. If you want it a bit sweeter use aguave nectar, not sugar.