This is what the Leftists have wrought

Thank you for confirming your usual approach, J.
I agree it has gone on ever since we had stores lol but..... it has gotten way worse in the past 3 years to the point some many stores are closing their doors and moving out of the cities..... I think u could agree with that tommy Originally Posted by chizzy
This is one of the many reasons why San Francisco and some other leftist run cities have become such shitholes

It is why business are closing and leaving these shithole cities
Those employees should be armed. If I owned a store I’d buy the employees all a Glock and training lessons. Drop one of these losers and the shoplifting would stop instantly. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Lol. You can't murder someone for shoplifting, ffs. Unless, of course, you don't mind spending 5 years or so behind bars.

And if it's true that "more guns make us safer", we'd be the safest country on earth. We're nowhere close to being that.
I'd say a 5 year acceleration, Chizzy. Including lockdown.

https://commercialobserver.com/2023/...n-legislation/ Originally Posted by HDGristle
Yes, at least a 5 year acceleration, from even before lockdown. Which puts the beginning of this disturbing trend around 2018. Y'all can't blame Biden and "the crazy ass leftists" for that. But somehow, some of you will still try.

Also, funny that some of you think Biden is a "leftist". He's almost entirely centrist, by definition.
https://nypost.com/2022/01/22/why-sh...ill-get-worse/ Originally Posted by chizzy
That is a good article that helps explain why the Crazy Ass Leftists are responsible for this mess

Their defunding the police, elimination of cash bail, soft on crime DAs, changing the laws on retail theft - all policies pushed by the crazy ass leftists have caused this issue

Anyone who says otherwise is clueless
That is a good article that helps explain why the Crazy Ass Leftists are responsible for this mess

Their defunding the police, elimination of cash bail, soft on crime DAs, changing the laws on retail theft - all policies pushed by the crazy ass leftists have caused this issue

Anyone who says otherwise is clueless Originally Posted by berryberry
Except that it began long before anything you're talking about here. But don't let that stop you from ignoring history as it suits you.
Except that it began long before anything you're talking about here. But don't let that stop you from ignoring history as it suits you. Originally Posted by tommy156
Only you could try and make excuses for why the Crazy Ass Leftists are responsible for this mess

As I was saying. their defunding the police, elimination of cash bail, soft on crime DAs, changing the laws on retail theft - all policies pushed by the crazy ass leftists have caused this issue

But go on and keep ignoring the facts
No, those have helped exacerbate existing issues but aren't the cause.

Organized retail theft has been around quite awhile. It's one of the prototypical examples of there being a will and a way. And it's rife in just about every major population center in the U.S.

Spin political narratives all day, but don't ignore this

Thirty-eight states now don’t consider shoplifting a felony unless $1,000 or more of merchandise gets stolen. A2020 National Retail Federation reporton organized retail crime found that two-thirds of retailers in states that had raised their felony shoplifting minimums reported growing retail theft.
The irony is that California's Prop 47 took the threshold for the felony from $450 to $950. California may have gotten the majority of the attention but was joined by red states and red legislatures which you'll conveniently ignore.
This is one of the many reasons why San Francisco and some other leftist run cities have become such shitholes

It is why business are closing and leaving these shithole cities Originally Posted by berryberry