kindle vs. nook..... which do you prefer?

I just cant see how reading a book on a screen would work.
It's harder, I have been a reader since High school. I love to bend down the pages to my fav. parts. to open the book and know that I'm in the 1st quarter, middle or near the end by looking at the book.

This is MUCH Harder!!!! BUT to carry a tiny item and know that I have 200 books.... if I get in a tight spot (snowed into an airport for days!!!!) and that I have a small thing to carry but have 200 books to read.......... it is wonderful... and you can get used to reading it.... I promise
I'm torn between the Ipad and the Color Nook...only thing I don't like about the color nook is that it doesn't come with free 3g service to get the books in the first place like the black and white nook does.
I'm torn between the Ipad and the Color Nook...only thing I don't like about the color nook is that it doesn't come with free 3g service to get the books in the first place like the black and white nook does. Originally Posted by Hannah Heresy
both nooks come with wifi... the color is the only one that comes with 3g....

sixx
do either come with the ability to simulate the smell of an old book bought at a used book store? that nice musky aroma?

I'm with Dagny D.E.W. ......

love to bend down the pages to my fav. parts. to open the book and know that I'm in the 1st quarter, middle or near the end by looking at the book.
do either come with the ability to simulate the smell of an old book bought at a used book store? that nice musky aroma?

I'm with Dagny D.E.W. ...... Originally Posted by kittyloveratx

Now that I think about used books.... ewwwwwww..........

Imagine germs of all the people who handle the books over the years? Yeah, I know the same could be said for currency but just sayin....

sixx
Yes think about that next time you put a dollar bill in your mouth for a stripper to take it out with her boobs. That some nasty shit!
Yes think about that next time you put a dollar bill in your mouth for a stripper to take it out with her boobs. That some nasty shit! Originally Posted by Wyldeman30

Gross! Not even I do that shit!

sixx
You're right sixx. Heaven forbid a person put something in their mouth that they don't know where its been.
Well, on second thought.
Gross! Not even I do that shit!

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
LOL, says the sw king and fellow hobbyist
the great thing about an e reader....
remember that huge snowstorm up north? The first one.... they were showing pictures of the airports filled with people not going anywhere. There was one shot of a gal up against the wall with a BIG, heavy book. she was almost finished.

With an e reader you don't have alot of space or weight but having hundreds of books just waiting for you to finish the current one........ PRICELESS!
nope sixx the color isn't the one with 3g because I would've bought it in the store but the guy that works at the big display at barnes and noble told me only the black and white has 3g and that the color one needs wi-fi. Unless the guy lied or I misunderstood him.

both nooks come with wifi... the color is the only one that comes with 3g....

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
Here's the authoratative source on what is and isn't available on which Nook device - the B&N website:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook...you/379002498/

The info I supplied about pricing and features was based on a features comparison in an on-line review - but it was incorrect.

Nook color is $249, and has WiFi only - NO 3G (also has a 7" screen vs 6" for the B&W, but who gives a shit if it's less than 9", right?)

Nook B&W is $149 for the version with WiFi only, $199 for the version with WiFi AND 3G.

I apologize for the misinformation before. So among B&W devices with free 3G, the corresponding Nook and Kindle versions are only $10 apart. At that point it comes down to access to content (and the fact that the Nook has a touch screen and the Kindle doesn't).
So I was right? Woo-hoo!!! This rarely happens so please overlook the gloating.

Here's the authoratative source on what is and isn't available on which Nook device - the B&N website:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook...you/379002498/

The info I supplied about pricing and features was based on a features comparison in an on-line review - but it was incorrect.

Nook color is $249, and has WiFi only - NO 3G (also has a 7" screen vs 6" for the B&W, but who gives a shit if it's less than 9", right?)

Nook B&W is $149 for the version with WiFi only, $199 for the version with WiFi AND 3G.

I apologize for the misinformation before. So among B&W devices with free 3G, the corresponding Nook and Kindle versions are only $10 apart. At that point it comes down to access to content (and the fact that the Nook has a touch screen and the Kindle doesn't). Originally Posted by mastermind238
Huge difference between the Nook and Nook Color. I don't own either since I'm geeky enough to be comfortable with the android clones. I've got a 2.2 tablet thats 3G etc that was cheaper then the nook but more powerful then the nook color. The current readily available port of honeycomb (3.0) isn't quite ready for prime time but its close. The "free 3G" on the nook doesn't let you do anything but download books....u can't surf the web, access android store etc.

The Color Nook is equivalent to a wifi only tablet...