The new GDP numbers are due...

Of the brave seven who participated in the poll five had unreasonable expectations of this president and our economy. The number for the first quarter is 2 tenths of a single percent. Or less than 1/2 of a percent. Or awfully damned close to an Obama recession.

Now it's time to start the blame game.....

1. Bush
2. The Tea party
3. The weather
4. The GOP
5. Global warming
6. Planetary alignment
7. Years and years of failed liberal policies. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Why don't we try something different and actually try and understand what the problem is. See, you're starting with the answer and then looking for facts to support it. That's not how this works. And it's indicative of your failings.

“Apart from fundamental slowing and normal volatility, possible factors include harsher-than-usual winter weather, port delays and seasonal adjustment problems relating to Q1 specifically. More fundamentally, lower oil prices account for the plunge in the mining component of business investment in structures, although we think the positive effects of lower oil prices will ultimately offset the negative effects. ”
So aren't you going to announce the winner? One voter in the poll got it right.
Oflatliner looks at this as win. ValJ and him are laughing their asses off... fuckers
Why don't we try something different and actually try and understand what the problem is. See, you're starting with the answer and then looking for facts to support it. That's not how this works. And it's indicative of your failings.

“Apart from fundamental slowing and normal volatility, possible factors include harsher-than-usual winter weather, port delays and seasonal adjustment problems relating to Q1 specifically. More fundamentally, lower oil prices account for the plunge in the mining component of business investment in structures, although we think the positive effects of lower oil prices will ultimately offset the negative effects. ” Originally Posted by WombRaider
The white house blames it on the weather. Guess you missed the memo.
The white house blames it on the weather. Guess you missed the memo. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I have friends in Massachusetts. Are you denying the winter was extremely tough up there? Did you not see the LA port shutdown? These obviously don't account for all of it, but it's one quarter. Let's see what next quarter looks like. The different between you and I, is I'm not willing to see my country suffer, just to make a point.
Yeah, but these fargin iceholes are!
I have friends in Massachusetts. Are you denying the winter was extremely tough up there? Did you not see the LA port shutdown? These obviously don't account for all of it, but it's one quarter. Let's see what next quarter looks like. The different between you and I, is I'm not willing to see my country suffer, just to make a point. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Hey, I have friends in Texas, Missouri, Florida, and Virginia to name a few states. What does that have to do with anything?

The difference is that you DO want the country to suffer. I see the reality of the Obama plan and it's subsequent, and predictable, failure. I would like to change that which can only improve the economy. You want to stay the Obama course and cause the country greater pain. You are the unpatriotic little shit on this site.

While we're at it, how about a prediction for the next quarter?
Well have to bump a thread that is over 30 days old but it took the government that long to get their shit together. The new OFFICIAL economic numbers show that the economy SHRANK 0.7 percent! The economy shrank! Another month of that and it is an official Obama recession. This is not said with any joy but with the confidence that the chickens are coming home to roost for Obama and his numb nut minions.
Drop in oil prices, and the glut on the market.
Drop in oil prices, and the glut on the market. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Along with a overly strong dollar, increase in imports and decreases in exports and business investment. To say nothing of the fact that the government has historically underestimated 1st quarter GDP and overestimated 2nd quarter GDP.

However, we are far from a recession based on other indicators being up such as hiring, incomes, lending(mostly business), and housing.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the...ion-2015-05-29
If what you say is true (and I have no reason to doubt some of it) then why would not the White House get in front of such bad data instead of just blaming the weather? Are they stupid or do they think the people are stupid, that we can't handle complicated data. It doesn't really matter either way. If this numbers came out under ANY GOP president it would be the lead story on the MSM. Plus, the definition of a recession is two or more consecutive quarters of declining GDP growth. This is one. I would like for those lefties here to take a pledge though, if we get a second quarter of negative growth that they will acknowledge the recession exists.
Storms, floods and daily rain have absolutely nothing to do with slowing down construction. Tornado destruction should give it a boost,plus shopping furniture, clothing stores and car dealerships.
Excuse after excuse for a failed president.....

The economy has now contracted in three separate quarters since the recession ended in mid-2009, a series of disappointments unmatched since the expansions of the 1950s. Interesting that you don't include the common denominator of an anti-business, anti-growth administration that spends too much, wastes too much, incurs too much debt, and imposes too many costly regulations.

Along with a overly strong dollar, increase in imports and decreases in exports and business investment. To say nothing of the fact that the government has historically underestimated 1st quarter GDP and overestimated 2nd quarter GDP.

However, we are far from a recession based on other indicators being up such as hiring, incomes, lending(mostly business), and housing.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the...ion-2015-05-29 Originally Posted by chefnerd
Drop in oil prices, and the glut on the market. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Storms, floods and daily rain have absolutely nothing to do with slowing down construction. Tornado destruction should give it a boost,plus shopping furniture, clothing stores and car dealerships. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Excuse after excuse for a failed president.....

The economy has now contracted in three separate quarters since the recession ended in mid-2009, a series of disappointments unmatched since the expansions of the 1950s. Interesting that you don't include the common denominator of an anti-business, anti-growth administration that spends too much, wastes too much, incurs too much debt, and imposes too many costly regulations.

Originally Posted by Whirlaway
where is the huge boost in economic recovery promised when republicans took over both houses? Two can play the blame game whirrlagay.
The only thing this administration has been successful at is the Obama War on The American Working Class.

-Massive legal/illegal immigration to drive down wages.
-Drive health insurance costs up
-Burden working families with more costly government
-Proposed taxes on education savings plans
-Cap on retirement plan contributions
-Higher rates for college student loans to pay for Obamacare

The worse of the Obama offenses is his amnesty to illegals. After the chain migration provisions of his bill go into effect, the numbers would zoom up to 25-30 million foreigners competing with Americans for jobs -- and that's before his guest worker programs became reality.