Motorcylce Helmets Save Lives!!

• S O B
  • 06-15-2012, 02:27 PM
In case there was a misunderstanding... I wasn't telling nug to STFU. that was directed at bicycles on the road, hwy shoulder, where they die.
  • unagi
  • 06-15-2012, 03:05 PM
The flip flops on a motorcycle is bizarre. How do you shift? (I have sensitive toes.) Is it that hard to wear a sneaker? Saw this guy on a scooter yesterday on Mopac wearing flip flops, shorts, no helmet and a T-shirt that was blown halfway up his back. He passed me as I was going the speed limit. I could not stop laughing. Hope he didn't have to stop quickly.

Don't ride as much as I used to, but, in the summer, I always wear a full face helmet, vented jacket, gloves, shoes and long pants. Will wear my full coverage outfit if it's not too hot.
  • unagi
  • 06-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Fell off once and found out I'm a real wuss when it comes to pain.
that makes two of us Unagi
  • onei
  • 06-19-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm gonna chime in here. I ride, and ride a lot. I've logged over 800 miles since June 1 alone. Since April of '07 I've logged over 50,000 miles. I've ridden from Austin to Florida, Arizona, Colorado, Missouri, Kansas, and New Mexico. I ride both with and without a helmet, it all depends on where and how I feel at the moment.

Also, on May 18th a lady decided she didn't want to wait for the car in front of her to turn left and pulled into my lane (rt. lane) at the last sec., which resulted in me going over the handle bars and flying about 15-20', then rolling another 15-20'. I wasn't wearing a helmet. I have cracked ribs and that's it. My bike, on the other hand was totaled. Thus on June 1st I got my new bike and have been riding the hell out of it ever since. (both with and without a lid).

Another scenario, I have a friend who was involved in a motorcycle accident and he WAS wearing a helmet. He had severe brain damage. Yes he lived, but reverted back to a 1 year old, he was 25. He had to learn potty training, talking, walking, everything all over again. Today he is still not the same and never will be.

It's a choice we all make. Submitted for what it is worth. :-)
There's lots of good stories on both sides, that's true.. I've had wrecks, with and without. for me they turned out pretty much the same.. It's not the speed that kills, it's the SUDDEN stop.