Failure to Make Proper Change in a Monetary Transaction... What's Going On?!

Man, I really hate carrying change. I definitely don't carry it long enough to pay for something with it. It just gets dumped in a jar. any time I move I dump the accumulated cash at a bank.

As for counting issues, I had a job that had me posted in Latin America for about half a year. One day I went to the farmers market and grabbed 2 items. One was 30 pesos, the other 40. The girl serving me took out a piece of paper, wrote 30 and then 40 below it. She drew a line, totaled up the ones column (0+0=0)... and then seemed stuck on the 4 and the 3. She ended up pulling out her calculator, typing 3+4, and then filled in the 7 on the paper. I was just totally shocked. Originally Posted by Come_and_gone
Sounds like a schooling issue. Maybe she had to drop out to support family issues, or who knows what. Makes ya love our school system even more. It's not perfect, but it gives you the basics.

The best way to REALLY appreciate this country is to leave it for a while. You're likely to come back as a dirt kissing mofo.
[QUOTE=Rambro Creed;1057499102]

It's the attention span process, or the dwindling ability for it. Yes, it's mostly the younger generation, but it's slowly creeping into all of us. You may not notice it, but it's happening.

I'm watching the AMA (American Music Awards), and Justin Bieber is onstage, and...I want to fight him, because he has on a ridiculous outfit. I don't know WHY I'm watching it, because I haven't watched such junk in 20 years...since Michael Jackson was winning awards for Beat It and Bad.

This show REMINDS me how much I loathe young people, and want to fight ALL of them. But seriously...actually, they are annoying, and loathsome.

All they do is rely on technology.

J-Lo is like, 45. Why is she hosting a show for kids!

All these kids are on my lawn...and should GET OFF!!! [shakes fist in the air]

The best way to REALLY appreciate this country is to leave it for a while. You're likely to come back as a dirt kissing mofo.[/QUOTE]

Time for a trip outta the country? I kid! I kid! sorta....

I have always saved change. My first job at 15 was a waitressing position and I guess that's when I got in the habit. Saved enough for a trip to Vegas once.

I agree that most just hand bills to a cashier, or even simply use their debit cards for everything.