A complement can make someones day!!

I went up to a "customer service" counter at the super market, expecting the worst from a totally not-my-type woman who had one of those "wish I was somewhere else looks" on her face.

She suddenly smiled and said "I love that shirt! It makes yours eyes look so beautiful!"

I was on cloud nine for a week. Women need to throw a compliment around now and then too. Especially for us older than dirt types.
Good on you, Flowergirl! We all love getting compliments. Kindness costs nothing and improves everyone's day.

A good female friend of mine got a flat tire a couple of weeks ago. The AAA guy who changed her tire told her that she was gorgeous before he left. She said she was smiling the rest of that week. I said that he was just bucking for a tip. (She actually is gorgeous and looks way younger than her age.) Originally Posted by Ipthirteen1701
see, though, your post shows just how muddy the whole idea of complimenting can be. you discounted the compliment the AAA Guy gave to your friend. you may have been joking about the tip angle, but even as you joked, it reveals an uncomfortableness about taking the compliment at face value, and simply appreciating it on its own term.

conversely, I think a lot of women, especially gorgeous women, would not receive that compliment as easily as your friend. I imagine she may have had a lot of unwanted attention in the past, that might spill over to her reaction at receiving a compliment from a stranger.. a guy stranger, in a one-on-one type situation. I know I am reticent to compliment a strange woman on her looks.. just as I am wary of getting close to a woman at a grocery store, who has her purse sitting in the grocery cart, within easy reach.. or speak to a child who is not surrounded by others. you may be innocent in your actions, but others' perceptions matter. it's easier to go about your business, and not compliment a strange woman on her good looks. why risk a negative reaction?
Complimenting someone should not be a put off or offending, regardless of what the #metoo women say. And remember, it can make someone's day. The most powerful word in business, any business is Thank You and should be widely accepted.
What were you Complement with?

Steamed asparagus spears? Garlic mashed potatoes? Hollandaise? Béarnaise?

A Complement of roasted wild mushrooms medley always make my day. Originally Posted by CG2014
For those that are confused by this post, a compliment (spelled with an “I” is what she is referring to. Complement (spelled with an “e”) means adding to something , making complete...like a dinner or an outfit.
One letter can change the meaning of a word. Very common mistake.
Flowergirl .. just let yourself bloom with a smile !

very nice when another lady give's us a compliment !
What were you Complement with?

Steamed asparagus spears? Garlic mashed potatoes? Hollandaise? Béarnaise?

A Complement of roasted wild mushrooms medley always make my day. Originally Posted by CG2014
Youre right - i was the main dish - hehe
My comment was a compliment.

That's why I had the
see, though, your post shows just how muddy the whole idea of complimenting can be. you discounted the compliment the AAA Guy gave to your friend. you may have been joking about the tip angle, but even as you joked, it reveals an uncomfortableness about taking the compliment at face value, and simply appreciating it on its own term.

conversely, I think a lot of women, especially gorgeous women, would not receive that compliment as easily as your friend. I imagine she may have had a lot of unwanted attention in the past, that might spill over to her reaction at receiving a compliment from a stranger.. a guy stranger, in a one-on-one type situation. I know I am reticent to compliment a strange woman on her looks.. just as I am wary of getting close to a woman at a grocery store, who has her purse sitting in the grocery cart, within easy reach.. or speak to a child who is not surrounded by others. you may be innocent in your actions, but others' perceptions matter. it's easier to go about your business, and not compliment a strange woman on her good looks. why risk a negative reaction? Originally Posted by Chung Tran

I totally get your point, Chung. I presented the specific example without embellishment for the positive effect a compliment can have on someone's day. I, myself, am careful in the situations that you cite above for those exact reasons. That doesn't mean I don't make friendly comments to strangers. I would never tell a female that I don't know that she looks gorgeous. But, I will make eye contact and give a friendly smile to anyone. It doesn't have to be a compliment, but I absolutely believe in being friendly towards all people, as there is far less of that in everyday society than we should have.

It's all about context, of course. I try to always be a gentleman when visiting a provider, too, but the line in that situation is drawn very far from meeting a stranger in public. The last time I met a provider for the first time, I said hello, we hugged, and I grabbed her ass and pressed her against me. It was the start of a great time. Like I said, context.
I’ve noticed some of my clients have low self esteem...you can just tell when you say something kind...like you’re so handsome ...you’re smile is so great...ect....then when our time is over I get a text that I made them feel so good...

That’s special imo...if you can make a man feel good about himself when it’s all over with...

Hell that makes me feel good too ...to know I’ve made someone else feel good
I'm on my way earlier today for a first time doubles session with a lady I've known for a while and her sidekick who I'd never formally met.

#1 - I wanted to jolt the session into something special so I stopped at the grocery store and liquor store and bought each of the ladies a large bottle of Vodka and a bottle of Cranberry Juice. Last night I requested they each wear my favorite outfit - birthday sits They knew I was bringing vittles - LOL !

Walk in the door this morning and BAM ! Two nude ladies surround me and attack me with DFK and body fondling - suck a good kick off !

#2 - When I took the Vodka to the counter to pay, a guy standing next to the cashier says " I really like your T-Shirt man ! ".
It was a souvenir T-Shirt from a Stones Concert a few years back.

I asked him if he knew who LISA FISHER was. He said, " sure I do " !

We both smiled and I said " when she joins in with her solo during " GIMME SHELTER ", it can make the hair on the back of you neck standup. We both got bigger smiles as I walked out the door.

More than two today !
  • BLM69
  • 08-24-2018, 03:05 PM
I’ve noticed some of my clients have low self esteem...you can just tell when you say something kind...like you’re so handsome ...you’re smile is so great...ect....then when our time is over I get a text that I made them feel so good...

That’s special imo...if you can make a man feel good about himself when it’s all over with...

Hell that makes me feel good too ...to know I’ve made someone else feel good Originally Posted by Analeese
Poor guys, I like it keep it real so if the girl looks good, I'll let her know, if she's not all that, I won't say anything instead of lying.
I appreciate and can take a compliment all day from clients or when I am sitting at my computer.. but if I am at the store or in public I get weird. You would think after all these years I will be better with guys, but I think it is opposite.

I'm all bark and no bite
Great thread!
I was the "date" that night. The lady that made the compliment totally caught me off guard.
When she told me "I didn't know how lucky I was", it was all I could do NOT to tell her I'm going to get even more lucky than you think. Lmao. I did thank her and acknowledged that I was lucky.
Something about long legs and "fuck me pumps"!

It's not just compliments that can make someone's day, get you a better table at a restaurant, or special treatment of many kinds. Just a "how is your day" or being kind to someone opens doors! Hell, I was paying for an encounter that evening and could have left it at that. Instead, I asked the OP if she wanted to go out to dinner first, like a real date. She said the gesture made her week. Did I get special treatment for the dinner; I'll never tell. ��
It used to piss my X off anytime we went out. I could get comped drinks, appetizers, and great service just by being nice. She was a sour puss & could flash her pretty titties and get ignored.
I appreciate and can take a compliment all day from clients or when I am sitting at my computer.. but if I am at the store or in public I get weird. You would think after all these years I will be better with guys, but I think it is opposite.

I'm all bark and no bite Originally Posted by melannie_star
Own the compliment! It will change your self image.

BTW, I'm all bite and no bark you beautiful thang! 😉
For those that are confused by this post, a compliment (spelled with an “I” is what she is referring to. Complement (spelled with an “e”) means adding to something , making complete...like a dinner or an outfit.
One letter can change the meaning of a word. Very common mistake. Originally Posted by DunnJackNoff
Dayum you are gonna drive our in house IT guy crazy w that. ( can I say gonna ?) you should compliment him on his complementing the thread.