Would you inroduce a friend to the biz?

This is probably the best advice.

I still think guys that hit women should have their balls cut off and feed to them.
Originally Posted by Wyldeman30

+1.....with a very dull knife.

Spacemtn Originally Posted by Spacemtn

Howdy, Folks!

Naw.

You really wanna do it right - you gotta use a cheese grater.
I believe in justice.

Justice would be for a guy like that to end up locked up in a cell with a man bigger than him who will beat the shit out of him everyday and make him his bitch.

As for the original question, Fran et all nailed it.

She needs to get through the separation, custody of the child settled, and on her feet before contemplating this business.

If she gets into this now and regrets it later, you also take the chance of taking some of the blame and resentment.
Brit

1) your friend has to decide to end the relationship - first & foremost
2) she needs to go to the authorities. He will end up in court. They will haul his ass away before someone bails him out. This better not be your friend. The law will be on her side
3) She then needs to go somewhere safe & once she is level headed figure out how to earn money

You are thinking of the last step first
  • Jax
  • 04-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Get her to a safe place. Have her work with the authorities who can help protect her. There are ways to handle these kinds of things and take an abuser off the streets.
SHE needs to determine for herself that the loser is a danger to her and her kids. Any convincing you attempt will likely be temporary.

It's a very tough spot - for her, and also for you.

Based on the limited info provided, it does not sound like she's someone who's putting the best interest of the kids first and foremost. It appears more likely that she's rationalizing what she wants to believe : she chose to take the chance and it got to a broken nose with young ones in the middle ?

My advice is for you to be careful also.

The most you can do is to offer her support, while she makes her choices.
Britney,

I think you have your answer. Not one person said, "Yes, she should start providing." or "Got any pics?".

Francisca had the most comprehensive answer and seems to have professional experience as to what services are available. I would contact her for further advice.

Good Luck to your friend. It saddens me that members of my own gender are such assholes.
Been there, Done that.

Hell No.

Over the last year, and with the shut down of CL, My attitude has become quite negative.
Dealing with some ignorant individuals who lack respect is not something I would want my best friend to deal with.
Plus, this is a cut - throat business. Point Blank.

Ive tried to help a few and 2 are well known in Dallas.
Burned. Friendship over.
End of Story.

This isnt for everyone, but I can say I have met MANY Men, Women & Couples whom I have engaged into a friendship and I am Thankful to the Hobby or I may have never have got the chance to meet them.
I still think guys that hit women should have their balls cut off and feed to them.
[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I like the way you think
Never, ever introduce anyone to this. Each person must find their own path.

You simply can't be responsible for what happens to a friend as a result of her later choices in the hobby.

I agree with ztonk, 100%.

best,
Ms Francisca,

That is very insightful. On another note, I would hate to feel like I contributed to making her life worse by introducing her to the hobby. It helped me when I needed it, but I am a completely different person than her in the way I deal with things. I am fully aware of the cycles of abuse. I agree that she has to want to get out. I just get so tired of watching her waste away. I love my independence; the hobby allows me that. BUT I shouldn't impose or project. Okay hobby friends... thanks for the therapy session!!
Peace and love Brit.
If she's in a fragile place, the last thing she needs is to stagger into "the life."

If she's particularly vulnerable, the predators will swoop in and that'll be that, to use the parlance of our times.

Be a friend and point her elsewhere.

Or else, use the kitchen implement of your choice and perform a douchebagectomy. (That will be on the test students. So write it down.)
Terrible situation but if she doesn't want help you can't help