The Complete and Undeniable Truth

• CJ7
  • 08-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Learn about it before spouting stupidity. It's easy. www.fairtax.org Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

I know about it

I was asking the poster I quoted
  • Dawgs
  • 08-13-2012, 01:15 PM
CJ, if you would just read up on the Fair Tax, you might be surprised to find that it takes care of the poor in better ways than the current system. I have several truly liberal friends that have wondered why it hasn't been pushed thru the house and senate. This one item is not a Rep or Dem thing, it's all about both sides wanting to be control freaks.
  • CJ7
  • 08-13-2012, 01:17 PM
clinton was a fair tax supporter

maybe he should have mentioned a fair tax wasnt a red or blue thing
  • Dawgs
  • 08-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Yes everybody pays, but with the rebates in place, the taxes that they would pay would be from the rebates. The "rich" would still pay the most as they are the ones that buy the high dollar cars, clothes, planes etc
  • CJ7
  • 08-13-2012, 01:28 PM
if the top rate is 25%, the 15%'ers in the country like Romney for instance, pay 10% more taxes

that 10% is what, 6-7% more than letting the bush tax cuts sunset, and letting said cuts sunset is indeed raising taxes if the republicans are right ..

interesting
  • Dawgs
  • 08-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Yes, but you failed to take into account the taxes already imbedded in the products that you are purchasing now. There is no such thing as a corporate tax, taxes are paid by individuals one way or the other.
WW, Romney is not serious about anything except gaining power for himself. Nothing of substance will change in a Romney administration. I've already outlined how similar the two candidates are. Where are the real differences? The only differences between them are nickels and dimes compared to the issues we face. And on the matter of freedom and liberty, they are identical.

You're as blind about Romney as FastGoon is about Obama. Wake up, dude! We are in serious trouble, and Romney isn't the way out.
The FairTax will not find support among people who want to punish others for being successful. You need the income tax to do that.

But if you want a tax policy that is simple to understand, offers few, if any, loopholes, funds the government, stimulates job creation and eases the tax burden on the poor and eliminates the tax break for "off the books" activity, the FairTax is for you.
  • CJ7
  • 08-13-2012, 02:01 PM
The FairTax will not find support among people who want to punish others for being successful. You need the income tax to do that.

But if you want a tax policy that is simple to understand, offers few, if any, loopholes, funds the government, stimulates job creation and eases the tax burden on the poor and eliminates the tax break for "off the books" activity, the FairTax is for you. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

so rasing the tax rates on the top 2% stimulates jobs, funds the government, eases the tax budens on the less fortunate

wow, thats really REALLY interesting

• Dawgs
  • 08-13-2012, 02:05 PM
CJ, once again read up on it!!
WW, Romney is not serious about anything except gaining power for himself. Nothing of substance will change in a Romney administration. I've already outlined how similar the two candidates are. Where are the real differences? The only differences between them are nickels and dimes compared to the issues we face. And on the matter of freedom and liberty, they are identical.

You're as blind about Romney as FastGoon is about Obama. Wake up, dude! We are in serious trouble, and Romney isn't the way out. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

gotta give you a yah buddy on this one....