Why are Fox and the Teapublicans so predictable?

• CJ7
  • 03-12-2012, 05:56 PM
I gotta better idea ... lets wait until gas hits $10 before we start trying to find a way out of the global market

eos
At a time of rising gas prices, heightened talk of war with Iran and setbacks in Afghanistan, Mr. Obama’s approval rating dropped substantially in recent weeks, the poll found, with 41 percent of respondents expressing approval of the job he is doing and 47 percent saying they disapprove — a dangerous position for any incumbent seeking re-election.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/13/us...poll.html?_r=2
  • WTF
  • 03-12-2012, 09:29 PM
At a time of rising gas prices, heightened talk of war with Iran and setbacks in Afghanistan, Mr. Obama’s approval rating dropped substantially in recent weeks, the poll found, with 41 percent of respondents expressing approval of the job he is doing and 47 percent saying they disapprove — a dangerous position for any incumbent seeking re-election.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/13/us...poll.html?_r=2 Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Reagan understood , Iran controls who is elected President in this country!

Geez, WTF! It is funny to watch you keep missing the point. Kind of like that skier during the title credits on the old Wide World of Sports. You know he's going to crash, but it is still funny each time.
Stevie you can squeal all you want but Obama is on record calling for higher gas prices (though not as fast) and his energy secretary went on record last week saying he was looking for (and he carries out the orders of the president) for higher gas prices. You can squeal but you'd better get use to the feeling.
  • CJ7
  • 03-13-2012, 07:40 AM
Stevie you can squeal all you want but Obama is on record calling for higher gas prices (though not as fast) and his energy secretary went on record last week saying he was looking for (and he carries out the orders of the president) for higher gas prices. You can squeal but you'd better get use to the feeling. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

curious to see the exact quote "calling for higher gas prices"

a credible source would be really nice too
curious to see the exact quote "calling for higher gas prices"

a credible source would be really nice too Originally Posted by CJ7
In a 2008 interview with CNBC, Barack Obama supported higher gas prices for the purpose of facilitating the development of other energy sources: e.g. his crony buddies at Solyndra.

HARWOOD: As difficult as this is for consumers right now, is, in fact, high gas prices what we need to let the market work, a line incentive so that we do shift to alternative means of energy?

BARACK OBAMA: “Well, I think that we have been slow to move in a better direction when it comes to energy usage. And the president, frankly, hasn’t had an energy policy. And as a consequence, we’ve been consuming energy as if it’s infinite. We now know that our demand is badly outstripping supply with China and India growing as rapidly as they are. So…”

HARWOOD: “So could these high prices help us?” [*when gas prices were at $4.08 per gallon]

BARACK OBAMA: “I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment. The fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing. But if we take some steps right now to help people make the adjustment, first of all by putting more money into their pockets, but also by encouraging the market to adapt to these new circumstances more quickly, particularly US automakers, then I think ultimately, we can come out of this stronger and have a more efficient energy policy than we do right now.” (CNBC, 6/10/08)
http://www.cnbc.com/id/25084346/CNBC...cript_Included

*http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/30/news.../gas/index.htm
I'm with IB on this. I miss 1.83 gas 4 years ago.
  • CJ7
  • 03-13-2012, 01:09 PM
as I already knew, NOBODY called for jackshit

“I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment

let me finish

“I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment rather than a blast in the ass.

translation:

people in general adjust better to a gradual price increase in a slow economy than they do rapid price changes

I suppose we can thank the dem congress for the 168 gas, it took them 2 years to rein in Bush and get it off its $5 highs.

dontcha think?

LOL
  • CJ7
  • 03-13-2012, 01:19 PM
as I already knew, NOBODY called for jackshit

“I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment

let me finish

“I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment rather than a blast in the ass.

translation:

people in general adjust better to a gradual price increase in a slow economy than they do rapid price changes

I suppose we can thank the dem congress for the 168 gas, it took them 2 years to rein in Bush and get it off its $5 highs.

dontcha think?

LOL Originally Posted by CJ7
Equivocate. Equivocate. Equivocate. Odumbo admitted the increase in price was okay with him. His only regret was that it happened too quickly.
June 2008

http://www.burbed.com/2008/06/10/gas...-redwood-city/ Originally Posted by CJ7
CBJ7, you wanted to see an Odumbo quote from a respectable source. You get the quote shoved up your ass, and now you want to deflect.

BTW
CBJ7, you do realize you are making Odumbo look even worse by insinuating that Odumbo is 'okay' with $5 per gallon gas. Moron!
I'm still with IB. I read all the research and coverage on this and there really isn't an out this guy could possibly take that anyone other than a O lover would buy.

It will be far past 4$ in Texas by the end of may. With gas and food and medicine sooooo high, no wonder half the country is on subsidies. Kinda makes you think that was the plan all along..... Like since 1908
  • CJ7
  • 03-13-2012, 02:11 PM
spin it anyway you want .. did or didnt its still totally moot.

gas prices always spike before summer and always retreat after labor day.

only morons think the president (regardless of cloth) or any other single individual can dictate the market price of gas at the pump.

I luvs me sum lips that make an O, otherwise, not so much.
spin it anyway you want .. did or didnt its still totally moot.

gas prices always spike before summer and always retreat after labor day.

only morons think the president (regardless of cloth) or any other single individual can dictate the market price of gas at the pump.

I luvs me sum lips that make an O, otherwise, not so much. Originally Posted by CJ7
You 'spin' so much, you just fell on your silly ass. Now you find yourself embarrassed and trying to figure out how to stand up again.

Of course Odumbo 'cannot' do anything about gas prices. Odumbo said that's what he wants, and he has Chu echoing his sentiments:

When Rep. Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss.) asked Chu whether it’s his “overall goal to get our price” of gasoline lower, Chu said, “No, the overall goal is to decrease our dependency on oil, to build and strengthen our economy.” http://blog.heritage.org/2012/02/29/...s-prices-high/

In a sign of one major internal difference, Mr. Chu has called for gradually ramping up gasoline taxes over 15 years to coax consumers into buying more-efficient cars and living in neighborhoods closer to work. "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe," Mr. Chu ... http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122904040307499791.html