Someone is always watching...

Its about rationalizing about all they good they do so they can keep getting those special funds to pay officers OT. Originally Posted by pyramider
You're absolutely right. And there is more coming if the GOP and Dems can reach a compromise on the latest anti-trafficking bill currently stalled in Congress.
  • DSK
  • 03-25-2015, 07:16 AM
There is no perfect way to do it and not get some attention.
One of these days the exaggerations about human trafficking will stop, I hope. I think they talk about human trafficking because no one really cares that much about simple prostitution.
There is no perfect way to do it and not get some attention.
One of these days the exaggerations about human trafficking will stop, I hope. I think they talk about human trafficking because no one really cares that much about simple prostitution. Originally Posted by DSK
Exaggerations? How about not nearly enough talked about? What gets reported is only the tip of the iceberg. And according to fbi reports, it's getting worse. There are nation wide rings moving thousands of women around the country. Add in local gangs and pimps and it is a huge problem. Some reports indicate gangs can make more money from human trafficking than drug sells. With far less risk
  • DSK
  • 03-25-2015, 09:16 AM
Exaggerations? How about not nearly enough talked about? What gets reported is only the tip of the iceberg. And according to fbi reports, it's getting worse. There are nation wide rings moving thousands of women around the country. Add in local gangs and pimps and it is a huge problem. Some reports indicate gangs can make more money from human trafficking than drug sells. With far less risk Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
I see that you have been duped into believing the hype.
Care to offer proof, or are you happy with the innuendo and exaggerations?
Can you prove I am wrong?

Very good info here:
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investig...an_trafficking
http://www.traffickingresourcecenter...icking-efforts
http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...tatistics.html
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/directo...Assessment.pdf

This quote from the 2014 report by the department of public safety

"Sex trafficking is the fastest growing business of organized crime, and the third-largest criminal enterprise in the world. Child victims are a particular concern. The average age at which girls first become victims of prostitution is 12 to 14, according to one study. Traffickers are increasingly active on social media, which they use to target victims and advertise to customers."

"Members and associates of multiple gangs have been reported to be involved in sex trafficking operations in Texas. These include Barrio Azteca, Black Gangster Disciples, Bloods, Crips, Mara Salvatrucha, Sureños, and Tango Blast. Gangs and gang members are attracted to the lucrative nature of this activity due to the potential for large and renewable profits and the perceived lower risk of detection. "

Anyone want to guess how many of these gangs have members here? Anyone care to guess how many bottom bitches are working ECCIE for their pimps, many of whom are in these and other gangs?

This is one of those subjects that once you start looking, makes you look at the sex industry with a very different outlook. Prostitution as a whole is not a "victimless crime". It behooves everyone who cares to put forth effort to reduce the likelihood of contributing to this growing problem. There are many women who are in this business because they choose to be. Or at least are not under the control of someone else. But its really hard to tell sometimes. ECCIE is both a curse and a blessing. It helps provide information we can use to be sure of who we are dealing with. And it provides a venue for those wanting to exploit women and children. You can cover your eyes and ears and ignore what is going on or you can make a concerted effort to avoid those bad elements. I prefer to give my money to a woman who will keep it, not give it to someone else controlling her life. I wont always get it right but I try.
I saw no information in that article about arrests. The police captain interviewed bragged about how many "victims" his unit had "rescued" since 2013 (not that high a number, IMO), but zero arrests attributed to this case.

It seems to me this was a salacious headline with no real meat to it. Originally Posted by TinMan
Yes I agree it says nothing about arrests and then moves on to human trafficking. Where did that come from? Originally Posted by Ravasher
Where have I heard this before?
  • DSK
  • 03-25-2015, 11:34 AM
Can you prove I am wrong?

Very good info here:
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investig...an_trafficking
http://www.traffickingresourcecenter...icking-efforts
http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...tatistics.html
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/directo...Assessment.pdf

This quote from the 2014 report by the department of public safety

"Sex trafficking is the fastest growing business of organized crime, and the third-largest criminal enterprise in the world.[redacted] Traffickers are increasingly active on social media, which they use to target victims and advertise to customers."

"Members and associates of multiple gangs have been reported to be involved in sex trafficking operations in Texas. These include Barrio Azteca, Black Gangster Disciples, Bloods, Crips, Mara Salvatrucha, Sureños, and Tango Blast. Gangs and gang members are attracted to the lucrative nature of this activity due to the potential for large and renewable profits and the perceived lower risk of detection. "

Anyone want to guess how many of these gangs have members here? Anyone care to guess how many bottom bitches are working ECCIE for their pimps, many of whom are in these and other gangs?

This is one of those subjects that once you start looking, makes you look at the sex industry with a very different outlook. Prostitution as a whole is not a "victimless crime". It behooves everyone who cares to put forth effort to reduce the likelihood of contributing to this growing problem. There are many women who are in this business because they choose to be. Or at least are not under the control of someone else. But its really hard to tell sometimes. ECCIE is both a curse and a blessing. It helps provide information we can use to be sure of who we are dealing with. And it provides a venue for those wanting to exploit women and children. You can cover your eyes and ears and ignore what is going on or you can make a concerted effort to avoid those bad elements. I prefer to give my money to a woman who will keep it, not give it to someone else controlling her life. I wont always get it right but I try.
Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
Wow - in three years 2001-2004, the FBI, the greatest detective organization in the world, caught 111 traffickers worldwide. I'm glad they did, but the numbers do not indicate a massive proliferation. So, based upon your link which I read, I still say it is more hype than reality.

Additionally, I have been friends with girls at AMP's and they laugh at the characterization of themselves as sex slaves, but they tell me they would use it or any other excuse to get out of trouble. Most started working the brothels of Korea, and knew exactly what they were here for. I don't object to law enforcement being active in the field and rooting out the slavers, but the statistics such as 100,000 girls coming for the Super Bowl, etc., never seem to ring true to me.

From another of your links: Concerned Women for America has been urging caution for several years about using any of the numbers purporting to show the scope of the problem. CWA’s report, “Children in Prostitution: How Many Are There and What To Do,” traced the origins of most of the numbers of child victims in the U.S. commonly touted today and found that all are based on “guesstimates.” In the United States, the bottom line is that no one knows how many child and adult victims of human trafficking are here.
I am not sure how this relates to this thread however a provider once told me one of her regulars is an FBI agent.
I also noticed that tricky little way they just changed gears from consensual sex to human traffiking.

Whatever the statistics are, even a small number of cases is a horrible crime. But to blur the lines between a person performing sexual acts against her will and a professional provider's business is wrong as well.

Additionally, I have been friends with girls at AMP's and they laugh at the characterization of themselves as sex slaves, but they tell me they would use it or any other excuse to get out of trouble. Most started working the brothels of Korea, and knew exactly what they were here for. I don't object to law enforcement being active in the field and rooting out the slavers, but the statistics such as 100,000 girls coming for the Super Bowl, etc., never seem to ring true to me.
Originally Posted by DSK

Maybe they were including the players' wives and girlfriends in that number.