ThreAds, what the owners say...

Good fucking luck with that Beagle! lol you obviously missed the last 2 attempts! And the fucking colossal failure in Houston too. It's only in SA because moderation there is the worst on the boards. Til the gang rids them of that problem! Originally Posted by Mr.Crowley
Actually I looked it up since the time you pointed it out a while back. I'll start a new thread instead of hijacking this one......
Yep, we need a short notice thread instead of threADs.
There will be no short notice availability thread in the Austin Forums. It was tried on more than one occasion, with many postings of the guidelines and many reminders and warnings and for whatever the reason, there were providers that just could not understand how it works. The Owners have left it up to the local Staff as to whether we allow it or not and it just didn't work here.

As far as the allegation(s) of "enforcing rules that do not exist", there is a whole area of the Board where all of the Staff members can discuss "issues" that occur and decisions can be made as to how certain situations are to be handled. One of the things we have been asked to do is to stop posting Staff instructions on the open board and so we have. the info posted in the Staff area is for the Staff so that is where it stays. As the board grows and changes so too do the ways we handle different things including threAds.

As such, I have no intention of posting anything regarding threAds other than I stand behind my actions both in Rockin Brandy's threAd in Requests and ISO and others who's threAds I have closed or removed. Rockin Brandy or any other member may certainly ask if my actions are appropriate to any level they see fit.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff

Throw it in Sand Box!

Just to get anyone else up to speed who may be behind.

The owners have spoken and the following is their position concerning ThreAds...

Hey gang, on occasion I've seen staff take action on what is referred to as a "threAD" as though there was actually some sort of rule on this site disallowing it.

Well, there's not....and that's not an oversight.

ECCIE is threAD friendly: what this means is that no staff is to take action against any post or thread that someone considers to be a threAD. Don't move it. Don't point or suspend the poster. Don't warn the member in any way...PM or in a post. If someone RTMs a post referring to it as a threAD, simply let them know that we do not take action on those types of posts and if they want to let the OP know in a respectful way, go ahead.....but again, I do not want any warnings coming from staff unless instructed to do so.

With that said, if the members want to express their distaste on a thread that they feel is blatant advertising, let them...within reason. Just don't let it get out of hand, meaning insults or other violations of forum guidelines.

Thanks for your cooperation,

St. C
Originally Posted by RocKin BraNdy
We are very , very familair with the guidelines dude. Each and every threAD you start is an opportunity for us to show our displeasure and remind everyone your not a lady but a dude that chopped off his dick. and has store bough parts.

There are certainly a few folks around that go to see the novelty acts but that quickly wears off.

But as they get blacklisted by others and words gets around, the way it is, of how closely your attitude in person mirrors your attitude here you will see opportinuty here dry up.

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=320362 Originally Posted by Sexy Katrina
Just love when people comment without reading #12
http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...7&postcount=12

re·dun·dant
riˈdəndənt/
adjective
not or no longer needed or useful; superfluous.
"an appropriate use for a redundant church"
synonyms: unnecessary, not required, inessential, unessential, needless, unneeded, uncalled for; More
antonyms: essential, necessary
(of words or data) able to be omitted without loss of meaning or function.
ENGINEERING
(of a component) not strictly necessary to functioning but included in case of failure in another component.
BRIT.
(of a person) no longer employed because there is no more work available.
"eight permanent staff were made redundant"
synonyms: unnecessary, not required, inessential, unessential, needless, unneeded, uncalled for; More
antonyms: essential, necessary
Pout all you want, but no one has the authority to close my threads claiming threAd. I am a totally sweet laid back person that just dont take being treated unfairly, and they can blacklist em all if they want, guess ill have plenty of regulars.

We are very , very familair with the guidelines dude. Each and every threAD you start is an opportunity for us to show our displeasure and remind everyone your not a lady but a dude that chopped off his dick. and has store bough parts.

There are certainly a few folks around that go to see the novelty acts but that quickly wears off.

But as they get blacklisted by others and words gets around, the way it is, of how closely your attitude in person mirrors your attitude here you will see opportinuty here dry up.

Originally Posted by Whispers
Pout all you want, but no one has the authority to close my threads claiming threAd. I am a totally sweet laid back person that just dont take being treated unfairly, and they can blacklist em all if they want, guess ill have plenty of regulars. Originally Posted by RocKin BraNdy
Don't bet money on it
Blah blah blah...

I always hope threads like these will die a quick and painless natural death, but sometimes I wish there was thread euthanasia.
Everyone has their own threshold on what constitutes threAD. But if I don't like one, I'll be sure to bitch and whine about it And I'd have just as much rights bitching on it as the OP would have the rights to start one......

You can be sure that for every one that speaks up......there are many others who think the same, who just chose not to express it........
Don't bet money on it Originally Posted by forkboy
BTW, you also remind me of someone who used to be around and another who's still around......

Enjoying your alter egos?
The term "mangina" keeps coming to mind.
Pout all you want, but no one has the authority to close my threads claiming threAd. I am a totally sweet laid back person that just dont take being treated unfairly, and they can blacklist em all if they want, guess ill have plenty of regulars. Originally Posted by RocKin BraNdy
Please do not think that I would like to see your threADs closed. No Sir! Not at all....

I would rather not see them at all.....

But if I have to see them then I assure you I want to be able to express my displeasure for them over and over and over so that ANYONE remotely considering you that does a search will know all there is to know about you.

Hopefully they will post a question to the Mens Locker Room for the extra shit we can't post that is starting to make the rounds.....

Anyone seeing you AFTER having a full picture will shake their head and wonder why in the long run....
Well if whatever is being posted about me is true then why not put it out here for everyone to see? Or is it just a bunch of rumors to try to destroy my business like youve been doing f4om the start? Come on show your cards!

Please do not think that I would like to see your threADs closed. No Sir! Not at all....

I would rather not see them at all.....

But if I have to see them then I assure you I want to be able to express my displeasure for them over and over and over so that ANYONE remotely considering you that does a search will know all there is to know about you.

Hopefully they will post a question to the Mens Locker Room for the extra shit we can't post that is starting to make the rounds.....

Anyone seeing you AFTER having a full picture will shake their head and wonder why in the long run.... Originally Posted by Whispers