Provider w/hurt feelings!

Send him a nice, sweet email telling him because of his pissy little girl outburst YOU DON"T NEED HIS LITTLE TWO-BIT CHUMP CHANGE! Hopefully he'll get the message and go bother someone else.
When a provider who has a good reputation, such as Sabrina, is unresponsive, my assumption is that a personal matter has arisen that required their urgent attention, or their email is down. There is no point in shooting from hip, when you don't have the facts.

Sabrina, I hope your Mom is doing better.
Send him a nice, sweet email telling him because of his pissy little girl outburst YOU DON"T NEED HIS LITTLE TWO-BIT CHUMP CHANGE! Hopefully he'll get the message and go bother someone else. Originally Posted by Sweet Heather
What the hell? That's some attitude. Sabrina seems to be handling things with tact. Even bothering to send in a note saying he called and apologized.

You're just plain name-calling. I'll avoid doing the same back.
Does your email have a autoresponder? Next time you go out of town set it to say; "I'm out and will respond to your iquiry when I return".

Sometimes that's helpful when one has to take a hiatus.
There are always people that believe that they are entitled to whatever they want. It does not matter to them that you might actually have a life, it's all about them. You just need to cut them loose and forget about them. They will move on to annoying others
Shea's correct. If someone gives you grief about failing to instantly respond to their inquiry then it's likely their ability to be patient (i.e. not get angry) is not a part of his makeup. Consider yourself lucky to have had a demonstration of the person's lack of tact before meeting and move on. There are innumerable gentlemen on here that have lives and understand what it is to have things (family, job, scheduling conflicts) arise and require priority. If there's ever a situation where I send you an email regarding a band of bad guys entering the country and requiring you to IMMEDIATELY strap yourself into your Irongirl costume to save the world, I'll get pissed then if you fail to respond! Til then, peace.
[quote=Black Sedan;296070]What the hell? That's some attitude.

Thank you. Years of being a provider have fine-honed it, thanks to encountering many many hobbyist with the above mentioned tactics.

Sabrina seems to be handling things with tact. Even bothering to send in a note saying he called and apologized.

You're just plain name-calling.Please point out exactly what name I called and to whom I directed it.

I'll avoid doing the same back.Thank you. As will I.[/quote]
In this business (Remeber it is a business) as everywhere in life you will find people who meet your standards and those who do not. Enjoy those that do and ignore the rest. Makes for a happy life for me.

Torito Originally Posted by Torito
absolutely fantastic advice, tho i might still keep an eye on them or remember them as i ignore them [so i wont be blindsided in the future].
When a provider who has a good reputation, such as Sabrina, is unresponsive, my assumption is that a personal matter has arisen that required their urgent attention, or their email is down. There is no point in shooting from hip, when you don't have the facts.

Sabrina, I hope your Mom is doing better. Originally Posted by Fritz52
when i didnt receive a reply from sabrina for a possible meeting on the day she had to cut out, i figured something came up and she was not able to notify me about her change in plans. i did not expect she'd stop her life to leave an "out for an emergency" sign on her business door (tho that would have been appreciated). and tho i was a bit saddened that i wouldnt be able to visit her, i didnt get upset, pissed, angry, or vindictive. i didnt even write it up as a NCNS as we hadnt officially set an appt [we were still arranging].
There are always people that believe that they are entitled to whatever they want. It does not matter to them that you might actually have a life, it's all about them. You just need to cut them loose and forget about them. They will move on to annoying others Originally Posted by Dogoffhisleash
another way i look at it is - it seems to me that some people didnt stop to think things thru and consider ALL the various possibilities that might have come up. i'd say they are lazy but i wont jump to that conclusion.

this goes to the "honor" topic in the thread that chelsea recently started.
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=50069
perhaps a person didnt take the time to educate/model/train their kids in courtesy, respect, and honor... or perhaps the person didnt take the time to practice those characteristics. in any case, i let it roll off to the side as i move on. sometimes, rarely, i suggest to them another way to live that incorporates some or all of those characteristics.
It is sometime difficult for the gentlemen to realize we do not constantly sit at the computer or phone waiting for someone to contact us. We do actuallly have "real life" interfere with our hobby.

However, please remember spell check, grammar and the spacebar are always available