what's your reaction?

If you hobby, you have officially forfeited the, "Don't I know you from somewhere?" privilege.

Sounds like the lady handled it well and you learned a very valuable lesson. Thanks for posting this so others can learn from it.
Hell I would have pulled out a couple of bills and asked for a quicky in the restroom stall. Thats prolly ok, idnit?
When I worked in Addison, I used to see providers fairly regularly. Nope, nadda, nothing, notadamnthing ever came out of my mouth, well, maybe my tongue one time when I saw ??? walking by.

If this was pretty recent, you might send her a WTF apology.
She should have kneed the OP in the balls and walked away.
If you hobby, you have officially forfeited the, "Don't I know you from somewhere?" privilege.

Sounds like the lady handled it well and you learned a very valuable lesson. Thanks for posting this so others can learn from it. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
But Nurse, if he didn't recognize her as a provider until later, what was he supposed to do? That happens to me all the time, where I see someone who I think I know from somewhere else. It could be my kids' sports, their school, an old coworker, someone that just looks loke someone else, anything. What are the odds that it happened to be a provider? I hear you that if he knew you keep passing by. But if you don't know, shouldn't we be friendly in the normal everyday life?
I didn't pull the "don't I know you from somewhere"...

I actually thought I knew where I knew her from. Made some conversation, asked how the kids were doing, told I would see her later at the "place" I thought we had in common.

Turns out there is someone there that looks very similar to her. Since I never said "Hello <insert name here>" I never got the blank stare of "who the fuck are you again?".

Didn't realize it wasn't her until later when the real lady was clueless as to our coffee shop meeting.
I referee sports on the side and I seen a well known provider at her kids game and never said a word to her. There was no need and I made sure she never got a good look at me. If she did realize who I was she played it off just like I did .
I didn't pull the "don't I know you from somewhere"...

I actually thought I knew where I knew her from. Made some conversation, asked how the kids were doing, told I would see her later at the "place" I thought we had in common.

Turns out there is someone there that looks very similar to her. Since I never said "Hello <insert name here>" I never got the blank stare of "who the fuck are you again?".

Didn't realize it wasn't her until later when the real lady was clueless as to our coffee shop meeting. Originally Posted by Boltfan
That is a very unique circumstance so you can't really blame yourself for being inappropriate since you were sure she was a civvie from ur RL.

The OP made it seem like he just recognized her from somewhere but wasn't sure. My point was if you hobby, the likelihood of the person you recognize - but can't quite place - being a provider or hobbyist is on par with anyone else you meet in real life. For that reason, i would argue it's best to just avoid asking anything like that in general (so as to avoid awkward moments like the one the OP described).

Obviously there are women the OP might run into that are definitely NOT providers he would have seen so that is a safe bet but cmon it had to have crossed his mind before he asked. If I see a guy whom I am 99.9% sure works at the car wash (but i still have that .01% of doubt) i wouldn't take the risk of embarrassing us both. If you can't remember where you know someone from and you also happen to hobby. Don't. Say. Shit.

Its a really good question though and worth bringing up as many times as necessary. I imagine a lot of people don't think about it at first.
I would not stare for too long or look over too much, and would definitely not say anything.

If you're a guy, I think it would be sexy for us to, at MOST, make eye contact; and if I'm with someone, I'd just make a comment of something like.... I think I know that person, but can't recall from where. Then it makes it appear as if your looks were for inquisitive purposes. And talking about it openly with whoever you're with will make it appear as if you aren't hiding anything.

For me personally, if I see you in public, I probably will not look twice and I will not address or acknowledge you at all. You know it's me, I know it's you, and we don't need to draw any attention to the fact that we know each other.
I referee sports on the side and I seen a well known provider at her kids game and never said a word to her. There was no need and I made sure she never got a good look at me. If she did realize who I was she played it off just like I did . Originally Posted by scurryken
just make sure you don't slip up someday, and blurt out "I want to hit your tight end, and grace your wide receiver"!
Ah chung, you make me laugh!!!
OP, too bad you didn't name this thread: "I Saw A Provider In Public And Went Over And Said Hi! Was That Wrong?" The title doesn't really say what its about.

There should be a sticky about this protocol and the consequences of your actions. Could be disastrous to those of us married people here (clients and Providers).
Smile and start whistling, "Just Push Play".
But Nurse, if he didn't recognize her as a provider until later, what was he supposed to do? That happens to me all the time, where I see someone who I think I know from somewhere else. It could be my kids' sports, their school, an old coworker, someone that just looks loke someone else, anything. What are the odds that it happened to be a provider? I hear you that if he knew you keep passing by. But if you don't know, shouldn't we be friendly in the normal everyday life? Originally Posted by Looking41today
Sorry I didn't see this

Answer: No not ever (edited for a g-rating Lol)

As much as I love my clients and value their continued interest in me, I would never, ever acknowledge them in public (unless we were on date of course).
In all fairness, unless you're a regular there's a far greater chance of one us recognizing one of "them" than the other way 'round, eh? I mean except for PrettyFuckingFabulous I figure we're not really all that memorable, are we? It's easier to be one of the many recognizing the few than one of the few recognizing the many....and the rules of non-engagement on any level still apply. Outside of the "session" we're all strangers. The Asian girl at the Chinese takeaway looks a lot like an Asian girl that (maybe) sucked my dick once, but am I gonna ask if it was her? I think not.