George Floyd is responsible for his death

What did George Floyd do for a living? Originally Posted by Levianon17
Totally irrelevant to my point.

*I* have no problem with his death *IF* we start doing the same for people who bounce checks. Originally Posted by Precious_b
Sure, if they are high on something and resisting arrest, but I would say most people who bounce checks arent.
Let's be honest. George Floyd killed George Floyd. Read the autopsy. He had 3 times a fatal dose of fentanyl in his system. He would've been dead by midnight. Chauvin was wrongfully convicted here. Originally Posted by buzzlghtyr401
Another irrelevant statement. Even if true, Chauvin's actions did not let Floyd live until midnight. What if Chauvin had shot and killed Floyd while he was on the ground helpless? Would your claim that Floyd would have been dead by midnight have mattered? Chauvin's actions caused Floyd's death.
Totally irrelevant to my point. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I asked for a reason. I knew you wouldn't have a legitimate answer. So instead of saying it's irrelevant just say you don't know.
Sure, if they are high on something and resisting arrest, but I would say most people who bounce checks arent. Originally Posted by buzzlghtyr401
Why do you think people intentionally bounce checks? Because they wrote them for charitable contributions for tax benefits? Some of you really crack me up with your posts. LOL

Regardless, what bullshit he did was not worth an immediate death sentence without a judge and jury.

Anyway, this thread was started by a habitual troll. It is getting a lot more attention than it deserves. You guys have your fun with it. I've said my peace.
Chauvin's actions caused Floyd's death. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
How? I mean specifically... Did the autopsy show that Floyd died of heart attack, suffocation, a bullet wound? I mean I've never read or heard specifically how Chauvin caused Floyd to die.

Especially since his autopsy showed: No life-threatening injuries identified
How? I mean specifically... Did the autopsy show that Floyd died of heart attack, suffocation, a bullet wound? I mean I've never read or heard specifically how Chauvin caused Floyd to die.

Especially since his autopsy showed: No life-threatening injuries identified Originally Posted by texassapper

Here ya go sparky. You should take the time to watch Dr. Tobin's analysis.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/20/u...oyd-recap.html

If not, here's a little snippet:

Dr. Martin J. Tobin, a pulmonologist and a world-renowned expert on breathing, agreed, saying that Mr. Floyd died from a lack of oxygen imposed by the restraint.In his testimony, Dr. Tobin broke down the arrest in vivid detail, even identifying what he believed to be the exact moment that Mr. Floyd died.

Pulmonologist Testifies Fentanyl Did Not Impact George Floyd’s Breathing
Dr. Martin Tobin, an expert pulmonologist, said that George Floyd’s breathing rate in the moments before he died indicated that the fentanyl in his system was not having any effect on his breathing, despite the argument by Derek Chauvin’s legal team.

“One, two, three, four … … five, six, seven.” “So that was roughly a 17-second clip?” “Right.” “Is that number, the respiratory rate of 22, significant to this case?” “It’s extremely significant.” “Why is that?” “Because one of the things in this case is the question of fentanyl. And if fentanyl is having an effect, and is causing depression of the respiratory centers, the centers that control breathing. That’s going to result in a decrease in the respiratory rate. And it’s shown that with fentanyl, you expect a 40 percent reduction in the respiratory rate. So with fentanyl, his respiratory rate should be down at around 10. Instead of that, it’s right in the middle, at normal, at 22.”

Dr. Tobin said he saw no evidence of an overdose, striking a blow to the defense’s contention that drugs played a primary role in Mr. Floyd’s death. In nuanced testimony, Dr. Tobin counted Mr. Floyd’s breaths and said that he was breathing at a regular rate in the minutes before he died. Had he been suffering an overdose, Dr. Tobin said, the rate of breath should have slowed.
Though regular in interval, the breaths were not deep enough to sustain life, Dr. Tobin said. He was one of several expert witnesses who testified they saw no evidence of an overdose.
Uh oh. Facts being presented that counter the feelings of the folks on the right. That’s not allowed. You know they don’t do facts or research or science. They just like feelings and right wing talking points. Don’t confuse the idiot class with things beyond their comprehension.
Dr. Martin J. Tobin, a pulmonologist and a world-renowned expert on breathing, agreed, saying that Mr. Floyd died from a lack of oxygen imposed by the restraint. Originally Posted by 69in2it69
So lack of oxygen?.. Does that mean he suffocated?

Overdose results in respiratory depression which is reversible with naloxone. Sudden death can also occur because of cardiac arrest or severe anaphylactic reaction. The estimated lethal dose of fentanyl in humans is 2 mg. The recommended serum concentration for analgesia is 1–2 ng/ml and for anaesthesia it is 10–20 ng/ml. Blood concentrations of approximately 7 ng/ml or greater have been associated with fatalities where poly-substance use was involved. While fatalities have been reported after therapeutic use, many deaths have occurred as a result of the misuse of pharmaceutical products. Both used and unused fentanyl patches have been injected, smoked, snorted or taken orally with fatal consequences.

From the Toxicology report:
Blood drug and novel psychoactive substances screens:
1. Fentanyl 11 ng/mL
2. Norfentanyl 5.6 ng/mL

3. 4-ANPP 0.65 ng/mL
4. Methamphetamine 19 ng/mL
5. 11-Hydroxy Delta-9 THC 1.2 ng/mL;
Delta-9 Carboxy THC 42 ng/mL; Delta-9 THC 2.9 ng/mL
6. Cotinine positive
7. Caffeine positive

The Norfentanyl I'm given to understand means his body had already processed some qty of fentanyl. So more than the 7 ng/ml blood concentration that's found to be fatal when combined with other drugs... like the meth found in his system.

Seems someone being suffocated to death might twitch or flail a little bit... but:
No areas of subcutaneous hemorrhage, soft tissue contusion, or other occult injury are found in the posterior neck, right and left lateral neck, shoulders, back, flanks, or buttocks.
So lack of oxygen?.. Does that mean he suffocated?

Overdose results in respiratory depression which is reversible with naloxone. Sudden death can also occur because of cardiac arrest or severe anaphylactic reaction. The estimated lethal dose of fentanyl in humans is 2 mg. The recommended serum concentration for analgesia is 1–2 ng/ml and for anaesthesia it is 10–20 ng/ml. Blood concentrations of approximately 7 ng/ml or greater have been associated with fatalities where poly-substance use was involved. While fatalities have been reported after therapeutic use, many deaths have occurred as a result of the misuse of pharmaceutical products. Both used and unused fentanyl patches have been injected, smoked, snorted or taken orally with fatal consequences.

From the Toxicology report:
Blood drug and novel psychoactive substances screens:
1. Fentanyl 11 ng/mL
2. Norfentanyl 5.6 ng/mL

3. 4-ANPP 0.65 ng/mL
4. Methamphetamine 19 ng/mL
5. 11-Hydroxy Delta-9 THC 1.2 ng/mL;
Delta-9 Carboxy THC 42 ng/mL; Delta-9 THC 2.9 ng/mL
6. Cotinine positive
7. Caffeine positive

The Norfentanyl I'm given to understand means his body had already processed some qty of fentanyl. So more than the 7 ng/ml blood concentration that's found to be fatal when combined with other drugs... like the meth found in his system.

Seems someone being suffocated to death might twitch or flail a little bit... but:
No areas of subcutaneous hemorrhage, soft tissue contusion, or other occult injury are found in the posterior neck, right and left lateral neck, shoulders, back, flanks, or buttocks. Originally Posted by texassapper

Reading comprehension not your strong point? Maybe this helps a little...

Dr. Martin J. Tobin, a pulmonologist and a world-renowned expert on breathing, agreed, saying that Mr. Floyd died from a lack of oxygen imposed by the restraint.

Dr. Martin J. Tobin, a pulmonologist and a world-renowned expert on breathing, agreed, saying that Mr. Floyd died from a lack of oxygen imposed by the restraint. Originally Posted by 69in2it69
Which restraint?

Does Dr. Tobin the so called breathing expert know where the windpipe is located which is where gas exchange takes place? It's not on the back of the neck which is where Chauvin's knee was applying pressure. Secondly how much pressure is Chauvin really applying with his hands in his pocket, lol. The whole incident was bullshit. I can't believe people are dumb enough to believe this crap.
Does Dr. Tobin the so called breathing expert know where the windpipe is located which is where gas exchange takes place? It's not on the back of the neck which is where Chauvin's knee was applying pressure. Secondly how much pressure is Chauvin really applying with his hands in his pocket, lol. The whole incident was bullshit. I can't believe people are dumb enough to believe this crap. Originally Posted by Levianon17

I can't believe people are dumb enough to keep falling for BS, but I only have to come here to have it proven!

https://www.umc.edu/som/Departments%...ial_deaths.pdf

It is estimated that approximately 11 pounds of pressure is needed to occlude the carotid arteries; while only 4.4 pounds of pressure is needed to occlude the jugular veins.

Chauvin is right where he belongs, and I hope he lives a long time before dying in the same cell.
I can't believe people are dumb enough to believe this crap. Originally Posted by Levianon17
I'm old enough to remember if we stood on the circles 6 feet apart in the grocery store, or if we went only in one direction in an aisle we would reduce our chances of getting COVID. I got bitched at by lots of 'tards for ignoring that whole aisle direction shit...

LOL....

You have to remember 50 % of the public is stupider than the Average... and yes, they vote Democrat.
It is estimated that approximately 11 pounds of pressure is needed to occlude the carotid arteries; while only 4.4 pounds of pressure is needed to occlude the jugular veins. Originally Posted by 69in2it69
Those are choke hold numbers... anyone familiar with Brasilian Jujitsu understands them... but what restraints were you referring to, because I never saw Chauvin putting a choke hold on anyone...